Last visit was: Sat Aug 23, 2014 3:04 pm It is currently Sat Aug 23, 2014 3:04 pm

[ 71 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8  Next
 Lockn' 2014 
Wanee Lover

Post Re: Lockn' 2014
WildBillBrodey wrote:
I went there with a positive attitude, and came away with a positive experience.
I have not been to Wanee yet, but I am going this April. After being invited by my son, and doing some research on my own, SOSMP appears to be the best damn place for a festival that I have ever seen. The River, Fires, Shade, it has it all. I can't wait!
Actually the whole reason I went to Lockn is because I couldn't wait until April!

Just home from Bear Creek, and still have my wristband on. My first Wanee was 2013, and i will strive to never miss another.

SOSMP is my backyard in my backyard. My second fire there was near the first. I think the third may be close also. There is a peace there deeper than I have felt before. And i like that. :)

"" I'm not gonna vote for more rules... we go to festivals to get away from most of the idiotic social customs and rules for a time, and be a bit more free than the regular world lets us... keep the rules simple and few, and let kindness rule rather than a rule book... ""

THIS. ↑↑↑↑

Author - Beach Bob - Monday 20 MAY 2013 - 8:22 am
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=10529&start=10&hilit=chairs

Tue Nov 19, 2013 10:33 pm Profile WWW
Wanee Veteran

mccjeff wrote:
All Good may be moving back to WV. Not to Marvins tho. They have asked for a permit for Charles Town, WV.

http://www.jambase.com/articles/119969/all-good-organizers-request-permit-for-west-virginia-location

Man I hope so...Ohio police can eat a big ole ****

Wed Nov 20, 2013 11:54 am Profile
Wanee Lover

I'll be back at Lockn'....I pretty much have to....so close!

Tue Dec 10, 2013 4:40 pm Profile
Wanee Pro

Jbone wrote:
mccjeff wrote:
All Good may be moving back to WV. Not to Marvins tho. They have asked for a permit for Charles Town, WV.

http://www.jambase.com/articles/119969/all-good-organizers-request-permit-for-west-virginia-location

Man I hope so...Ohio police can eat a big ole ****

not seeing a road split up the festival would be nice again.

Can't wait to talk things over with ya brother bill! I've been checking out prices on RV and such. I'm getting thirsty just thinking about it. Been milling over the idea of vip but then I'd miss camping with a lot of great folks.

For it's first year I thought everything went as smooth as it could. My main task also was how many beers to get through. Way over priced for what ya got. The food was also high, I took snacks in to help off set that.

Wed Dec 11, 2013 4:27 am Profile
Wanee Fan

kenbud wrote:

Can't wait to talk things over with ya brother bill! I've been checking out prices on RV and such. I'm getting thirsty just thinking about it. Been milling over the idea of vip but then I'd miss camping with a lot of great folks.

Same here KenBud! We hit it off from the start. Even in the holding field before we got in was fun! I count you as a damn good friend my brother! Image
Yeah I was looking at RV rentals too...kinda steep but hey! We'll see what happens. Preffered Tent looks to be even closer to the venue in Sept.
kenbud wrote:

For it's first year I thought everything went as smooth as it could. My main task also was how many beers to get through. Way over priced for what ya got. The food was also high, I took snacks in to help off set that.

I brought plenty of food and beer, but I ended up buying from the vendors. I ended up with so much food left over that I had to give a lot of my stuff away. By the way, how was the Filet Mignon ?

Gettin' High
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xJgtVFKQUb4

Wed Dec 11, 2013 8:30 am Profile WWW
Wanee Pro

pretty good, ended up cooking most of everything and handing it out at one point.
It's nice to have a wally world near by if need be. Won't be going hungry for sure!

Thu Dec 19, 2013 2:21 am Profile
Wanee Wizard

I know there are a lot of shows and festivals between now and Lockn' but they're already throwing out a line up!

1. Phil & Friends
2. Widespread Panic x2
3. Allman Brothers

Tue Jan 14, 2014 12:26 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

EnjoyingTheRide wrote:
I know there are a lot of shows and festivals between now and Lockn' but they're already throwing out a line up!

1. Phil & Friends
2. Widespread Panic x2
3. Allman Brothers

Ironical ain't it. ABB gets announced for a festival 8 months away but still no announcement on Wanee in only 3 months.

I'm told Chris Robinson Brotherhood and Neil w/Crazy Horse are imminent additions as well.

Tue Jan 14, 2014 1:47 pm Profile
Wanee Wizard

mccjeff wrote:
EnjoyingTheRide wrote:

1. Phil & Friends
2. Widespread Panic x2
3. Allman Brothers

Ironical ain't it. ABB gets announced for a festival 8 months away but still no announcement on Wanee in only 3 months.

I'm told Chris Robinson Brotherhood and Neil w/Crazy Horse are imminent additions as well.

:D :D :D

Tue Jan 14, 2014 2:00 pm Profile
Wanee Master

EnjoyingTheRide wrote:
mccjeff wrote:
EnjoyingTheRide wrote:

1. Phil & Friends
2. Widespread Panic x2
3. Allman Brothers

:D :D :D

Only seen Chris Robinson and the brotherhood once, at Magfest 2012, and let me tell ya, they KILLED it!!

I missed thisd past years Lockin because i decided to do the entire fall festival run at the SOSMP.. i.e. Magnoliafest, Hulaween, Bear Creek.... and it was stupid crazy fun to do all three.... but depending on Mags lineup, but i may drop it and do lockin this year this year instead..... yet to be determined

ImageImageImage

Tue Jan 14, 2014 3:04 pm Profile
 [ 71 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8  Next