Last visit was: Tue Jul 22, 2014 3:21 am It is currently Tue Jul 22, 2014 3:21 am

[ 26 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 XMAS Jam 
Wanee Lover

Post Re: XMAS Jam
Pam & I are in. Staying downtown. Wicked Weed, Wedge and Burial Brewing are on the agenda. Friday is the sickness.

Sun Dec 08, 2013 9:08 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

We changed the location from tunnel road to the downtown inn and suites ... after talking with the guest services today, I think we will fare better by getting there early on friday, parking the car for the weekend and getting out and about the town. I will make sure Jerry brings his earplugs as this location apparently goes all night, but we were assured a clean room away from the after 3 am noise...I hate being an old fart.

Mon Dec 09, 2013 11:56 am Profile
Wanee Lover

mccjeff wrote:
Pam & I are in. Staying downtown. Wicked Weed, Wedge and Burial Brewing are on the agenda. Friday is the sickness.

Where are you staying McJeff

Mon Dec 09, 2013 11:58 am Profile
Wanee Veteran

grandmacracker wrote:
we are going, will be staying on tunnel road right off the interstate....can anyone go to the 2nd floor bar Alex???

YES. We should arrive at the hotel Friday around 3:30pm. We should be comfortably seated at the bar NLT 4pm!! 8-)

Mon Dec 09, 2013 3:20 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

We are trying out the https://www.airbnb.com/ experience. For those that haven't heard of it...

Quote:
Founded in August of 2008 and based in San Francisco, California, Airbnb is a trusted community marketplace for people to list, discover, and book unique accommodations around the world — online or from a mobile phone.

Whether an apartment for a night, a castle for a week, or a villa for a month, Airbnb connects people to unique travel experiences, at any price point, in more than 33,000 cities and 192 countries. And with world-class customer service and a growing community of users, Airbnb is the easiest way for people to monetize their extra space and showcase it to an audience of millions.

So we are renting a dance studio/loft over a record shop right behind the venue. We've stayed out on the outskirts and for 1 night that's ok (ish). We've stayed with friends up in Barnardsville but at 4am driving up there is not what I want to do. We wanted to stay downtown but not spend a ton so we found this place. Bare bones place to stay but that is all we need. A place to crash, take a shower and refresh just before the show. Other than that we will be out and about in Asheville or rocking hard at the show. I really wanted to wake up in downtown and walk next door for a cup of coffee.

Mon Dec 09, 2013 4:49 pm Profile
Wanee Master

mccjeff wrote:
Whether an apartment for a night, a castle for a week, or a villa for a month,

Looking for a chateau
Twenty-one rooms, but one will do.
Looking for a chateau
Twenty-one rooms but one will do.
I don't want to buy it
I just want to rent it for an hour or two.....

West LA Fadeaway....

Mon Dec 09, 2013 5:04 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

That was some serious fun. Music went till 4 both nights. Asheville is such an awesome town to party in. Must have seen 100 people I knew. Phil CRUSHED it.

Mon Dec 16, 2013 2:27 pm Profile
Wanee Veteran

Wish I could have been there, that line up was amazing!

Did Keb Mo show up with a band or acoustic?

So many shows...so little bread :roll:

Mon Dec 16, 2013 3:30 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

mccjeff wrote:
That was some serious fun. Music went till 4 both nights. Asheville is such an awesome town to party in. Must have seen 100 people I knew. Phil CRUSHED it.

Good to see you again friend. We lasted until 215 the first night and 145 on the second.....this age thing sometimes kicks in when you least expect it.....

This weekend is definitely in my top five shows of all time....the artist collaboration on both nights was stellar. Altho I am not really a big fan of OAR, they were good on saturday...I just hated to leave early again on the second night, but when the feet and knees go, and sitting down doesnt help...it's time to leave.

Mon Dec 16, 2013 3:54 pm Profile
Wanee Master

For those that want to listen....most of the shows are already up on Panicstream..... :D

Mon Dec 16, 2013 4:37 pm Profile
 [ 26 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next