Last visit was: Fri Aug 01, 2014 6:28 pm It is currently Fri Aug 01, 2014 6:28 pm

[ 6 posts ] 
 Feedback on Generator Camping 
Wanee Mushroom

Post Feedback on Generator Camping
In order to save some money I have been thinking about generator camping in the future at SOSMP ($800 for 3 festivals a year). I have a small pop-up with a super quiet Honda Generator. One of the concerns I have is the noise from other campers. Camped at a NASCAR track a few years back where everyone was running super loud generators and it about drove me nuts. Has anyone camped at the generator lot at the SOSMP? If so how loud was it and is there enough room to camp away from the noise? I assume the generator area is restricted to Area C (Bat House) on the SOSMP map. We bring bikes so the walk does not bother us.

Thu Nov 14, 2013 11:52 am Profile
Wanee Lover

Post Re: Feedback on Generator Camping
What are you running on the generator? I am in primitive on river road, with 2 inverters. One for the disco ball, other for lappy and general needs.

I brought 2 large 12v golf cart batteries, and 2 6v i pair to 12v. has fit ALL my needs so far.

My hot water is LP, lights battery and LP.

BEARCREEK!!!

EDIT- last Wanee i ran a 2.8 GMP sureflo pump out of 6 gallon water cans for wash water, shower and fire control. :) I also ran a USB charging station for phones, etc. The (2) 6V batteries did the entire week, and were still at 80% charge.
My buddy ran a 400w inverter with a CPAP machine for 5 days NO problem off one of the big 12V cart batteries. I gave it to him, hope he kept it charged..

"" I'm not gonna vote for more rules... we go to festivals to get away from most of the idiotic social customs and rules for a time, and be a bit more free than the regular world lets us... keep the rules simple and few, and let kindness rule rather than a rule book... ""

THIS. ↑↑↑↑

Author - Beach Bob - Monday 20 MAY 2013 - 8:22 am
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=10529&start=10&hilit=chairs

Thu Nov 14, 2013 11:57 am Profile WWW
Wanee Master

A neighbor parked by me last year at Brrrr....in the general area...and asked if he could run his generator. He put it out and you could only hear it when he started it.....other than that it was so quiet you would never know he was running one. It was a Honda Q1000 or something like that. I can't see anyone complaining about that....and they have a bigger models that are supposedly just as quiet.

Thu Nov 14, 2013 12:54 pm Profile
Wanee Mushroom

Volkemon wrote:
What are you running on the generator? I am in primitive on river road, with 2 inverters. One for the disco ball, other for lappy and general needs.

I brought 2 large 12v golf cart batteries, and 2 6v i pair to 12v. has fit ALL my needs so far.

My hot water is LP, lights battery and LP.

BEARCREEK!!!

EDIT- last Wanee i ran a 2.8 GMP sureflo pump out of 6 gallon water cans for wash water, shower and fire control. :) I also ran a USB charging station for phones, etc. The (2) 6V batteries did the entire week, and were still at 80% charge.
My buddy ran a 400w inverter with a CPAP machine for 5 days NO problem off one of the big 12V cart batteries. I gave it to him, hope he kept it charged..

I would run A/C at night....the honda generator is really quiet, you can be right next to it and it is not loud.

Thu Nov 14, 2013 4:50 pm Profile
Wanee Pro

Some areas I have heard there are restrictions to the hours the generators can be run.

Fri Nov 15, 2013 9:30 am Profile YIM
Wanee Master

2ndtime2wanee wrote:
Some areas I have heard there are restrictions to the hours the generators can be run.

this I don't know.....but some are so quiet peeps might not even realize it is running.

Fri Nov 15, 2013 10:08 am Profile
 [ 6 posts ]