Last visit was: Tue Jul 22, 2014 5:33 pm It is currently Tue Jul 22, 2014 5:33 pm

[ 441 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 ... 45  Next
 Wanee 2014 Line up... 
Wanee Veteran

Post Re: Wanee 2014 Line up...
Despite the sour grapes way that was posted, that actually DOES make me happy. 8-)

Not a hater...just not a big fan, eager to see something different.

I tell you one thing; you tell me another. We walk away, maybe then shake hands...

Wed Nov 20, 2013 5:14 pm Profile
Wanee Master

I didn't take it that way.....but with WSP...it seems there is a love/hate relationship among peeps......some people love them and others just pass them by.
I never have a problem with new shows....but it is nice to see someone new every so often. There is a lot of good music out there.....[and none of it is put out by the Biebers and the Smiley Twerks......](hey don't get mad....I just don't wanna see them.)
Maybe Neil will take their place...and all will be right in the Wanee universe.

Wed Nov 20, 2013 5:46 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

ttrego wrote:
All the Panic hatters will be happy that they will not be there Friday/Saturday this year, they will be in NC that weekend.

Maybe the Panic Hatters could make a few festive pieces....Bootsy could model... Image

There was a time in my life where i professed to hate Reggae and jam music. I do not now know why, but i was rather firm in my uninformed conviction. Now i note Toots and The Maytals as one of my favorite concerts, and SOSMP has made me love the jam bands.

I see the truth in letting all be free to enjoy. I do not have a love for the WSP music, nor dislike. I have chosen to listen to others.

I would like to see Neil Young... never have, nor wanted to before ..now i would like to while we are both alive... just to steer back to topic. :mrgreen:

"" I'm not gonna vote for more rules... we go to festivals to get away from most of the idiotic social customs and rules for a time, and be a bit more free than the regular world lets us... keep the rules simple and few, and let kindness rule rather than a rule book... ""

THIS. ↑↑↑↑

Author - Beach Bob - Monday 20 MAY 2013 - 8:22 am
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=10529&start=10&hilit=chairs

Wed Nov 20, 2013 6:34 pm Profile WWW
Wanee Gnome

Widespread Panic is out!! They are playing Azalea Fest in Wilmington same dates, 2 nights (april 11 and 12 I think). Furthur on hiatus. Hmmm :evil:

Wed Nov 20, 2013 9:50 pm Profile
Wanee Gnome

8-)

Thu Nov 21, 2013 7:39 am Profile
Wanee Pro

Black crowes are what I am hearing

Thu Nov 21, 2013 9:53 am Profile
Wanee Master

ttrego wrote:
All the Panic hatters will be happy that they will not be there Friday/Saturday this year, they will be in NC that weekend.

I'm not a hater, just looking forward to something new. Or something old I haven't heard in a while.

Thu Nov 21, 2013 11:55 am Profile
Wanee Gnome

Someone said very early in this thread they didn't want to see Hot Tuna at Wanee again this year. I believe there are certain bands that become a staple at different festivals and Hot Tuna is a staple at Wanee, it just wouldn't be the same without them. I also think Dumpstafunk should be added to this short list, let's not forget the awesome Sly set they did a few years back and it's always a really fun time with them. And if we could funk it up just a little more lets add some George Clinton to the mix and funk the Mushroom stage to it's core. I also have to give Alvin Youngblood Hart a shout out as well, I'd love to see his Muscle Theory get some love this year. I'm all for new bands too and hope there is a new gem or two in the line-up but some bands just need to be there every year.

Thu Nov 21, 2013 12:38 pm Profile
Wanee Pro

I'd love to see the JJ Grey, Anders Osborne, Luther and the other guy I don't know play. Unfortunately, I think they already have the dates scheduled. If you don't know, they are doing a singer/songwriter type tour together.

Thu Nov 21, 2013 12:52 pm Profile
Wanee Pro

rollingworm wrote:
Someone said very early in this thread they didn't want to see Hot Tuna at Wanee again this year. I believe there are certain bands that become a staple at different festivals and Hot Tuna is a staple at Wanee, it just wouldn't be the same without them.

That was me, I love Hot Tuna. In fact I will be seeing them in January, I just feel that Wanee is getting a little predictable. If they are there I really hope they are not Thursday's headliner again. 3 years in a row would be a little tired, I know I am not the only one who feels that way.

I also love WSP but I am kind of glad to hear they are out. I would really like to see something new and different this year. Come on Wanee, shatter my expectations.

Thu Nov 21, 2013 1:39 pm Profile
 [ 441 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 ... 45  Next