Last visit was: Mon Dec 22, 2014 9:28 am It is currently Mon Dec 22, 2014 9:28 am




 [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 URGENT! WANEE WEDDING - NEED A JP!!! 
Author Message
Wanee Gnome

Joined: Sat Mar 15, 2014 8:18 pm
Posts: 3
Post URGENT! WANEE WEDDING - NEED A JP!!!
Is there anybody on this board going to Wanee Festival this year who is a registered Justice of the Peace?? My fiancee and I are getting married on the river on Thursday, April 10th and need to find a licensed JP to do the ceremony! We have everything else already taken care of, we would just prefer not to pay admission for a day pass for a JP if we don't need to! Please let me know if you can help us or know someone who can! We are coming all the way down from New Hampshire and don't know a lot of local folks to help us out!


Mon Mar 17, 2014 1:47 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

Joined: Sun Feb 05, 2012 8:04 pm
Posts: 2099
Location: Palm Bay, FL
Post Re: URGENT! WANEE WEDDING - NEED A JP!!!
Have you contacted the camp office? Maybe they can make arrangements for you with someone local without the need to have paid admission. They do host weddings so they surely can help. Here on the forum everyone is friendly and will bend over backwards to help so you’ll probably get someone that will volunteer but can you be sure that all will go off without a hitch (no pun intended) Considering the music and parties start on Wed you wouldn’t want to end up without someone to officiate should they forget or whatever may delay them.

True story, my brother had a big, expensive wedding that unfortunately never resulted in the marriage certificate being notarized and made official because the Chaplin forgot to come.

Good luck to you both and Merry Wanee Wedding.

_________________
Judie

Following the shadows of the skies or are they only figments of my eyes?
And I'm feeling close to where the race is run
Waiting in our boats to set sail, sea of joy


Mon Mar 17, 2014 5:54 pm Profile
Wanee Lover
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 06, 2010 7:16 pm
Posts: 1901
Location: Melbourne FL
Post Re: URGENT! WANEE WEDDING - NEED A JP!!!
My Mother, VolkeMom ;) , was a JP in Vermont for decades, did a few weddings.

She does weddings here, and informs me that one needs a Notary Public to have a legal wedding FL. I have video'd and been photog for one in Indiatlantic.

(she texted again)

*MUST have a FL marriage Licence (county clerk office - Suwannee County)
- https://maps.google.com/maps?ie=UTF-8&q ... IUBEPwSMAo

- Suwannee County Clerk-Courts
200 S Ohio Ave, Live Oak, FL ‎

* May not be same sex. :( Just sayin'

* $20 Notary fee.

That may make your search much easier.

BLESSINGS!!

_________________
"" I'm not gonna vote for more rules... we go to festivals to get away from most of the idiotic social customs and rules for a time, and be a bit more free than the regular world lets us... keep the rules simple and few, and let kindness rule rather than a rule book... ""

THIS. ↑↑↑↑

Author - Beach Bob - Monday 20 MAY 2013 - 8:22 am
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=10529&start=10&hilit=chairs


Mon Mar 17, 2014 6:42 pm Profile WWW
Wanee Master
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 14, 2011 8:05 pm
Posts: 6858
Post Re: URGENT! WANEE WEDDING - NEED A JP!!!
Welcome to the Forum

I think the Gov'nah could do it but it would only be valid within the confines of Waneetopia... ;)


Mon Mar 17, 2014 7:12 pm Profile
Wanee Lover
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 31, 2010 11:26 am
Posts: 1341
Location: Nep-Nep-Nep-Neptune!
Post Re: URGENT! WANEE WEDDING - NEED A JP!!!
Not a JP, but a Reverend. :)


Mon Mar 17, 2014 7:31 pm Profile
Wanee Gnome

Joined: Mon Mar 17, 2014 11:12 pm
Posts: 1
Post Re: URGENT! WANEE WEDDING - NEED A JP!!!
raMBlinman30 wrote:
Is there anybody on this board going to Wanee Festival this year who is a registered Justice of the Peace?? My fiancee and I are getting married on the river on Thursday, April 10th and need to find a licensed JP to do the ceremony! We have everything else already taken care of, we would just prefer not to pay admission for a day pass for a JP if we don't need to! Please let me know if you can help us or know someone who can! We are coming all the way down from New Hampshire and don't know a lot of local folks to help us out!

-
My name is Jordan and I am an ordained minister. It happens that I will be attending Wanee and will be arriving on Wednesday, April 9th. I am only 18 years and have never done this, but I am within the confines of Florida law to marry you, as I am a Florida resident (South Florida). Depending on how desperate you are to get married and if all other options are exhausted, then I have confidence that I will be able to facilitate your beautiful ceremony. It will be my first wedding to facilitate and I would be honored to do it.


Mon Mar 17, 2014 11:25 pm Profile
Wanee Master
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 07, 2009 7:08 am
Posts: 6687
Location: Florida
Post Re: URGENT! WANEE WEDDING - NEED A JP!!!
ReverendHugh wrote:
Not a JP, but a Reverend. :)


Please bless our camp. I'd feel much better if you did.

_________________
~~Can't go back and you can't stand still. If the peaches don't get you, then the mushrooms will.~~


Mon Mar 17, 2014 11:44 pm Profile
Wanee Pro
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 28, 2011 9:33 am
Posts: 313
Location: Ocala, Fl
Post Re: URGENT! WANEE WEDDING - NEED A JP!!!
I am an ordained minister in the state of Florida. I married my college friend a few years ago here in Florida and I did my second ceremony in Nevada last Fall. I know Florida is more relaxed about it than Nevada, I will have to look into the process in Suwanee county, but I would be down to help.

_________________
QSAROO-Candles lighting other Candles


Tue Mar 18, 2014 2:02 am Profile
Wanee Master
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 07, 2009 7:08 am
Posts: 6687
Location: Florida
Post Re: URGENT! WANEE WEDDING - NEED A JP!!!
Scrog wrote:
I am an ordained minister in the state of Florida. I married my college friend a few years ago here in Florida and I did my second ceremony in Nevada last Fall. I know Florida is more relaxed about it than Nevada, I will have to look into the process in Suwanee county, but I would be down to help.


Just don't dress as Dorothy... That would be weird (hilariously weird).

_________________
~~Can't go back and you can't stand still. If the peaches don't get you, then the mushrooms will.~~


Tue Mar 18, 2014 2:12 am Profile
Wanee Pro
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 28, 2011 9:33 am
Posts: 313
Location: Ocala, Fl
Post Re: URGENT! WANEE WEDDING - NEED A JP!!!
Mama Wanee wrote:
Scrog wrote:
I am an ordained minister in the state of Florida. I married my college friend a few years ago here in Florida and I did my second ceremony in Nevada last Fall. I know Florida is more relaxed about it than Nevada, I will have to look into the process in Suwanee county, but I would be down to help.


Just don't dress as Dorothy... That would be weird (hilariously weird).

Well, I could pull off a Dorthy, ;)
but Thursday is Green tutu day, so weird be it. :mrgreen:

_________________
QSAROO-Candles lighting other Candles


Tue Mar 18, 2014 5:19 am Profile
 [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baiduspider, Bing [Bot], CCBot, Google [Bot], Rivernole, Yahoo [Bot] and 0 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
Intentional bypassing of the word filter will lead to user banning. The forum is used by all ages and walks of life and your respect for that is appreciated.
Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group.
Designed by Vjacheslav Trushkin for Free Forums/DivisionCore.