Last visit was: Tue Sep 16, 2014 7:31 pm It is currently Tue Sep 16, 2014 7:31 pm

[ 4 posts ] 
 Mofro and Blackberry Smoke Tickets 
Wanee Pro

Post Mofro and Blackberry Smoke Tickets
I bought tickets in bulk for these two shows: Mofro at Jannus Live tomorrow (Fri.) night and Blackberry Smoke at the Born to Ride Fest. in Pinellas Park Sat. Nov. 2, 2013, and I have two extra tickets for each show. For sale at early bird price $20 each.

Thu Oct 31, 2013 9:02 am Profile
Wanee Pro

Post Re: Mofro and Blackberry Smoke Tickets
JJ Grey & Mofro 11/1/13 Jannus Live, St Petersburg, FL
My wife was not feeling well due to a new treatment she started this week, so I ended up going solo. I got there early and quickly sold the extra tickets. Thomas Wynn and the Believers opened the show and put on a solid 45 minute set. Jannus is one of my favorite venues, and the weather was just right for an outdoor show. While not sold out, the place was pretty packed, but beers were easy to get and bathrooms had easy access. My only complaint was the floor drains in the courtyard kept belching what smelled like draino mixed with sewer gas, and the retina burning lighting behind the stage during the Believers set.
Mofro hit the stage at 9:15 opening with Hide & Seek and wasted no time getting the crowd involved. This band gets better every time I see them. The brass section was amazing, Andrew Trube was on fire destroying a steel lap guitar and toppling parts of the drum set during a scorching version of Brighter Days followed by an equally enraged Georgia Warhorse. JJ closed it out with at 11:30 with encores This River and Orange Blossoms.
Set list:
1. Hide & Seek
2. Ybor City
3. A Woman
4. Somebody Else
5. Nare Sugar
6. Brighter Days
7. Georgia Warhorse
8. The Sweetest Thing
9. Your Lady, She's Shady
10. Lochloosa
11. Tame A Wild One
12. Slow, Hot & Sweaty
13. Ho Cake
14. 99 Shades of Crazy
15. Everything Good is Bad
16. This River
17. Orange Blossoms

Sat Nov 02, 2013 1:41 pm Profile
Wanee Master

Love to see him mixing it up with the set list. Gotta love the Orange Blossom encore. Hope you had a stellar time!

Sat Nov 02, 2013 3:58 pm Profile
Wanee Fan

My Granny makes the best cracklin' ho cakes.
Taste so good, I can't wait to dip my plate.
She's cookin' ham hocks in some white acre peas.
She's cookin' turnip greens and macaroni and cheese...

Thu Nov 07, 2013 2:20 pm Profile
 [ 4 posts ]