Last visit was: Wed Aug 27, 2014 8:53 am It is currently Wed Aug 27, 2014 8:53 am

[ 88 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
 Magnolia Fest Roll Call 
Wanee Fan

Post Re: Magnolia Fest Roll Call
Hope the rest of you had as great a time as we had, it was excellent (even though I didn't make it up Thursday for RRE; sometimes life gets in the way of a lot of fun. Some random thoughts:

*last year, I damn near froze to death. This year I was more worried about staying hyrdrated, it was pretty warm.
*despite it being pretty warm, my boys & their 2 buddies gathered up an IMMENSE amount of firewood, dragging virtually every downed limb in Hidden Woods over to our campsite (if you're going to Hulaween, message me & I'll clue you in to where you can find this massive pile of lumber).
*after one of the logging trips, they came back & the youngest of the boys came over to his mom excitedly; "Mom, I found a FISH statue." And damned if he didn't, an interesting little dolphin statue. It had a hole in the tail, and his mouth was open in a way that it almost looked to be "bowl-shaped." And that hole in the tail seemed to go all the way through to the mouth. DOH!
*Prine was awesome, Marley as awesome, DtB was awesome. Hell, everyone I saw was awesome.
*Early Sunday afternoon, we went down to the beach for awhile. While we were there, a group was there for a "celebration of life" for a friend that had passed sometime recently. It was very nice and quite touching. I never met you Mel, but from the things I heard said I'm sure it would've been my pleasure to have known you.
*Hoping my boys forget the words to their new favorite song before music class Wednesday, not sure their teacher will want to hear them singing "I peed on a bird, I peed on a bird."

Mon Oct 21, 2013 8:19 am Profile
Wanee Master

SeaPA wrote:
Hoping my boys forget the words to their new favorite song before music class Wednesday, not sure their teacher will want to hear them singing "I peed on a bird, I peed on a bird."

sounds like someone enjoyed the Tornado Rider....that guy kills it...entertaining and unusual.

Mon Oct 21, 2013 8:46 am Profile
Wanee Lover

We had a blast. Inlaws came up Thurs and stayed with us Thurs night. My father in law said "i know yall are used to this, but it is like a religious experience". best quote of the weekend.

we mostly stayed at the amphitheater stage and kicked it in the hammock.

Having never seen Willie, that was really cool
DbT, Marley, DTB, RRE all killed it. We had a blast.

I was at the beach Sunday from about 11-1. What time was this ceremony?

I did hear a kid at the beach yell "i got water in my asshole". i laughed.

Mon Oct 21, 2013 4:53 pm Profile
Wanee Master

I was a last minute decision to go. It was another incredible experience at the park with some of the best people on the planet.

Mon Oct 21, 2013 5:01 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

Had a blast at Mag! Made some great new friends! Had THE BEST site in the park! And will have it for next year! Confirmed it before we left the park this afternoon! Think I will be making an official "Don't Feed The Animals" sign for next year!

"Cheezits" or "BACON" permitted! :o :shock: :lol: :lol:

Mon Oct 21, 2013 6:50 pm Profile
Wanee Veteran

happy alot of the characters made it great time keller and the courry brothers one of the best shows ive ever seen at the park kris was a downer after that but great it its own way fun times :)

Mon Oct 21, 2013 9:11 pm Profile
Wanee Veteran

weather was great :)

Mon Oct 21, 2013 9:13 pm Profile
Wanee Fan

Scoty, I'd guess the ceremony was around 1, I think that's about what time we got down there. They were over to the left as you get to the beach (if you're familiar, there's a spot where there is the remains of a huge old, fallen tree, over where it's a bit more flat - they were there, with some photo boards of the guy, his ashes, and a boxed, folded flag - I assume he was a Vet).

Tue Oct 22, 2013 7:37 am Profile
 [ 88 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9