Last visit was: Tue Jul 29, 2014 2:51 pm It is currently Tue Jul 29, 2014 2:51 pm

[ 71 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Lockn' 2014 
Wanee Lover

Post Re: Lockn' 2014
EnjoyingTheRide wrote:
Waneebe wrote:
With every ounce of my being (that a lot of oz’s) I believe Wanee is going to shake the universe when they release their line-up.

I am a Lockn’ alumni…so I’m just wondering how I can make it to Lockn’ again. I can’t miss a last opportunity to see MY Allman Brothers Band with it’s current members.

Waneebe! Did we meet at Peach? Are from Maine also? Never mind, I just went back and looked at you avatar and location...

At Peach 2012, I was in RV camping near the entry gate. Maybe 2nd row. I recall someone posting they too were near the gate where all the liquor was confiscated. But I am born and raised Floridian.

Following the shadows of the skies or are they only figments of my eyes?
And I'm feeling close to where the race is run
Waiting in our boats to set sail, sea of joy

Wed Jan 15, 2014 4:10 pm Profile
Wanee Mushroom

dinahmoehumm wrote:
Is it possible that we could see less "foreign" license plates at Wanee this year? What with Mountain Jam, Peach Fest, and Lockn' all happening up north, maybe the NY/PA/NJ crowd will stay up there. 8-)

Ouch! As a "foreigner" (from Michigan) I gotta say this gives some bad vibes. I understand wanting smaller numbers for a more intimate experience. But I hope that REAL music fans are the ones who show up for Wanee...regardless of where they're from! I'd rather have people from all over the place who love to jam, than people who are just coming because it's a party and they happen to live nearby.

Wed Jan 15, 2014 4:39 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

LV-Bus-Lady wrote:
dinahmoehumm wrote:
Is it possible that we could see less "foreign" license plates at Wanee this year? What with Mountain Jam, Peach Fest, and Lockn' all happening up north, maybe the NY/PA/NJ crowd will stay up there. 8-)

Ouch! As a "foreigner" (from Michigan) I gotta say this gives some bad vibes. I understand wanting smaller numbers for a more intimate experience. But I hope that REAL music fans are the ones who show up for Wanee...regardless of where they're from! I'd rather have people from all over the place who love to jam, than people who are just coming because it's a party and they happen to live nearby.

I agree and I’m from Florida. We want all Wanee fans. It’s a great jam.

Wed Jan 15, 2014 4:44 pm Profile
Wanee Veteran

Waneebe wrote:
LV-Bus-Lady wrote:
dinahmoehumm wrote:

I second that or third that maybe :?: I enjoy good people. WHo cares wht their licence plate says dinahummbug. I have ran into some bad people at Wanee, and they werent from The formentioned states. Judging by their accents they were a little further south than that.

Wed Jan 15, 2014 4:57 pm Profile
Wanee Wizard

Waneebe wrote:
LV-Bus-Lady wrote:
dinahmoehumm wrote:

This Maine duo is headed right by Mountain Jam, Peach, and Lockn' just to get to WANEE! :D

Wed Jan 15, 2014 5:00 pm Profile
Wanee Mushroom

You all missed my point by a hundred miles. I was merely pointing out that with the amount of festivals this year with similar lineups to Wanee, and many of them in close proximity to the NE, that perhaps folks from up there might elect to attend one closer to them and not come this far south. I know it's quite a trek for lots of people.

The "foreign" license plate crack was just snark.

Wed Jan 15, 2014 5:30 pm Profile
Wanee Peach

Looking at either Lockn or Wanee. A little help with cost determination. VIP at Lockn is $699 nad that means if you want to bring an RV then you have to camp in VIP RV which is $600 compared to the GA RV camping which is $200. $1,299 to camp and concert with no meals seems a bit steep. Not sure you get anything else in the VIP RV than GA RV, but you must get an RV campspot if you bring an RV. This is unlike Wanee where we go wherever we want

Wed Jan 15, 2014 6:34 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

baxman wrote:
Looking at either Lockn or Wanee. A little help with cost determination. VIP at Lockn is $699 nad that means if you want to bring an RV then you have to camp in VIP RV which is $600 compared to the GA RV camping which is $200. $1,299 to camp and concert with no meals seems a bit steep. Not sure you get anything else in the VIP RV than GA RV, but you must get an RV campspot if you bring an RV. This is unlike Wanee where we go wherever we want

I did VIP tent camping at Lockn’ and the only advantage was camping near the stage. The VIP viewing areas really sucked. An unshaded platform or an area way off to the side with a chance for only 5-6 people to get a spot on the rail. There was only one lounge area way back by the security entry gate. If you wanted a place to sit and eat you’d have to go back there. Super Vip had a tent up closer but that was even more money. So if camping close to stage is what you want $1,299.

Wed Jan 15, 2014 7:14 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

Ratdog 2X added

Thu Jan 16, 2014 11:09 am Profile
Wanee Mushroom

mccjeff wrote:
Ratdog 2X added

??????
2X Bobby
2X Phil

Why not just Furthur?

We finally broke down and got out tix yesterday. Honestly, I was hoping for a little more variety. :?

Thu Jan 16, 2014 11:43 am Profile
 [ 71 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next