Last visit was: Wed Apr 16, 2014 12:48 am It is currently Wed Apr 16, 2014 12:48 am

[ 10 posts ] 
 A time to sit and think and be thankful 
Wanee Lover

Post A time to sit and think and be thankful
It's hard to sum up into words the two weeks that I have had surrounding my birthday. All the fine folks I met, all the wonderful favors done, all the kindness.

Sadly, my two weeks ended with the news that a close family friend had lost his life in a car accident on Monday afternoon. He left behind a wife and young son, and a multitude of grieving friends and family.

As I attended the visitation today, I was struck by the enormity of just how quickly things can change in your life. Little more than the blink of an eye can alter your heart, soul and mind.

I'm not sure the point I'm trying to make or if I even have a point to make. I just ask that you pay a kindness when you get the chance. Smile and hug the ones you love. Let bygones be bygones. Give of yourself, your heart and your soul. Never forget dignity and grace....it will see you through.

When the time comes for me to fly on up, I only hope that my family and friends can be comforted in the same manner that I witnessed today.

Rest in Peaceful Slumber Michael David Peed - you are so dearly missed.

Thu Oct 03, 2013 6:18 pm Profile
Wanee Pro

Post Re: A time to sit and think and be thankful
I lost my mother in May and my father Monday!! It makes you look at things differently. I feel vulnerable I guess.

Thu Oct 03, 2013 6:50 pm Profile
Wanee Master

Well said Lynn, a truly beautiful sentiment.
Prayers for your friends

Thu Oct 03, 2013 6:59 pm Profile
Wanee Veteran

We love you and Jerry, Lynn.
My daughters friend died last week on a golf cart ride.
My life long best buddy died ten days ago.

Live like you mean it.

Thu Oct 03, 2013 7:43 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

Much love to you and Jerry! Thoughts and prayers sent to all that have been impacted by this tragic loss! maestro63 - So sorry for your loss! Thoughts and prayers to you and your family! Ron - Thoughts and prayers sent to you and your family as well! Hugs to all!

Life is way too short! Treat others how you want to be treated!

Thu Oct 03, 2013 9:59 pm Profile
Wanee Master

Deep thoughts. Prayers and comfort sent to you Lynn, Jerry, Bonnie and all family and friends. Maestro, I am sorry to hear about the loss of your parents. I hope special memories and your own family and friends will help you get through this very difficult time. Lastly, many of you might not know, but GratefulThem (the Mrs part) lost her dad this past week. Please send a prayer up or a kind thought in their direction.

Fri Oct 04, 2013 8:14 am Profile
Wanee Veteran

Love and Prayers for my Sisters and Brothers. Our gatherings are important to celebrate life and love, present and past. My heart swells for all. oxoxoxoxoxo

Fri Oct 04, 2013 8:51 am Profile
Wanee Veteran

My condolences to all. Many thanks and praises to the Creator for another day! Each second is precious, and I feel bad that I waste so many, but I try to catch up when I'm at SOSMP with my family!

Fare you well my honey
Fare you well my only true one
All the birds that were singing
Have flown except you alone

Goin to leave this Broke-down Palace
On my hands and my knees I will roll roll roll
Make myself a bed by the waterside
In my time - in my time - I will roll roll roll

In a bed, in a bed
by the waterside I will lay my head
Listen to the river sing sweet songs
to rock my soul

River gonna take me
Sing me sweet and sleepy
Sing me sweet and sleepy
all the way back back home
It's a far gone lullaby
sung many years ago
Mama, Mama, many worlds I've come
since I first left home

Goin home, goin home
by the waterside I will rest my bones
to rock my soul

Goin to plant a weeping willow
On the banks green edge it will grow grow grow
Sing a lullaby beside the water
Lovers come and go - the river roll roll roll

Fare you well, fare you well
I love you more than words can tell
to rock my soul

Fri Oct 04, 2013 9:14 am Profile
Wanee Veteran

"I've got a little story about "Broke-down Palace" that you might appreciate.

When I was a student at the University of Virginia, I had the fortune of hearing Ken Kesey give a talk and reading (this was about 5 years ago). Though his discussion was somewhat confused and disjointed, he had many moments of genius. One which I remember in particular was when was discussing the death of his son. His son had died when the high school wrestling team's van drove off a cliff during snow storm. Kesey went to great lengths to discuss his struggle with grief following this tragedy. He commented that not long after his son's death, he was invited to see the Dead play a gig somewhere on the West Coast. Kesey said that sometime during the second set, the whole band turned to him (he was sitting in a balcony seat, or was close to the stage...) and began playing "Broke-down Palace." Kesey recounted with tears in his eyes that it wasn't until that moment that he really understood what art was. He said that "All my life I thought art was this [he stuck a fist in the air]. But at that moment I realized that art was really this [he made a hugging motion]."

It really was a moving story. Kesey went on to shock the English faculty by placing a purple velvet top-hat on his head and reading, not a portion of one of his works, but rather a children's story about a lovable, mischievious bear - which he acted out by romping around the stage.

May he rest in peace.

Tom McKnight
Oxford, Mississippi"

Fri Oct 04, 2013 9:19 am Profile
Wanee Lover

Thank you all for you kind thoughts and words.

Maestro I hope that you find comfort soon, a loss is a sad time in everyone's life.

Fran, I am so so sorry to hear the news. I can remember a story you posted on here a while back, I will have to look for it, but it does make me chuckle a bit thinking about your description of your dad.

Lightman/Ron, my thoughts and prayers are with you.

Reverend Hugh, thank you for the inspirational story and verse.

Capt. Brian, I love you and Brandi so much and I will take that drink now.

Jeff Gator, I love you and Teresa, thanks for all the kindness.

Aunt Bee and Atlanta Hippie - sisters thank you, hugs right back

I have read on Michael's site all the wonderful things his friends and family remembered about him. They also recounted all the mischievous and spontaneous antics performed by him and his old high school mates - which my son-in-law Nick was one of. His mom recounted a story that brought laughter to the room, tho it quickly turned to tears...happy tears I would say. The sad part is, they now have to turn the page to the next chapter of their life without the physical presence of Michael, altho he will be there in spirit..each time they remember a story, or an antic, or the smile on his face the first time he held his son....these are the things that will stay with them and comfort them in the future.

Thanks all for listening. Lynn and Jerry, Bonnie and Nick

Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:08 am Profile
 [ 10 posts ]