Last visit was: Fri Apr 18, 2014 9:08 am It is currently Fri Apr 18, 2014 9:08 am

[ 88 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 Magnolia Fest Roll Call 
Wanee Lover

Post Re: Magnolia Fest Roll Call
i cant find the app

Mon Oct 14, 2013 10:05 am Profile
Wanee Fan

Uggggh, still unsure how to handle things this weekend. Wife & kids can't leave until around lunchtime Friday, but I really want to see Railroad Earth. Complicating things, I'm coaching my younger son's soccer team, and we have practice Thursday. I might cut practice a bit short that evening, have a few basics packed, and dash up that evening. It's about a 2 hour drive, I can probably get there in time to catch the RRE show. Then I'll have to drive back home Friday morning to actually pack for the trip (getting all of the family crap).

I've never seen RRE but have watched some clips on youtube. Are they worth going thru the extra travel & hassle?

Mon Oct 14, 2013 1:05 pm Profile
Wanee Mushroom

SeaPA wrote:
Uggggh, still unsure how to handle things this weekend. Wife & kids can't leave until around lunchtime Friday, but I really want to see Railroad Earth. Complicating things, I'm coaching my younger son's soccer team, and we have practice Thursday. I might cut practice a bit short that evening, have a few basics packed, and dash up that evening. It's about a 2 hour drive, I can probably get there in time to catch the RRE show. Then I'll have to drive back home Friday morning to actually pack for the trip (getting all of the family crap).

I've never seen RRE but have watched some clips on youtube. Are they worth going thru the extra travel & hassle?

I say YES! How far is the drive? Can you really make it count and get there early enough Col Bruce?

RRE is worth it imho! 8-)

Mon Oct 14, 2013 4:26 pm Profile
Wanee Veteran

weather thanks to weather underground http://www.wunderground.com/cgi-bin/fin ... 60.1.99999 :)

Mon Oct 14, 2013 4:51 pm Profile
Wanee Fan

The drive is a little over 2 hours; no way I can get there in time for Col Bruce due to the kids soccer practice - I'd probably be leaving home at about the time they're starting. Can probably get there in time for the start of RRE but not much earlier than that.

Dang kids. I knew I was in for trouble when my wife got me liquored up Halloween night 2004 & proceeded to molest me. Nine months later the crap hit the fan as a miniature version of me entered the world.

Mon Oct 14, 2013 8:00 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

SeaPA wrote:

I planned a week vacation in the summer around seeing them twice, red rocks and boulder. Yes they are worth it :-)

Mon Oct 14, 2013 8:07 pm Profile
Wanee Mushroom

Capt Brian wrote:
Just an FYI: Magnolia Fest app is available for your smart phone! Grab your reading glasses for all you blind folk! I know I sure need mine! :shock: :ugeek:

I can't find the app. I must be blind. Lil help?

Tue Oct 15, 2013 6:11 pm Profile
Wanee Mushroom

I went down there last night to check things out. Things are starting to Buzz. The river is finally down pretty low but they still have the barricades up blocking it. Not sure on the reason. People are still making there way to it though. I wish I could have stayed but work calls. Luckily I'm only 30 miles north. Can't wait to get back down there and get the party started.

Wed Oct 16, 2013 8:35 am Profile
Wanee Mushroom

Thanx for the update Breezeman. We're heading in tonight. Last I heard the barricades are there to show that the river is closed (due to liability reasons not the gov't shutdown ;) ). Hence if anyone goes around them they do so at their own risk. It definitely hasn't stopped the beach party at previous fests 8-)

Wed Oct 16, 2013 12:10 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

Installing the app on my iPhone right now

Wed Oct 16, 2013 9:58 pm Profile
 [ 88 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next