Last visit was: Fri Sep 19, 2014 9:51 am It is currently Fri Sep 19, 2014 9:51 am

[ 71 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next
 Lockn' 2014 
Wanee Fan

Post Re: Lockn' 2014
I went ahead and bought my Lumni tickets today.
I was kinda reluctant to buy before there was a lineup, but hey, I had a damn good time, & met some fantastic people, and I'm gonna do it again! (Maybe RV it this time)

Gettin' High
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xJgtVFKQUb4

Sat Nov 09, 2013 12:26 am Profile WWW
Wanee Lover

I was there and had a great time but I don't think I'll be back. A few reasons: ice was 10 a bag. That's insane. A lot of stuff like beer was way overpriced IMO. They searched really hard, which wasn't a big deal in and of itself but no firewood and no shade kinda made it blah on the camping front. Also searched hard a few times Maybe I am spoiled but I am used to Suwanee where I can bring whatever I want, leave the venue for supplies, and not be gouged while there. It was 9 hr drive vs 3 to Suwanee. It probably cost me twice as much if not more to go to this over a fest at Suwanee. I went to the music site early each day which pretty much forced me to eat more in the venue than I usually do. I went to mag in oct and only ate 2 snacks from vendors in 4 days. I'm not cheap but I'm also not rich. Music in va was top notch and I actually saw every band which I've never done but I'll probably stick closer to the shady trees and river. No bath for almost 5 days stunk too, literally. Just my 2 cents. I went to va with a buddy, my wife usually goes to Suwanee with me. It would have been well over 1000 for us to go to va. Wellll over 1000.

Sun Nov 10, 2013 6:04 pm Profile
Wanee Wizard

I hear everything you're saying scotydog. $10 for ice and we bought a couple. One thing we did a little different was we did not see every show as we stayed back to get food into us before the long haul at the stages. Another down side is the distance between camping and the music. But for us, this is how we vacation, we splurge a little, well maybe a lot. Maybe you'll change your mind by next September, but if not, at least we got to hear some excellent music. See you at Wanee! :)

Sun Nov 10, 2013 6:57 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

We got our Lumni tix. And we got our RV pass as well. Last year was $100 for rv + $150 for power. This year it's $200 for rv with power included.

We didn't buy any ice but $10 is steep. We use our best cooler to be our ice cooler. We put a chunk of dry ice in the bottom and then fill it with bags. Never opened it except to get out a bag of ice as needed. The $8 beers just made me more determined than ever to sneak beers in. The wait for us wasn't all that bad. We got in and set up in time to make it down for Keller so we didn't miss anything. The hike down off the ridge from GA RV to the venue was easy enough and close enough that if you were really determined you could charge back to camp and not miss too much. We stayed inn camp later than usual to rest, chow and bake. 3:00 was about when we headed down.

They have to do a better job on getting people in. The water truck for rvs has to be MUCH better.

Despite everything the music once you were in was killer. Every set got better as did every day. It was the best sounding outdoor stage setup I have ever heard.

And for us it's 3 hr to VA and 8+ to Wanee. But not to worry we will be coming to Wanee as well.

Mon Nov 11, 2013 6:50 pm Profile
Wanee Veteran

I kinda snapped at the ice guy in campsite B, 2 miles one way to the stage, I cussed out a few cabbies who almost ran over some people, causing bad dust and charging various amounts for rides. I really think it was the $8 for 12oz that started my bitchfest.

I was forced to try and sneak food and beer in...it was a lottery with how hard they searched you. We got busted a few times.

I agree with mccjeff, the sound quality was superb, great line up and excellent lights.

The only thing that would bring me back to that mess is a Dead reunion.

