Last visit was: Sat Nov 01, 2014 4:25 am It is currently Sat Nov 01, 2014 4:25 am

[ 192 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 20  Next
 Sunshine Blues Fest 2014 
Wanee Pro

Post Re: Sunshine Blues Fest 2014
Hey all! Barb and I just locked in for Sunshine Blues, staying nearby at Hotel Indigo Sat night. As much as I love chocolate and fireworks, Southern Hospitality looks like a great bet for Sat (keeping to the blues theme n'all).
Dave

Mon Dec 30, 2013 10:32 am Profile
Wanee Master

I've heard from my wife that I'm committed somewhere Saturday afternoon til sometimes later... :lol:
Well as long as I don't have to drive... ;)

Mon Dec 30, 2013 6:44 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

Jensen B Gator wrote:
... I'm committed somewhere Saturday afternoon...

'Bout time. ;)

Fri Jan 03, 2014 10:18 am Profile
Wanee Lover

The Lightman wrote:
It will be a wonderful day in an awesome park, with incredible sounds.

Image THANKS LIGHTMAN!! Image

I am getting to go to this thanks to a ticket from The Lightman.
No plans for saturday,(yet), going through the thread I see there are a few options. I do have plans for sunday, seeing my eldest ancestor. I do not have a place to park the bus for camping. I do not want to bother an elderly Aunt stumbling in late sunday night. She lives in a private, guarded community, so parking there for the night is a no-go.
I am self contained, and driveway or side of the road is fine. No power or water needed, just a safe place to park.
Any hints as to where to park to stay sunday night?

( Hotel is not in the budget, as I am still saving for Aura... Bear Creek and AndieBee's B-day fest hit the fun budget pretty hard)

Thanks again LIGHTMAN!!! Image

"" I'm not gonna vote for more rules... we go to festivals to get away from most of the idiotic social customs and rules for a time, and be a bit more free than the regular world lets us... keep the rules simple and few, and let kindness rule rather than a rule book... ""

THIS. ↑↑↑↑

Author - Beach Bob - Monday 20 MAY 2013 - 8:22 am
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=10529&start=10&hilit=chairs

Fri Jan 03, 2014 11:22 am Profile WWW
Wanee Master

There are lots of folks that park in Wal-mart shopping centers parking lots....you might want to check there if they allow it there. They do here (even tho there is a supposed company policy against doing so). I see several large vehicles in this parking lot almost every night. Although I hate Wallyworld....it is on my path home.
Just park out of the way...under the lights and in view of a camera, if possible.

Fri Jan 03, 2014 12:51 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

Rivernole wrote:
There are lots of folks that park in Wal-mart shopping centers parking lots....you might want to check there if they allow it there. They do here (even tho there is a supposed company policy against doing so). I see several large vehicles in this parking lot almost every night. Although I hate Wallyworld....it is on my path home.
Just park out of the way...under the lights and in view of a camera, if possible.

I am a satisfied WalMart customer, and their policy actually IS to allow parking in their lots, unless local ordinance prohibits. I have used their lots many times in my travels, and thank them for that community spirit. I was just fishing for a more personal/fun parking spot. :)
http://corporate.walmart.com/frequently-asked-questions
Quote:
Can I park my RV at a Walmart store?
While we do not offer electrical service or accommodations typically necessary for RV customers, Walmart values RV travelers and considers them among our best customers. Consequently, we do permit RV parking on our store parking lots as we are able. Permission to park is extended by individual store managers, based on availability of parking space and local laws. Please contact management in each store to ensure accommodations before parking your RV.

"" I'm not gonna vote for more rules... we go to festivals to get away from most of the idiotic social customs and rules for a time, and be a bit more free than the regular world lets us... keep the rules simple and few, and let kindness rule rather than a rule book... ""

THIS. ↑↑↑↑

Fri Jan 03, 2014 1:03 pm Profile WWW
Wanee Veteran

Volkemon wrote:
Rivernole wrote:

I am a satisfied WalMart customer, and their policy actually IS to allow parking in their lots, unless local ordinance prohibits. I have used their lots many times in my travels, and thank them for that community spirit. I was just fishing for a more personal/fun parking spot. :)
http://corporate.walmart.com/frequently-asked-questions
Quote:
Can I park my RV at a Walmart store?
While we do not offer electrical service or accommodations typically necessary for RV customers, Walmart values RV travelers and considers them among our best customers. Consequently, we do permit RV parking on our store parking lots as we are able. Permission to park is extended by individual store managers, based on availability of parking space and local laws. Please contact management in each store to ensure accommodations before parking your RV.

A great place to camp in the St. Pete area is Fort Desoto park. It is right on the water, so if you have a boat, canoe, or kayak it is lots of fun. It is about a 15 minute drive from the concert site. It will cost you around $45 a night for an RV & you will have to check on availability.

http://www.pinellascounty.org/park/camping.htm

Fri Jan 03, 2014 1:54 pm Profile
Wanee Master

waneeforme wrote:
Hey all! Barb and I just locked in for Sunshine Blues, staying nearby at Hotel Indigo Sat night. As much as I love chocolate and fireworks, Southern Hospitality looks like a great bet for Sat (keeping to the blues theme n'all).
Dave

I miss you two by the way. All these family getogethers and not getting to see your smiles.

Fri Jan 03, 2014 1:54 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

PGator wrote:
A great place to camp in the St. Pete area is Fort Desoto park. It is right on the water, so if you have a boat, canoe, or kayak it is lots of fun. It is about a 15 minute drive from the concert site. It will cost you around $45 a night for an RV & you will have to check on availability.

I do appreciate the help, but the budget (or lack thereof) for this trip is dictating that WalMart parking lot, or other friendly (FREE!!) area, may be the destination. I am hoping that $45 will cover the beer budget. Image

Were it not for the generous offer of a ticket from The Lightman, I would not be going at all.

I am justifying the trip to my 'inner accountant' by incorporating a trip to an elderly family member on Monday to go through old family picture albums and ID people. This is a task that can only be done by her, and time is passing....

THIS. ↑↑↑↑

Fri Jan 03, 2014 2:20 pm Profile WWW
Wanee Master

Volkemon wrote:
This is a task that can only be done by her, and time is passing....

And that, my friend, is time well spent.....they, and we, will only be here so long. Do it while you still can. I've got an Aunt that is 101 and still sharp as a needle....always enjoy visiting and listening to her :)

Fri Jan 03, 2014 2:51 pm Profile
 [ 192 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 20  Next