Last visit was: Mon Apr 21, 2014 8:10 am It is currently Mon Apr 21, 2014 8:10 am

[ 95 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next
 Zimmerman Trial 
Wanee Pro

Post Zimmerman Trial
Just heard there are protestors being bussed in to Sanford, some from out of state.
Living near Sanford, I'm gonna take my guitar down and sing protest songs.
Any suggestions?
I don't know any dirty rotten scum sucking gun owner songs.

Mon Jun 10, 2013 9:10 am Profile
Wanee Veteran

Post Re: Zimmerman Trial
Well. There's always Jerry Jeff Walker's Up Against The Wall Redneck Mother
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YcBOcwgb4OA

But you wouldn't catch me there for nothin'. I fail to see where anyone protesting on the courthouse steps ever changed anyone else's opinion. On the teevee news, it will merely look like like a gang of nutjobs from the left, hollering at a gang of nutjobs from the right.

But, if ya feel strongly about it, go exercise your first amendment rights, and say your piece. Far too many people don't give a poop, and/or are otherwise hypnotized by the multitude of distractions that occupy their minds, while unseen powers pillage the coffers.

I bet you'd be surprised to find out how many regulars here own guns 8-)

Mon Jun 10, 2013 9:59 am Profile
Wanee Master

beach bob wrote:
I bet you'd be surprised to find out how many regulars here own guns

got a few myself...... ;)

owning guns has nothing to do with killing people.... :o

Mon Jun 10, 2013 10:23 am Profile
Wanee Pro

Rivernole wrote:
beach bob wrote:
I bet you'd be surprised to find out how many regulars here own guns

got a few myself...... ;)

owning guns has nothing to do with killing people.... :o

Ditto

Mon Jun 10, 2013 10:26 am Profile
Wanee Pro

Just viewing the news. Looks like this event is an opportunity to protest anything and everything.
BTW, my original post was tongue in cheek. I have no intention of going there. But having fun making up mock songs. It's my nature.

Mon Jun 10, 2013 10:32 am Profile
Wanee Master

Maybe I posted this here, maybe it was on Facecrack.

So I am walking on the street, and suddenly I realize that I am being stalked by some dude who then confronts me.

Do I have the right to protect / defend myself? Do I have the right to stand my ground?

Even if I'm wearing a hoodie?

Just wondering.

"Remember: music is a religion. You have to pray every day."
-- Jose' Luis "Cheo" Pardo, Los Amigos Invisibles

Mon Jun 10, 2013 12:10 pm Profile
Wanee Pro

tieyourshoes51 wrote:

So I am walking on the street, and suddenly I realize that I am being stalked by some dude who then confronts me.

Do I have the right to protect / defend myself? Do I have the right to stand my ground?

Just wondering.

According to what I remember hearing, Zimmerman did not confront Martin, just follow him. Being followed, it was Martin who turned and confronted Zimmerman.
Only one man alive knows what really happened.

As far as did he have the right to turn and confront, I suppose so. You also have a right to jump in a pond with a 15' gator.

Mon Jun 10, 2013 1:46 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

tieyourshoes51 wrote:

Just wondering.

Well, the nature of what is threatening you is very unclear in the details you provide, but you do have the right to protect yourself, or to 'stand your ground' (IE:defend your life, in this use) wearing whatever apparel you choose.

I would not advise going between houses, off the 'beaten track', nor coming back to ask if your 'stalker' "Has a problem with you", much less engaging in any conversation. Nor would I advise assaulting your 'stalker', he may be armed.

If the 'stalker' alarms you, or makes you feel threatened, my advice would be to call the authorities at the first sign of your 'stalker'. Should you be engaged in a cell call with your girlfriend, perhaps hang up and call police (911). You may find they already have been contacted by your 'stalker' and you may defuse a possibly tragic mis-identification situation with your information.
(Should the 'stalker' be of little concern to you, or you feel you can take the law into your own hands, dont bother calling.)
Let us suppose you DID call 911, and cleared up the Mis-ID. Leaving, you exchange a few dirty looks with the a**hole who wouldnt leave you alone, and you go back to where you are visiting.
Later, you may find that neighborhood you are visiting has had problems in the past, and by coincidence your activities mimic the activities of those who are suspected to be the cause of said problems. You may shake your head at the sadness of some overzealous hispanic neighborhood watch guy thinking you are a perp, but you will have the time to reflect.

But that makes for such boring reading... common sense often does.

Better story-
Maybe, if you feel you are physically superior, turn the tables on your stalker!! Confront him! Ask him what his *&^% problem is. If he/she is unclear, make sure you let them know YOU are now their problem, and put a beating on them MMA style. Leave their A** beaten on the sidewalk, in the rain. Teach them NOT to mess with people that look like you.
What could go wrong?

"" I'm not gonna vote for more rules... we go to festivals to get away from most of the idiotic social customs and rules for a time, and be a bit more free than the regular world lets us... keep the rules simple and few, and let kindness rule rather than a rule book... ""

THIS. ↑↑↑↑

Author - Beach Bob - Monday 20 MAY 2013 - 8:22 am
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=10529&start=10&hilit=chairs

Mon Jun 10, 2013 4:04 pm Profile WWW
Wanee Pro

I started this hoping for song titles, gun related.
Here's one... Hey Joe
or
Hey George... where you going with that gun in your hand.

Mon Jun 10, 2013 6:10 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

Oh! :oops:

Thats a helluva LOT more fun than what it is headed for..

How about 'Janie's Got a Gun - Aerosmith'

"" I'm not gonna vote for more rules... we go to festivals to get away from most of the idiotic social customs and rules for a time, and be a bit more free than the regular world lets us... keep the rules simple and few, and let kindness rule rather than a rule book... ""

THIS. ↑↑↑↑

Author - Beach Bob - Monday 20 MAY 2013 - 8:22 am
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=10529&start=10&hilit=chairs

Tue Jun 11, 2013 7:02 am Profile WWW
 [ 95 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next