Last visit was: Sat Aug 23, 2014 3:48 pm It is currently Sat Aug 23, 2014 3:48 pm

[ 3 posts ] 
 In the Groove WMNF 88.5 with Thor & Wayne 
Wanee Master

Post In the Groove WMNF 88.5 with Thor & Wayne
For those in earshot of the Tampa Bay area (and in cyber-earshot everywhere):

WMNF 88.5 in Tampa is a community radio station with wonderfully eclectic programming. Like Alice's Restaurant, you can get just about "anything you want."

wmnf.org

Tuesday night is Tie-Dyed Tuesday, also known as the Trip Strip. Grateful Ed does his Freak Show from 7 to 9 (featuring large chunks of live Dead and other artists who defined the 60s and 70s), followed by Dennis Stone and the Dream Clinic from 9 to 11(incredible specials about artists all over the spectrum from Blue Cheer to Zappa and Roy Buchanan to Starcastle).

In the Groove, hosted by Thor and Wayne, is the jamband show from 11 to 1. It is probable that you have bumped into them at SoSMP or dozens of other shows. And last night was the fall pledge drive. I was answering phones. And it was WAAAAAY too slow. You could blame the baseball game, but we simply did not have enough callers or come close enough to the show's goal.

But it's not too late. If you count on tuning in Tuesday nights, as I do, please consider making a pledge. It could be as little as $10. It could be as big as $1000. (Well, it COULD!) When station management looks at possible programming changes, they consider number of callers and amount raised toward the goal.

You can go to wmnf.org and hit the tip jar, but be sure to specify In the Groove. Better yet, call them next Tuesday from 11 to 1 with a pledge of support. It would mean so much to these guys and to all of us who depend on WMNF to hear great music, including Tampa area and Florida artists.

The number is 813-239-9663.

I promise I'll BUMP this next Tuesday! Threaten. Promise. Either way.

"Remember: music is a religion. You have to pray every day."
-- Jose' Luis "Cheo" Pardo, Los Amigos Invisibles

Wed Oct 09, 2013 11:27 pm Profile
Wanee Master

Post Re: In the Groove WMNF 88.5 with Thor & Wayne
BUMP number 1

I will hit it again tomorrow.

Please consider it, all of you Tampa area folks.

Mon Oct 14, 2013 11:37 pm Profile
Wanee Master

Post Re: In the Groove WMNF 88.5 with Thor & Wayne
As promised. If you listen to this show at all or attend Groovefest or just appreciate jams on WMNF, including lots of local and live stuff, given Thor a call. Number of callers is as important as the dollar count. Thanks.

Tue Oct 15, 2013 10:29 pm Profile
 [ 3 posts ]