Last visit was: Mon Nov 24, 2014 8:25 pm It is currently Mon Nov 24, 2014 8:25 pm

[ 5 posts ] 
 An ABB-Tribute from Sweden 
Wanee Fan

Post An ABB-Tribute from Sweden
Hi all friends from 2009 and everyone else.

Dropped a mail some weeks ago to check if anyone remebered our visit at Wanee back then. As I said it was an Amazing experience to a ABB fan from back then to discover the vital music scene of today around the band. I spotted the festival on the web a couple of years before 2009 and promised myself that I had to visit sometime (and visit the US for the first time) and that happened. And as a nice X-mas gift to my two daughters I included them as well.

It really payed back more than enough. In some aspects it changed life outcome! And that goes for Elin (then 18) and Freja (then 15) as well. We allways come back to memories and they are great fans of ABB and TTB (wasn't formed back then but performed in their bands) by now.

To me it was such an inspiration musically. Started to jam at home to the records and had some crazy wish to put a band together for the first time since I became a father. But I didn't Think it was possible to get all old friends from different bands in the past to really get together. But actually it came true this autumn, even if we just have had the time to do one single session so far.

Anyhow, I announced in former mail that I was working with a web-site for the band. We will go for it and try to playing gigs. It's nothing similar around here in southers Sweden and I've now started to work on that. And the site is now published so I really would like to have visits from all good people I met in Live Oak (remember how you laughed around I was bringing my daughters to US and took them to Live Oak :D ).

The Wanee experience, together with my daughters, and the fact that our surname is Kallman opened for an approach to create an almost true 'myth' around it all - presented at the title page of the site. I don't care if people get it or not but it sure has reference to Wanee (more or less unknowned in Sweden).

Enough talking. You're most welcome to be the very first visitors and listen to the recordings we made. As declared on the site it is just a taste as we hadn't rehearsed together at all and just had a handy recorder. But when we have had the chance to do a couple of serious rehearsals it will be better. We're all 'old' ABB fans and it's just that fun to play this Music.

Feel free to comment and here's the address (perhaps best to open in separate window):
http://www.kallmansistersband.se/

All my best and Peace!
Micke

Mon Dec 09, 2013 5:02 pm Profile
Wanee Master

Post Re: An ABB-Tribute from Sweden
gonna give it a spin right now....
it might be time you return to Wanee and join us again.
Love to Sweden and your family... :)

Mon Dec 09, 2013 5:28 pm Profile
Wanee Master

well....tried to send a message in the guestbook....but couldn't get the skicka email to work. And I sure as hell couldn't read what I did wrong.
But just to let you know....you did a good job of sounding like an early version of ABB. Without the wall of amps....this is kind of how they sounded early on.
Keep up the work and maybe one day you can play at Wanee.....or at least visit again.
It is also nice to have the name Kallman....just drop the K and you are the Allman. And the Sisters Band is a play on their name.
And you incorporated the Peach and you had a Wanee note also.
Love to Sweden and the Allmansistersband.
Good job.

Mon Dec 09, 2013 5:53 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

maybe .... "" Before submitting the message you need to DELETE the text at 'Check' ""

Message submitted successfully second try. I missed that at first.

Listen here -
http://www.kallmansistersband.se/sound. ... g=2&page=3

Home Page in English for us 'muricans that dont click on a british flag Image -
http://www.kallmansistersband.se/start. ... g=2&page=1

"" I'm not gonna vote for more rules... we go to festivals to get away from most of the idiotic social customs and rules for a time, and be a bit more free than the regular world lets us... keep the rules simple and few, and let kindness rule rather than a rule book... ""

THIS. ↑↑↑↑

Author - Beach Bob - Monday 20 MAY 2013 - 8:22 am
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=10529&start=10&hilit=chairs

Mon Dec 09, 2013 6:06 pm Profile WWW
Wanee Master

Thanks Volke...
got it to go through....not sure where the r/n came from in my message....oh well.
Yep....needed the English version....guess I'm not English enough to click on the British flag :oops:

Mon Dec 09, 2013 6:26 pm Profile
 [ 5 posts ]