Fri Nov 15, 2013 11:06 am Profile
Wanee Fan

I've been to a lot of concerts and festivals over the last 40 years, and frankly, I was very satisfied with my Lockn experience.
I got there at 5am, went thru security at 9:30, and was set up by 10:30. I was lucky though, and feel bad about those that had a long wait...
I used 30lbs of dry ice and 1 large bag of ice I brought from home (Tn.) and never needed to buy any at the venue. During the day I used my sleeping bag and pillow to cover and insulate the coolers and my s#%t stayed cold the whole time.
Every time I went into the venue I carried a couple of flasks of Capt Morgan and 2 or more beers with no problems at all. When that was gone I knew not to expect a deal on the venues beer because no matter where you go, your gonna pay a premium for beer. Knowing this before hand, I brought plenty of funds and even carried 3 or 4 beers at a time back to friends just for the hell of it!

Just like in the old day's, I walked everywhere I went, and I did a lot of walking. I wouldn't ride the shuttles because of the dust, plus there was just way too many great people to meet and talk with while your walking.
I went there with a positive attitude, and came away with a positive experience.
I have not been to Wanee yet, but I am going this April. After being invited by my son, and doing some research on my own, SOSMP appears to be the best damn place for a festival that I have ever seen. The River, Fires, Shade, it has it all. I can't wait!
Actually the whole reason I went to Lockn is because I couldn't wait until April!

Gettin' High

Fri Nov 15, 2013 11:22 pm Profile WWW
Wanee Veteran

WildBillBrodey wrote:
I've been to a lot of concerts and festivals over the last 40 years, and frankly, I was very satisfied with my Lockn experience.
I got there at 5am, went thru security at 9:30, and was set up by 10:30. I was lucky though, and feel bad about those that had a long wait...
I used 30lbs of dry ice and 1 large bag of ice I brought from home (Tn.) and never needed to buy any at the venue. During the day I used my sleeping bag and pillow to cover and insulate the coolers and my s#%t stayed cold the whole time.
Every time I went into the venue I carried a couple of flasks of Capt Morgan and 2 or more beers with no problems at all. When that was gone I knew not to expect a deal on the venues beer because no matter where you go, your gonna pay a premium for beer. Knowing this before hand, I brought plenty of funds and even carried 3 or 4 beers at a time back to friends just for the hell of it!

Just like in the old day's, I walked everywhere I went, and I did a lot of walking. I wouldn't ride the shuttles because of the dust, plus there was just way too many great people to meet and talk with while your walking.
I went there with a positive attitude, and came away with a positive experience.
I have not been to Wanee yet, but I am going this April. After being invited by my son, and doing some research on my own, SOSMP appears to be the best damn place for a festival that I have ever seen. The River, Fires, Shade, it has it all. I can't wait!
Actually the whole reason I went to Lockn is because I couldn't wait until April!

Sounds like your a pro!

Wanee is soooo fun , your in for a great time man :)

Mon Nov 18, 2013 11:58 am Profile
Wanee Lover

WildBillBrodey wrote:

Well said WBB.

They have the new map on the site now. There have been some changes.

http://www.locknfestival.com/images/other/Lockn-Festival-Map-2014-111313.png

They have opened up more woods camping. Looks like GA RV is spilling down into where Tent Only Parking was. Tent Only is now split into Tent Only where Car Camping #1 was and Preffered Tent Only where Tent Only was. Car Camping #1 is WAY in the back where Car Camping #2 was and there is a new Car Camping #2 that looks to be just as far. It looks like they have increased capacity quite a bit.

Mon Nov 18, 2013 2:08 pm Profile
Wanee Fan

Thanx for the map update MccJeff!Image
From the looks of it, preferred tent only is really close now. Nice.
A friend I met at Lockn (KenBud) have been kicking around the idea of splitting the cost for a rental RV in '14, but we're gonna discuss it more in depth over some apple pie at Wanee.

...and of course AllGood is in the works as well. Image

Gettin' High

Mon Nov 18, 2013 11:42 pm Profile WWW
Wanee Lover

All Good may be moving back to WV. Not to Marvins tho. They have asked for a permit for Charles Town, WV.

http://www.jambase.com/articles/119969/all-good-organizers-request-permit-for-west-virginia-location

Tue Nov 19, 2013 10:25 pm Profile
 [ 71 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next