Last visit was: Mon Nov 24, 2014 1:12 am It is currently Mon Nov 24, 2014 1:12 am

[ 441 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19 ... 45  Next
 Wanee 2014 Line up... 
Wanee Gnome

Post Re: Wanee 2014 Line up...
funkengroovin wrote:
staggerlee wrote:
Actually...there's not much doubt in my mind anymore after visiting Umphrey's website and seeing their tour dates for 2014 so far...it only makes sense if you look at it

They have played Wanee before, I would not be surprised. If it is them I would be happy, they would also probably bring some good supporting acts to the table with them.

yep I was there that year, had a great time as usual. the SOTSMP rarely disappoints me especially Wanee. always have big dreams this time of year

Fri Nov 22, 2013 2:19 pm Profile
Wanee Fan

I was there that year as well. Looking forward to this year and can't wait to see an official lineup!

Fri Nov 22, 2013 5:31 pm Profile
Wanee Fan

Not a huge fan.....
but I had fun the year they were there. I just wanna know? Can we get 2 freaking Mule sets please! Come on.

I'd pay $ to listen to Warren fart in the microphone for a few hours :) :)

edit: typing on tablet sucks

Fri Nov 22, 2013 8:07 pm Profile
Wanee Pro

I say this every year around this time but there are only a few select bands that I think fit well as the Wanee secondary headliner/co-headliner. It has to be someone on the jamband or jam rock scene that in and of themselves are a huge draw. Not to be negative to the Brothers, who are one of the greatest bands of all time, but ABB as a sole headlining act isnt going to bring in the 20k plus that Wanee is used to pulling in. Also, they have to be ok with taking a backseat to the Brothers, as its pretty much set in stone that they will headline both nights, and the co-headliner will play daytime/evening sets.

Panic- I do think Panic is a great fit for Wanee, but I realize they are out.

Dead Family- Further/ Phil and Friends also checks all the boxes, but looks like they are out too. Rat Dog, are they a big enough draw, Im not sure but I'd say no.

Cheese- I think SCI is the perfect secondary headliner for Wanee as their string/bluegrassy feel transitioning to electronic elements is suited perfectly for a sunset set time, but now that they have their own SoS festival in Oct I doubt they will play Wanee (too bad for Wanee, amazing for everyone that can make it to SoS every Halloween though!).

Phish- is obviously a big enough draw, probably the biggest draw in the jam scene, but they will not play Wanee because they dont play second fiddle to anyone and could easily do their own fest and draw more people than Wanee. Trey side project could play the fest, but wouldnt be a big enough draw to be the secondary headliner IMO.

Moe/ Umphreys- probably the next 'tier' of jam bands in terms of popularity, but not big enough to be the co-headliners of this fest (certainly could see them on a bill though, and I hope so, especially moe).

So who does that leave? I think you could make the case for My Morning Jacket. I think you could also make the case for Dave Matthews Band (although again not sure if they would play a fest in which they are assigned daytime sets). Now if you ask me what my guess is, I think this is the year Neil Young makes it to SoS. Just a blind guess, and I have not bothered to look to see the feasibility of it or anything, it just seems like something that would make sense. Maybe one day of Neil and one of Ratdog, or two sets of Neil.

Sat Nov 23, 2013 11:19 am Profile
Wanee Gnome

John Fogerty would fit in great at Wanee - even without Panic.

Sat Nov 23, 2013 2:54 pm Profile
Wanee Gnome

Another band I've always thought would be great to see is New Riders of the Purple Stage.

Sat Nov 23, 2013 5:43 pm Profile
Wanee Master

I would love to see SCI at Wanee. Maybe after Hulaween, they realize how cool of a venue we have...

Sun Nov 24, 2013 10:02 am Profile
Wanee Pro

handsNfeetRmangos wrote:
I say this every year around this time but there are only a few select bands that I think fit well as the Wanee secondary headliner/co-headliner. It has to be someone on the jamband or jam rock scene that in and of themselves are a huge draw. Not to be negative to the Brothers, who are one of the greatest bands of all time, but ABB as a sole headlining act isnt going to bring in the 20k plus that Wanee is used to pulling in. Also, they have to be ok with taking a backseat to the Brothers, as its pretty much set in stone that they will headline both nights, and the co-headliner will play daytime/evening sets.

So who does that leave? I think you could make the case for My Morning Jacket. I think you could also make the case for Dave Matthews Band (although again not sure if they would play a fest in which they are assigned daytime sets). Now if you ask me what my guess is, I think this is the year Neil Young makes it to SoS. Just a blind guess, and I have not bothered to look to see the feasibility of it or anything, it just seems like something that would make sense. Maybe one day of Neil and one of Ratdog, or two sets of Neil.

I am not sure about Neil Young, they are touring very extensively right now, they do have a break scheduled in April/May so it is definitely feasible but they are playing international dates in Australia and Germany in March and June.

I really hope it would not be DMB, I like DMB but I would be disappointed with them on the lineup especially for two nights.
I have seen him a bunch of times and his last few shows kind of bored me.

I am kind of hoping they go a little different direction this year and instead of having two headliners they open thing up more like they did in 2011 with a lot more variety and medium sized acts. Heck WSP is open on Thursday night, I think it would be awesome if they did a show like 2011 with them headlining on Thursday and just a ton of variety on Friday/Saturday. One can hope.

Mon Nov 25, 2013 12:00 pm Profile
Wanee Gnome

2 words... THE RADIATORS..
Friday
10:30 am -11:30 am - Mushroom Stage
12:30 pm - 2:00 pm - Peach stage
3:00 pm - Midnight - Acoustic at my campsite
12:30 am - Whenever I leave Monday - Wherever the hell they want

If you could fit a Hot Tuna Electric, Chuck Leavell and The Randall Bramblett Band, The New Mastersounds, and ALO set in the mix... that would be just fine as well.

Peach Love and Funk 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-)

Mon Nov 25, 2013 10:25 pm Profile
Wanee Veteran

SammyD'wich wrote:
2 words... THE RADIATORS..

Erm, if you haven't heard, the Rads retired. They are doing their now evidently annual reunion shows in January at Tips for Mardi Gras, and there ain't no other Rads shows happening.

OTOH, any of the Rads descendant bands, such as the New Orleans Suspects or even Raw Oyster Cult would make fine additions to the Wanee roster.

I dig your other suggestions too 8-)

Wed Nov 27, 2013 10:56 am Profile
 [ 441 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19 ... 45  Next