Last visit was: Fri Nov 28, 2014 3:03 am It is currently Fri Nov 28, 2014 3:03 am




 [ 88 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 9  Next
 Magnolia Fest Roll Call 
Author Message
Wanee Fan

Joined: Fri Mar 22, 2013 8:00 am
Posts: 193
Post Re: Magnolia Fest Roll Call
whole lot of love wrote:
need a good fix of live music. new orleans suspects are playing locally next wk in pt canaveral 5$ saw them twice at magfest and they give a great show so hope to see you. :)


I missed their actual set at Mag last year, but they were a main part of the late-night aftershow in the amphitheatre (much of it was just them + Fred&Paul). I REALLY, REALLY enjoyed them. Wish they were on my side of the state instead of PC. From their website, they are doing a little swing through FL over the next 2 weeks, but none of the shows are very close to me. :(


Wed Sep 18, 2013 9:53 am Profile
Wanee Lover
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 06, 2010 7:16 pm
Posts: 1866
Location: Melbourne FL
Post Re: Magnolia Fest Roll Call
whole lot of love wrote:
need a good fix of live music. new orleans suspects are playing locally next wk in pt canaveral 5$ saw them twice at magfest and they give a great show so hope to see you. :)



http://www.earthawareness.org/

Thanks for the heads up!! Might go there next weekend.

_________________
"" I'm not gonna vote for more rules... we go to festivals to get away from most of the idiotic social customs and rules for a time, and be a bit more free than the regular world lets us... keep the rules simple and few, and let kindness rule rather than a rule book... ""

THIS. ↑↑↑↑

Author - Beach Bob - Monday 20 MAY 2013 - 8:22 am
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=10529&start=10&hilit=chairs


Wed Sep 18, 2013 11:14 am Profile WWW
Wanee Fan

Joined: Fri Mar 22, 2013 8:00 am
Posts: 193
Post Re: Magnolia Fest Roll Call
Here's a clip I recorded during the latenight Jam at last year's Mag; it was just their soundcheck, but sounded great. Quality is mediocre, I filmed it with a little handheld sport camera. Oh, and there is at least a remote chance that the operator may have been somewhat intoxicated.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SzCJtjDUgC4


Wed Sep 18, 2013 11:44 am Profile
Wanee Gnome

Joined: Wed Sep 18, 2013 4:46 pm
Posts: 2
Post Re: Magnolia Fest Roll Call- Tix
Hello all. Wanted to check here to see if anyone had any earlier priced tickets they were looking to sell? Looking for 2-4. Much Respect, Rasta.


Wed Sep 18, 2013 4:56 pm Profile
Wanee Lover
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 06, 2010 7:16 pm
Posts: 1866
Location: Melbourne FL
Post Re: Magnolia Fest Roll Call
SeaPA wrote:
Here's a clip I recorded during the latenight Jam at last year's Mag; it was just their soundcheck, but sounded great. Quality is mediocre, I filmed it with a little handheld sport camera. Oh, and there is at least a remote chance that the operator may have been somewhat intoxicated.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SzCJtjDUgC4


Great video! Kinda cool to see the informality of a soundcheck.

And the sound is good for a camera. You may be able to go into the settings of the camera and make it better. Sounds like it is set to a "concert" preset, where it compresses the bass...always a little late. Image

If you can set it to "low" level , and use no presets (ie: 'concert' 'solo' 'group' etc) the magic of digital tech may amaze you. Counter intuitive, but seems to work for me. YMMV.
Seems like life....you can always make things louder later, but distorted never becomes clear. :lol:

_________________
"" I'm not gonna vote for more rules... we go to festivals to get away from most of the idiotic social customs and rules for a time, and be a bit more free than the regular world lets us... keep the rules simple and few, and let kindness rule rather than a rule book... ""

THIS. ↑↑↑↑

Author - Beach Bob - Monday 20 MAY 2013 - 8:22 am
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=10529&start=10&hilit=chairs


Wed Sep 18, 2013 8:18 pm Profile WWW
Wanee Fan

Joined: Fri Mar 22, 2013 8:00 am
Posts: 193
Post Re: Magnolia Fest Roll Call
I'll tinker with it a little & try some different settings; I'm sure I'll bring the thing to Mag again in a few weeks.

That was the only thing I got from the jam session that night; it runs on a rechargable battery & they were on the verge of running dead. I think I got about the first 15 seconds of the first song they actually played a few minute later, then the camera shut off. My boys do, however, have an abundance of video of their buddies & them running around the campsite. :lol:


Thu Sep 19, 2013 7:49 am Profile
Wanee Master
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 27, 2009 7:43 pm
Posts: 9156
Location: Albany, NY
Post Re: Magnolia Fest Roll Call
Thinking of coming up Sat. morning early. Is there someone who can pick up a couple of BOS's and (tent & cooler) in the parking with a golf cart lot cause they won't let us in the campground on single day tickets and have a small place to rest our bones for the night. Let me know message me Thanks Dartdog

_________________
When In Doubt, Play Allmans
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QBfhL3EyAIk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nm039Hw45aw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_FCQwv82 ... r_embedded

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NBo_POKv21w


Thu Sep 19, 2013 8:13 am Profile WWW
Wanee Veteran

Joined: Wed Mar 23, 2011 4:33 pm
Posts: 977
Post Re: Magnolia Fest Roll Call
dawes and col.bruce are scheduled at the same time mushroom stage and porch. wonder how those sounds will mix. :|


Fri Sep 20, 2013 3:52 pm Profile
Wanee Lover
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 26, 2010 3:41 pm
Posts: 1401
Post Re: Magnolia Fest Roll Call
Dartdog82 wrote:
Thinking of coming up Sat. morning early. Is there someone who can pick up a couple of BOS's and (tent & cooler) in the parking with a golf cart lot cause they won't let us in the campground on single day tickets and have a small place to rest our bones for the night. Let me know message me Thanks Dartdog


My in laws are coming Thursday for RRE with a single day ticket and will be leaving after the show. I was wondering if they would be able to stay in my extra tent and leave Friday morning I stead of driving home to GA. Anyone think there would be an issue with them doing that?? I emailed magfest with no response.


Sat Sep 21, 2013 4:56 pm Profile
Wanee Master
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 27, 2009 7:43 pm
Posts: 9156
Location: Albany, NY
Post Re: Magnolia Fest Roll Call
scotydog826 wrote:
Dartdog82 wrote:
Thinking of coming up Sat. morning early. Is there someone who can pick up a couple of BOS's and (tent & cooler) in the parking with a golf cart lot cause they won't let us in the campground on single day tickets and have a small place to rest our bones for the night. Let me know message me Thanks Dartdog


My in laws are coming Thursday for RRE with a single day ticket and will be leaving after the show. I was wondering if they would be able to stay in my extra tent and leave Friday morning I stead of driving home to GA. Anyone think there would be an issue with them doing that?? I emailed magfest with no response.

I don't think that would be a problem, but you never know. Try calling them 386-364-1683, I always get answer that way. :D

Ohh and I plan on doing it Sat. night. ;)

_________________
When In Doubt, Play Allmans
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QBfhL3EyAIk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nm039Hw45aw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_FCQwv82 ... r_embedded

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NBo_POKv21w


Sat Sep 21, 2013 8:03 pm Profile WWW
 [ 88 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 9  Next


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baiduspider, Bing [Bot], CCBot, Choopa.net/ahrefs.com[Bot], Google [Bot] and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
Intentional bypassing of the word filter will lead to user banning. The forum is used by all ages and walks of life and your respect for that is appreciated.
Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group.
Designed by Vjacheslav Trushkin for Free Forums/DivisionCore.