Last visit was: Fri Oct 31, 2014 6:46 am It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 6:46 am

[ 441 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 41, 42, 43, 44, 45  Next
 Wanee 2014 Line up... 
Wanee Pro

Post Re: Wanee 2014 Line up...
tieyourshoes51 wrote:
The surprise guest for Wanee 2014 will be:

[A] Eric Clapton
[B] Carlos Santana
[C] Stevie Winwood
[D] Neil Young
[E] None of the above

Yes, today is, in fact, the last day of semester exams, multiple-guess style for many!

E is my guess. I would be most excited about D (unless Steve Winwood played a 90 mi set long Valerie that include a Valerie reprise, and a Valerie remix, in which case Id be most excited about C. He would also be required o wear the shirt/jacket combo and poof his hair out like the video).

Fri Jan 17, 2014 11:02 pm Profile
Wanee Pro

String Cheese Incident seems to be popping up on the artist line up of every east coast festival lately. Just today I saw they announced that they were playing at both Lockn and Wakarusa. I still dont think they will play Wanee, since they now have Suwanee Hulaween at SoS locked down for the next couple years. But they would be perfect for Wanee and two nights of the sunset/evening set (since we known the Brothers will almost certainly headline both main nights. )

So thats what I hope, multiple SCI sets to accompany the brothers, Mule, TTB etc. However, if I were a betting man Id say two nights of Ratdog as the co-headliner. I also have a sneaking suspicion that WSP will play a Thursday main stage headlining set ( ala Wanee 2011.)

I think Umphreys is a likely late night set. I would prefer moe., but their overseas tour just a few days before makes me pessimistic (but hey, lets just all cross our fingers that its not another galactic late night set, Im over that).

I hope the undercard is strong as well. Again, 2011 was ridiculous when it came to undercard bands. 2012 had a pretty strong undercard, and 2013 just did not at all hit my personal preference of artists. I hope for an undercard with smaller name jam bands, bluegrass acts, and jamtronica.

Fri Jan 17, 2014 11:33 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

If WSP is a Thursday line-up headliner, perhaps Dave Schools will also perform with Hard Working Americans. When I commented on their FaceBook : Wanna Wanee?HWA did respond: Yes we do.

Following the shadows of the skies or are they only figments of my eyes?
And I'm feeling close to where the race is run
Waiting in our boats to set sail, sea of joy

Sat Jan 18, 2014 12:11 am Profile
Wanee Master

How about Tom Petty? No tour dates listed on his website, but Benmonth certainly likes to visit the park in April.

"Remember: music is a religion. You have to pray every day."
-- Jose' Luis "Cheo" Pardo, Los Amigos Invisibles

Sat Jan 18, 2014 1:30 pm Profile
Wanee Gnome

I think a Thursday night event on the peach stage is not going to happen. I've done VIP for the past eight years and whenever the peach had something on Thursday, they fed us dinner. No Thursday night dinner in this year's VIP.

Sun Jan 19, 2014 6:31 pm Profile
Wanee Pro

wkbrad123 wrote:
I think a Thursday night event on the peach stage is not going to happen. I've done VIP for the past eight years and whenever the peach had something on Thursday, they fed us dinner. No Thursday night dinner in this year's VIP.

Thats very useful information, somewhat disappointing, but interesting nonetheless.

Sun Jan 19, 2014 8:23 pm Profile
Wanee Wizard

Soon friends, soon! :D

Mon Jan 20, 2014 8:27 am Profile
Wanee Mushroom

Just a guess but... zac brown band???

Mon Jan 20, 2014 9:09 am Profile
Wanee Veteran

Waneebe wrote:
If WSP is a Thursday line-up headliner, perhaps Dave Schools will also perform with Hard Working Americans. When I commented on their FaceBook : Wanna Wanee?HWA did respond: Yes we do.

I would like to see Todd do a set by himself. He is the best songwriter out there right now. Unless you're a CCRWRSWAM!! :lol:

Mon Jan 20, 2014 9:35 am Profile
Wanee Gnome

Steel Pulse
Blind Boys
Franti
Robert Randolf

All update in the music player on the site !!

Mon Jan 20, 2014 9:50 am Profile
 [ 441 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 41, 42, 43, 44, 45  Next