Last visit was: Mon Dec 22, 2014 7:23 pm It is currently Mon Dec 22, 2014 7:23 pm

[ 88 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 Magnolia Fest Roll Call 
Wanee Lover

Post Re: Magnolia Fest Roll Call
so to recap, who all is going?

my wife and i, we usually camp up off of the dirt road that runs beside river road. usually 50-100 yards behind the big stage area. Leaving Macon Thursday morn between 8-9 am.

Tue Sep 24, 2013 10:36 am Profile
Wanee Fan

We will be there, not sure where we will camp. Last year we were up River Road in the Hidden Woods area.

What's the river level look like? I was downstream a bit last weekend (Fanning Springs area) and the current was pretty strong, everything there was closed off as far as swimming. And it hasn't exactly been dry the last few days, wondering if they'll have it closed (I think it was during Wanee, right?)

Tue Sep 24, 2013 2:07 pm Profile
Wanee Veteran

surrounded by condos and the banana river we saw new orleans suspects and a local ground rocketers. the suspects really gave us an hour of great music until the time limit hit. tight band

Sun Sep 29, 2013 6:24 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

whole lot of love wrote:
surrounded by condos and the banana river we saw new orleans suspects and a local ground rocketers. the suspects really gave us an hour of great music until the time limit hit. tight band

Must have been in the Village! Not a bad place for music (close to the house)! Parking not bad either!

Sun Sep 29, 2013 6:36 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

Here is a schedule that might be a little easier to follow. PM if you want a pdf copy of this emailed to you!

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mon Sep 30, 2013 12:16 am Profile
Wanee Veteran

rmagfests drum circle is alot of fun late night

Last edited by whole lot of love on Thu Oct 03, 2013 4:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Sep 30, 2013 6:50 am Profile
Wanee Lover

HAHAHA!! I was looking through the schedule yesterday, and I pointed out that Stephen Marley's set was a late-night set and Amelia, my 8 yr-old daughter, calmly responded "Well, I guess I'll have to take a nap earlier in the day".

Don't question that chick, and DO NOT get between her and any sort of Marley, because she will kick your a$$. :evil: :lol:

In the clearing stands a boxer and a fighter by his trade and he carries the reminders of every glove that laid him down and cut him till he cried out in his anger and his shame, "I am leaving, I am leaving"...

...But the fighter still remains.

Mon Sep 30, 2013 12:34 pm Profile
Wanee Fan

A schedule question for those of you who are Magfest veterans; last year's Mag was my first trip to the park.

I notice this year that on both Friday and Saturday nights, the last show of night (not including the DtB fundraiser) run quite late, and are in the Amphitheatre. IIRC, last year the night's last scheduled show both nights (Chris Robinson, Bonnie Raitt) ended a good bit earlier - midnight or so - and were in the Meadow, with things then moving back to the Amphitheatre for the late night jams.

With the last scheduled shows this year running until 1/1:30 in the amphitheatre, is it likely that there will not be a late night jam session this year? I assume Saturday the Benefit is replacing the jam, but not sure about Friday night (just in case I'm still wound up after Marley's show & not in the mood yet to go crash).

Thu Oct 03, 2013 11:57 am Profile
Wanee Veteran

late night jams throughout the campground get your bill monroe ears ready

Thu Oct 03, 2013 4:27 pm Profile
Wanee Fan

Slopryland is ALWAYS a good bet for all night jamming.

It's on the dirt road alonside Rees Lake...

Word.

Thu Oct 03, 2013 4:29 pm Profile
 [ 88 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next