Last visit was: Sun Apr 20, 2014 7:12 am It is currently Sun Apr 20, 2014 7:12 am

[ 11 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Red Rocks bans tarps for saving seats..... 
Wanee Gnome

Post Red Rocks bans tarps for saving seats.....
http://www.redrocksonline.com/Site/News ... spx?id=277

Will this set a precedent for other venues regarding holding spaces with personal property..... cough ........... chairs.

Tue Jun 18, 2013 10:26 pm Profile
Wanee Master

Post Re: Red Rocks bans tarps for saving seats.....
javajoe79 wrote:
Will this set a precedent for other venues regarding holding spaces with personal property..... cough ........... chairs.

Damn Fascists.....trying to rule the world.....one concert at a time. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Wed Jun 19, 2013 10:53 am Profile
Wanee Fan

More'n likely some 'grabby' concert-goers.

I mean: I can see saving a seat or two for yer friends... But when you rope off an entire row or chain a dozen chairs together in the Amphitheater, and leave them there ALL WEEKEND LONG...

Er, I mean, um, yeah!: What that joe guy said!

Wed Jun 19, 2013 6:20 pm Profile
Wanee Veteran

Good for Red Rocks. Better for fans.

Thu Jun 20, 2013 11:40 am Profile
Wanee Master

Good for them

Sun Jun 23, 2013 5:14 pm Profile
Wanee Pro

My lovely wife cannot stand for a long time due to spinal injuries and nerve damage. She would also be the last one to ever clog up the front with a chair. One can enjoy the music and festive people without having to be right up front. Just sayin'.

Mon Jun 24, 2013 8:13 am Profile
Wanee Veteran

I almost never head for the front. That scene is pretty much a distant memory. I tend to stay towards the center far enough away to have room to move around and dance. In all fairness I have taken advantage of blocked off sections before.

Mon Jun 24, 2013 9:47 am Profile
Wanee Veteran

http://www.npr.org/blogs/allsongs/2013/06/27/196261513/the-good-listener-when-is-it-ok-to-hold-seats-at-a-festival?sc=tw&cc=twmp

Fri Jun 28, 2013 10:38 am Profile
Wanee Master

The music, to me, is better toward the back anyway......Sure you might not see the fretwork of the pickers or the nuances of the drummer....but music is what it is all about to me.
I park my dead ass to the back and enjoy.....never staying in one place longer than usually one set anyway.
And no....I don't agree with placing a blanket or tarp (can I say chair) at sunrise to hold a spot for the late night show anyway.
:)

Fri Jun 28, 2013 10:47 am Profile
Wanee Gnome

I am talking about a serious movement against the chair people, tarp people, blanket people... who think they can set their junk down up front and "save" that spot for a certain set, day, or even all weekend....
I saw some of that this year but it took until later in the night for people to start moving in and folding up empty chairs. There were large areas forward of the sound stage with large groups of chairs that had everything from caution tape roping them off to one solitary person there guarding them to no one at all. It takes all night for the crowd to finally over run these people and their chairs.
These people get absolutely s#%tty with you too...

People these days just feel that it is all about me me me....

To me it is all about everyone having fun. If one person or a group of people show up when I am up front somewhere, or anywhere that is space limited, I do my best to make room.

Rivernole wrote:
The music, to me, is better toward the back anyway......Sure you might not see the fretwork of the pickers or the nuances of the drummer....but music is what it is all about to me.
I park my dead ass to the back and enjoy.....never staying in one place longer than usually one set anyway.
And no....I don't agree with placing a blanket or tarp (can I say chair) at sunrise to hold a spot for the late night show anyway.
:)

I love moving around too. Every spot is different and you never know what you might come across.

Spyderstan wrote:
My lovely wife cannot stand for a long time due to spinal injuries and nerve damage. She would also be the last one to ever clog up the front with a chair. One can enjoy the music and festive people without having to be right up front. Just sayin'.

That is great to hear. I want everyone to have a great time and to have the chance to experience anything they can. Sounds like you guys get it.

Sat Jul 06, 2013 11:31 pm Profile
 [ 11 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next