Last visit was: Wed Aug 27, 2014 6:51 am It is currently Wed Aug 27, 2014 6:51 am

[ 441 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 45  Next
 Wanee 2014 Line up... 
Wanee Master

Post Re: Wanee 2014 Line up...
As a Spreadhead, I am always pleased to see the six-headed monster on the marquee, but I would go whether they paly at Wanee or not. And there seem to be many who don't "get" Panic, in the same way that many don't "get" Phish.

There are many of us who love to Panic. I've just gotten tired of defending my choice, so I don't.

"Remember: music is a religion. You have to pray every day."
-- Jose' Luis "Cheo" Pardo, Los Amigos Invisibles

Wed Oct 02, 2013 12:16 am Profile
Wanee Mushroom

Thanks for replying!
In all honesty, I haven't gave the new Mule disc a listen yet, so can't comment on Grace on that. But do agree she did fine on Southern Man, and her Gold Dust Woman at Lock'n was nice as well. Otherwise her singing has done little for me so far! So she's not one in personal list choices at Wanee. Sitting in a song or with headliners is fine. A whole set won't get me to the stage! More room for y'all! ;)

WSP is tearing it up right now. The band is on fire. Killed it at Lock'n. (wanee as well), and sunday night in Indy was nothing short of excellent. Two nights of Panic at Wanee would entice my return! 8-)

Wed Oct 02, 2013 7:31 am Profile
Wanee Mushroom

Oh, and I'm going to put a vote in for Blackberry Smoke at Wanee!

Wed Oct 02, 2013 7:33 am Profile
Wanee Fan

Tom_G wrote:
Oh, and I'm going to put a vote in for Blackberry Smoke at Wanee!

me too!and black crowes, RSB and hill country review

Wed Oct 02, 2013 1:11 pm Profile
Wanee Veteran

blackberry smoke good show last yr but thats the first show i remember that the musicians did not play to the end of the allotted time. maybe someones watch was set wrong. :) i was ready for more jamming.

Wed Oct 02, 2013 2:43 pm Profile
Wanee Veteran

Tom_G wrote:
Curious about two things:

1) Why not much love for WSP? They were the 2nd best band at Wanee '13.

2) Why in creation do folks like Grace Potter? Please explain this one detail! lol Her horrible voice makes me cringe. :roll:

Fire away! :twisted:

How a person feels about a band is such a personal thing....with so many elements going into it. Personally, I'm not a WSP fan. I can't pinpoint a reason....they just don't move me. I've given a listen, I've asked fans for their show/album suggestions (here, in fact)...they weren't my thing. No worries. That said, there are a lot of people here who ARE fans....and that's cool too. As far as I'm concerned, I'm not going to change your mind & you're not going to change mine...so why argue about it?

I could go on and on about Grace, but I'm biased (as many people here know). And again, why argue?
On the subject though, I have a friend from home (VT) who has commented several times on the fact that Grace's voice "is obviously untrained"...of course, she grew up 10 miles from Gracie, had a lot of formal training and does NOT have a recording contract. :? (Personally, I liked Grace's voice better BEFORE she had any training ;) )

In the clearing stands a boxer and a fighter by his trade and he carries the reminders of every glove that laid him down and cut him till he cried out in his anger and his shame, "I am leaving, I am leaving"...

...But the fighter still remains.

Wed Oct 02, 2013 2:51 pm Profile
Wanee Master

I likes what I likes. You likes what you likes. So be it. Now start spinnin some Griffin Anthony and get this party started!!

Wed Oct 02, 2013 2:53 pm Profile
Wanee Master

AndieBee wrote:
I likes what I likes. You likes what you likes. So be it. Now start spinnin some Griffin Anthony and get this party started!!

That's what I'm talkin' 'bout!

But he's not likely for 2014. His guitar techie is in Europe, I understand.

"Remember: music is a religion. You have to pray every day."
-- Jose' Luis "Cheo" Pardo, Los Amigos Invisibles

Wed Oct 02, 2013 3:20 pm Profile
Wanee Master

Favorite band/least favorite band.....
Chairs up front/chairs in back.....The opinions persist with no "correct" answer....
some things are best left along.
The good thing is there are two stages...iffen you like WSP, go listen.....iffen you don't, go to the 'Shroom.
Same with Grace.....and Mule....and Fishes.....and Dumpsta....and all.

Wed Oct 02, 2013 3:59 pm Profile
Wanee Mushroom

whole lot of love wrote:
blackberry smoke good show last yr but thats the first show i remember that the musicians did not play to the end of the allotted time. maybe someones watch was set wrong. :) i was ready for more jamming.

They seemed a little rushed...maybe because it looked like a big storm was coming in.

Wed Oct 02, 2013 4:31 pm Profile
 [ 441 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 45  Next