Last visit was: Wed Oct 22, 2014 11:04 pm It is currently Wed Oct 22, 2014 11:04 pm

[ 71 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Lockn' 2014 
Wanee Lover

Post Re: Lockn' 2014
LV-Bus-Lady wrote:
mccjeff wrote:
Ratdog 2X added

??????
2X Bobby
2X Phil

Why not just Furthur?

We finally broke down and got out tix yesterday. Honestly, I was hoping for a little more variety. :?

Because Furthur has gotten stale. We saw P&F at Xmas Jam this year and I would much prefer that to another Furthur show. But that's just me.

Thu Jan 16, 2014 12:09 pm Profile
Wanee Wizard

EnjoyingTheRide wrote:
Another update! Ratdog x2!!! Keep'm coming Lockin'!

EnjoyingTheRide wrote:
I know there are a lot of shows and festivals between now and Lockn' but they're already throwing out a line up!

1. Phil & Friends x2
2. Widespread Panic x2
3. Allman Brothers
4. Ratdog x2

Thu Jan 16, 2014 12:55 pm Profile
Wanee Veteran

LV-Bus-Lady wrote:
mccjeff wrote:
Ratdog 2X added

??????
2X Bobby
2X Phil

Why not just Furthur?

We finally broke down and got out tix yesterday. Honestly, I was hoping for a little more variety. :?

Why not a Dead reunion? I know all about the rumours, Phil doesnt think the band can keep up, some say its because of Bobby and his money, who really knows? I just don't see how it could be about proving anything. Let 'em have whatever guitarist or piano player but damn man, bring back the boys!

Thu Jan 16, 2014 3:41 pm Profile
Wanee Master

Jbone wrote:
LV-Bus-Lady wrote:
mccjeff wrote:
Ratdog 2X added

??????
2X Bobby
2X Phil

Why not just Furthur?

Why not a Dead reunion? I know all about the rumours, Phil doesnt think the band can keep up, some say its because of Bobby and his money, who really knows? I just don't see how it could be about proving anything. Let 'em have whatever guitarist or piano player but damn man, bring back the boys!

I gotta be honest here... Further has always just lulled me to sleep.... nothing to do with their ages either... guess its just the song selection they chose... i like it... but like Ratdog and phil and friends so much beter... they both seem to make a party out of it more i guess.. still love my GD tunes though either way

ImageImageImage

Thu Jan 16, 2014 3:44 pm Profile
Wanee Veteran

Waneebe wrote:
I did VIP tent camping at Lockn’ and the only advantage was camping near the stage. The VIP viewing areas really sucked. An unshaded platform or an area way off to the side with a chance for only 5-6 people to get a spot on the rail. There was only one lounge area way back by the security entry gate. If you wanted a place to sit and eat you’d have to go back there. Super Vip had a tent up closer but that was even more money. So if camping close to stage is what you want $1,299.

On the new map, the car camping fields are still the furthest out, also looks like what used to be car field #1 is now tent only. I know some of you have read my Lockn rants but unless you have lots of cab money, patience and a dust mask, you better go for tent only or VIP. Our car/tent was 2 miles away from the audience area. Thats not that bad of walk but add in heat, several trips a day, dancing, dust blocking your oxygen, more dancing and beer....yo ass wont care who's playing. I will say that camp #2 had the best views though. If they add in free plentiful shuttles, I would do car camping so people dont gank your stuff. That place is big.

Thu Jan 16, 2014 3:59 pm Profile
Wanee Mushroom

Jbone wrote:
On the new map, the car camping fields are still the furthest out, also looks like what used to be car field #1 is now tent only. I know some of you have read my Lockn rants but unless you have lots of cab money, patience and a dust mask, you better go for tent only or VIP. Our car/tent was 2 miles away from the audience area. Thats not that bad of walk but add in heat, several trips a day, dancing, dust blocking your oxygen, more dancing and beer....yo ass wont care who's playing. I will say that camp #2 had the best views though. If they add in free plentiful shuttles, I would do car camping so people dont gank your stuff. That place is big.

We were back in car camping too. We took mountain bikes and it was totally worth it! It was kind of hilly and rocky, but manageable. (Trust me, I'm no athlete.) I would recommend taking a light!

Thu Jan 16, 2014 4:10 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

Why a Dead or Furthur show? To hear the same thing again? Phil & Friends are... what's the word... oh yeah, BETTER. And not just a little bit either. I'm talking a whole lot better.

Go listen to this...

Celebration >
Playing In The Band >
China Cat Sunflower >
I Know You Rider
Night Of 1000 Stars
Mountains Of The Moon >
St. Stephen >
The Other One >
Terrapin Station

https://archive.org/details/PLQ2013-12-13

Fresh versions of those songs without being restrained by the legacy of tGD. They can play whatever they want however they want. And it works. Perhaps the reason for not doing a Dead reunion is that Phil is bored playing the same songs the same ways with the same people. He ought to be having some fun too.

end rant

Thu Jan 16, 2014 4:40 pm Profile
Wanee Master

mccjeff wrote:
Fresh versions of those songs without being restrained by the legacy of tGD. They can play whatever they want however they want. And it works

Agree wholeheartedly...These fresh versions are grate. We have all heard the GD songs a thousand times and Further is point on with those....but something new and different is always exciting...just like a new girlfriend.....ooooops....don't wanna go there.

Now, tell me why they removed the Gold Dust Woman from this set...Grace came out and that too was a fresh version with Phil and Friends. I believe it was the last song....and I listened a couple times to it and then it was removed....
????Possibly FM didn't allow it on a "free" site????

Thu Jan 16, 2014 5:53 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

It was Mule not P&F (or PLQ to be more accurate) for the Gold Dust Woman to close it out. There is a sweet "Somewhere Over the Rainbow" sung by Jimmy's guitar in the middle of TOO if I remember correctly.

Thu Jan 16, 2014 6:33 pm Profile
Wanee Veteran

That line up....wow! I love the way Rob plays. Its one of my favorite things about DSO. I have many Phil & Friends shows and not all the tours were as good as this Xmas Jam show. Thanks for sharing.

BUT, There was a magic in the air at those Dead Shows with Warren. Furthur couldnt pull it and not matter how good Phil's friends are, no matter how much more progressive the jam sections are....to see Billy and Mickey smiling on that drum line, Phil's bombs and the nasty squeal of Bobby's slide all rolled up into one big fatty lumpkin. Put whoever you want in the other shoes. Im talking about the vibe, the cosmic resonance among the people there. The show...not the skill.

Rant on

Thu Jan 16, 2014 10:46 pm Profile
 [ 71 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next