Last visit was: Mon Dec 22, 2014 9:28 am It is currently Mon Dec 22, 2014 9:28 am

[ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 URGENT! WANEE WEDDING - NEED A JP!!! 
Wanee Gnome

Post URGENT! WANEE WEDDING - NEED A JP!!!
Is there anybody on this board going to Wanee Festival this year who is a registered Justice of the Peace?? My fiancee and I are getting married on the river on Thursday, April 10th and need to find a licensed JP to do the ceremony! We have everything else already taken care of, we would just prefer not to pay admission for a day pass for a JP if we don't need to! Please let me know if you can help us or know someone who can! We are coming all the way down from New Hampshire and don't know a lot of local folks to help us out!

Mon Mar 17, 2014 1:47 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

Post Re: URGENT! WANEE WEDDING - NEED A JP!!!
Have you contacted the camp office? Maybe they can make arrangements for you with someone local without the need to have paid admission. They do host weddings so they surely can help. Here on the forum everyone is friendly and will bend over backwards to help so you’ll probably get someone that will volunteer but can you be sure that all will go off without a hitch (no pun intended) Considering the music and parties start on Wed you wouldn’t want to end up without someone to officiate should they forget or whatever may delay them.

True story, my brother had a big, expensive wedding that unfortunately never resulted in the marriage certificate being notarized and made official because the Chaplin forgot to come.

Good luck to you both and Merry Wanee Wedding.

Following the shadows of the skies or are they only figments of my eyes?
And I'm feeling close to where the race is run
Waiting in our boats to set sail, sea of joy

Mon Mar 17, 2014 5:54 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

My Mother, VolkeMom ;) , was a JP in Vermont for decades, did a few weddings.

She does weddings here, and informs me that one needs a Notary Public to have a legal wedding FL. I have video'd and been photog for one in Indiatlantic.

(she texted again)

*MUST have a FL marriage Licence (county clerk office - Suwannee County)
- https://maps.google.com/maps?ie=UTF-8&q ... IUBEPwSMAo

- Suwannee County Clerk-Courts
200 S Ohio Ave, Live Oak, FL ‎

* May not be same sex. :( Just sayin'

* $20 Notary fee.

That may make your search much easier.

BLESSINGS!!

"" I'm not gonna vote for more rules... we go to festivals to get away from most of the idiotic social customs and rules for a time, and be a bit more free than the regular world lets us... keep the rules simple and few, and let kindness rule rather than a rule book... ""

THIS. ↑↑↑↑

Author - Beach Bob - Monday 20 MAY 2013 - 8:22 am
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=10529&start=10&hilit=chairs

Mon Mar 17, 2014 6:42 pm Profile WWW
Wanee Master

Welcome to the Forum

I think the Gov'nah could do it but it would only be valid within the confines of Waneetopia... ;)

Mon Mar 17, 2014 7:12 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

Not a JP, but a Reverend. :)

Mon Mar 17, 2014 7:31 pm Profile
Wanee Gnome

raMBlinman30 wrote:
Is there anybody on this board going to Wanee Festival this year who is a registered Justice of the Peace?? My fiancee and I are getting married on the river on Thursday, April 10th and need to find a licensed JP to do the ceremony! We have everything else already taken care of, we would just prefer not to pay admission for a day pass for a JP if we don't need to! Please let me know if you can help us or know someone who can! We are coming all the way down from New Hampshire and don't know a lot of local folks to help us out!

-
My name is Jordan and I am an ordained minister. It happens that I will be attending Wanee and will be arriving on Wednesday, April 9th. I am only 18 years and have never done this, but I am within the confines of Florida law to marry you, as I am a Florida resident (South Florida). Depending on how desperate you are to get married and if all other options are exhausted, then I have confidence that I will be able to facilitate your beautiful ceremony. It will be my first wedding to facilitate and I would be honored to do it.

Mon Mar 17, 2014 11:25 pm Profile
Wanee Master

ReverendHugh wrote:
Not a JP, but a Reverend. :)

Please bless our camp. I'd feel much better if you did.

Mon Mar 17, 2014 11:44 pm Profile
Wanee Pro

I am an ordained minister in the state of Florida. I married my college friend a few years ago here in Florida and I did my second ceremony in Nevada last Fall. I know Florida is more relaxed about it than Nevada, I will have to look into the process in Suwanee county, but I would be down to help.

Tue Mar 18, 2014 2:02 am Profile
Wanee Master

Scrog wrote:
I am an ordained minister in the state of Florida. I married my college friend a few years ago here in Florida and I did my second ceremony in Nevada last Fall. I know Florida is more relaxed about it than Nevada, I will have to look into the process in Suwanee county, but I would be down to help.

Just don't dress as Dorothy... That would be weird (hilariously weird).

Tue Mar 18, 2014 2:12 am Profile
Wanee Pro

Mama Wanee wrote:
Scrog wrote:

Just don't dress as Dorothy... That would be weird (hilariously weird).

Well, I could pull off a Dorthy, ;)
but Thursday is Green tutu day, so weird be it. :mrgreen:

Tue Mar 18, 2014 5:19 am Profile
 [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next