Last visit was: Wed Nov 26, 2014 4:23 pm It is currently Wed Nov 26, 2014 4:23 pm

[ 155 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 16  Next
 BEAR CREEK COUNTDOWN 
Wanee Lover

Post Re: BEAR CREEK COUNTDOWN

"" I'm not gonna vote for more rules... we go to festivals to get away from most of the idiotic social customs and rules for a time, and be a bit more free than the regular world lets us... keep the rules simple and few, and let kindness rule rather than a rule book... ""

THIS. ↑↑↑↑

Author - Beach Bob - Monday 20 MAY 2013 - 8:22 am
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=10529&start=10&hilit=chairs

Sun Oct 27, 2013 5:01 am Profile WWW
Wanee Lover

Dopapod - Saturday ONLY!!

Here they are a couple weeks ago,

https://archive.org/details/dpod2013-10-11.CM33sflac16

My early Sunday morning tunz.

"" I'm not gonna vote for more rules... we go to festivals to get away from most of the idiotic social customs and rules for a time, and be a bit more free than the regular world lets us... keep the rules simple and few, and let kindness rule rather than a rule book... ""

THIS. ↑↑↑↑

Sun Oct 27, 2013 6:59 am Profile WWW
Wanee Master

8-)

Sun Oct 27, 2013 7:14 am Profile
Wanee Lover

well, that last Dopapod was kinda low on the funk-o-meter.
There was a comment at the bottom that said a band member was out that night, and more jamming was evident. I may give them a go again later.

next up...

The Nth Power Also Saturday only!!

https://archive.org/details/nthpower201 ... mk41_24bit

on track one, and a funkay reggae feel is going on. :mrgreen:

THIS. ↑↑↑↑

Sun Oct 27, 2013 8:58 am Profile WWW
Wanee Lover

well.... the Nth power was lightly funky. Not what i need for a 'jammin tunz with the doors and windows open' Sunday ...

Bernie Worrell Orchestra NOON Saturday.

About 2 months old.. https://archive.org/details/bwo2013-08-20.aud.flac16 and it starts SLOW. First 5 min or track 1 is fill...
then it gets FUNKAY!!

I am on the next to last track now as i write, and its PURE FUNK. The last two tunz are 20+ min each!! :mrgreen:

Looks like my Bear Creek Saturday is Bernie>Cope>Galactic then a break before BOOTSY. Another break, then Karl Denson again.. or rest from seeing them the night before ... GOTTA see the Bear Creek All Stars.. :lol: Glad i am planning this early!!

THIS. ↑↑↑↑

Sun Oct 27, 2013 1:47 pm Profile WWW
Wanee Lover

OK... last May, but much better concert.Fades into an opening Jam...

Bernie Worrell Orchestra

https://archive.org/details/bwo2013-05- ... ennmke4102

And I had no Idea who this man was.
Quote:
George Bernard "Bernie" Worrell, Jr. (born April 19, 1944) is an American keyboardist and composer best known as a founding member of Parliament-Funkadelic and for his work with Talking Heads. He is a member of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, inducted in 1997 with fifteen other members of Parliament-Funkadelic.....He debuted the keyboard synthesizer bass in popular music on the Parliament song "Flash Light"....Since 2011, Worrell has been performing with his group, the Bernie Worrell Orchestra. Known for special guest appearances, Bootsy Collins, Tina Weymouth, Chris Frantz, Jimmy Destri, Mike Watt, Rah Digga and Gary Lucas are some of the artists who have sat in with the group during live performances....
- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bernie_Worrell

NOON SATURDAY ONLY

Listen to the Encore - Take Me to the River.
https://ia801804.us.archive.org/24/item ... s01t10.mp3

THIS. ↑↑↑↑

Sun Oct 27, 2013 2:32 pm Profile WWW
Wanee Lover

THIS. ↑↑↑↑

Mon Oct 28, 2013 3:28 am Profile WWW
Wanee Master

Volkemon wrote:
Dopapod - Saturday ONLY!!

Here they are a couple weeks ago,

https://archive.org/details/dpod2013-10-11.CM33sflac16

My early Sunday morning tunz.

They were incredible at Maddox Ranch in Lakeland last fall and at AURA last February. I confess my favorite song of theirs is #12 on the recording above:
"Trapper Keeper"

"Remember: music is a religion. You have to pray every day."
-- Jose' Luis "Cheo" Pardo, Los Amigos Invisibles

Mon Oct 28, 2013 12:54 pm Profile
Wanee Master

Bernie Worrell had a band for a time with Jen Durkin, formerly of Deep Banana Blackout, on vocals. More recently, he has been touring with Steve Kimock, Andy Hess and Wally Ingraham.

I was fortunate to see Bernie with the Parliafunkadelicment Thang four times from 76 to 80.

This newer recording of Kimock and Friends has Bernie with John Kimock on drums and Ron Johnson (KDTU) on bass.

https://archive.org/details/SteveKimock ... .V2.flac16

"Remember: music is a religion. You have to pray every day."
-- Jose' Luis "Cheo" Pardo, Los Amigos Invisibles

Mon Oct 28, 2013 12:59 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

tieyourshoes51 wrote:
Bernie Worrell had a band for a time with Jen Durkin, formerly of Deep Banana Blackout, on vocals. More recently, he has been touring with Steve Kimock, Andy Hess and Wally Ingraham.

I was fortunate to see Bernie with the Parliafunkadelicment Thang four times from 76 to 80.

This newer recording of Kimock and Friends has Bernie with John Kimock on drums and Ron Johnson (KDTU) on bass.

https://archive.org/details/SteveKimock ... .V2.flac16

On Now. Thanks!!

THIS. ↑↑↑↑

Mon Oct 28, 2013 6:21 pm Profile WWW
 [ 155 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 16  Next