Last visit was: Wed Jul 30, 2014 9:20 pm It is currently Wed Jul 30, 2014 9:20 pm




 [ 15 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 What is your favorite Wanee set? 
Author Message
Wanee Lover
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 27, 2009 5:00 pm
Posts: 1573
Location: Sharpsburg, Ga.
Post What is your favorite Wanee set?
I'm going with Levon Helm.


Mon Dec 09, 2013 9:12 pm Profile
Wanee Veteran
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 15, 2009 3:47 am
Posts: 865
Location: Sweet Home Orlando
Post Re: What is your favorite Wanee set?
This set really moved me right around 1AM. Everything felt so right.

Derek Trucks Band
05 June 2009
01. intro > Volunteered Slavery *
02. Days is Almost Gone **
03. Sweet Inspiration **
04. I'll Find My Way
05. We're a Winner **
06. Already Free
07. Down in the Flood
08. Done Got Over **
09. Get Out Of My Life Woman > Who Knows > Get Out Of My Life Woman ***

01. I've Got a Feeling > **
02. Hercules & **
03. Any Day **
https://archive.org/details/dtb2009-06-05

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3w3Mq8f7YpE


Mon Dec 09, 2013 11:13 pm Profile
Wanee Gnome

Joined: Wed Jan 26, 2011 8:18 am
Posts: 14
Post Re: What is your favorite Wanee set?
The Lightman wrote:
This set really moved me right around 1AM. Everything felt so right.

Derek Trucks Band
05 June 2009
01. intro > Volunteered Slavery *
02. Days is Almost Gone **
03. Sweet Inspiration **
04. I'll Find My Way
05. We're a Winner **
06. Already Free
07. Down in the Flood
08. Done Got Over **
09. Get Out Of My Life Woman > Who Knows > Get Out Of My Life Woman ***

01. I've Got a Feeling > **
02. Hercules & **
03. Any Day **
https://archive.org/details/dtb2009-06-05

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3w3Mq8f7YpE




Great set, thanks for the links. It reminded me of the DTB 2006 set which is probably my favorite.

https://archive.org/details/dtb2006-04-14


Tue Dec 10, 2013 4:24 am Profile
Wanee Gnome

Joined: Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:48 am
Posts: 12
Location: Tug Hill NY
Post Re: What is your favorite Wanee set?
My first Wanee -- 2010 -- Mule late night at the Mushroom Stage. I was with my daughter and it was her first Mule performance. Magical!


Tue Dec 10, 2013 11:15 am Profile
Wanee Veteran

Joined: Wed Mar 28, 2012 8:48 am
Posts: 608
Post Re: What is your favorite Wanee set?
Riding the rail with my teen son / longtime Deadhead for Further's first night of Wanee 2012. It had been a long time since I'd seen Phil and Bobby, and I'd wanted to get my kid to see who's left of the 60s-90s Dead for some time. So that was a bucket list thing, of a sort. Even if the prevailing opinion was Further night 2 was even more amazing. Personally I loved 'em both 8-)


Tue Dec 10, 2013 11:29 am Profile
Wanee Master

Joined: Fri Feb 04, 2011 12:07 pm
Posts: 5626
Location: Marianna, Florida
Post Re: What is your favorite Wanee set?
Okay...I am ready for some quizzical looks of disappointment at my list...but...
Taj Mahal (with ABB set)
Buddy Guy...Jesus...that guy is terrific..
Royal Southern Brotherhood....(when Gregg walked out on the stage to join them...it literally took my breath away).
Dumpstafunk...(D-funk does P-funk....awesome).
(Furthur and ABB are givens)


Tue Dec 10, 2013 11:43 am Profile
Wanee Veteran
User avatar

Joined: Thu Apr 16, 2009 10:06 pm
Posts: 877
Location: Atlanta Area
Post Re: What is your favorite Wanee set?
Rivernole wrote:
Royal Southern Brotherhood....(when Gregg walked out on the stage to join them...it literally took my breath away).


"...and now we want to bring another Allman out on stage with us."

I seriously thought Devon was going to bring his son out or something. I'd scooted up, close to the front (because I likes how Devon looks ;) :twisted: ), so I was RIGHT THERE (right behind the guy on the rail with the stupid lampshade hat).

Wow....that was such a great moment....

_________________

I tell you one thing; you tell me another. We walk away, maybe then shake hands...


Tue Dec 10, 2013 12:11 pm Profile
Wanee Pro
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 19, 2012 2:24 am
Posts: 379
Location: WV
Post Re: What is your favorite Wanee set?
2nd night of Furthur had me shedding a few tears...... They were spot on that night, first night so not much so.

Panic had me moving and grooving last year, only down side was the rain.


Tue Dec 10, 2013 2:57 pm Profile
Wanee Veteran
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 28, 2010 6:55 pm
Posts: 865
Location: Outer Rim
Post Re: What is your favorite Wanee set?
...


Last edited by Jbone on Sat Apr 05, 2014 8:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.



Tue Dec 10, 2013 3:16 pm Profile
Wanee Demi-God
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 14, 2009 9:55 am
Posts: 10670
Location: New Bern, NC (Coastal NC)
Post Re: What is your favorite Wanee set?
frenchiejess wrote:
Rivernole wrote:
Royal Southern Brotherhood....(when Gregg walked out on the stage to join them...it literally took my breath away).


"...and now we want to bring another Allman out on stage with us."

I seriously thought Devon was going to bring his son out or something. I'd scooted up, close to the front (because I likes how Devon looks ;) :twisted: ), so I was RIGHT THERE (right behind the guy on the rail with the stupid lampshade hat).
^^^^^^^THIS!!!^^^^^^
Wow....that was such a great moment....

_________________
Image ................................................................................... Image
THE "VIPER DANCE" ............... Driving to wanee
Image
THE "MRS. VIPER DANCE"


Tue Dec 10, 2013 4:44 pm Profile
 [ 15 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], CCBot, Choopa.net/ahrefs.com[Bot], EnjoyingTheRide, Exabot [Bot], Google [Bot] and 0 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
Intentional bypassing of the word filter will lead to user banning. The forum is used by all ages and walks of life and your respect for that is appreciated.
Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group.
Designed by Vjacheslav Trushkin for Free Forums/DivisionCore.