Last visit was: Fri Dec 19, 2014 8:56 am It is currently Fri Dec 19, 2014 8:56 am

[ 88 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Wanee Lover

Post Re: 2010
I know I said I would not say another word about it, but I really want Marky and everyone to know where I am coming from. Marky is trying to make it seem like the whole thing is a result of my intolerance with his DAC ribbing. This is not what happened at all.

If you look at page one of this thread, you will see why I am angry. All I said to Marky about his dumb DAC ribbing was “Do me a favor and let it die. Thanks bro.”

His response to me was to post the song lyrics to a song that is obviously racially negative. When I read that song, I interpreted it as endorsing the old hate group mantra of “blacks should go back to Africa”.

He is trying to make it like I demanded that he never mentions DAC again and that his ribbing about it is what caused this incident. What caused this incident was him posting that racial song in response to me. I have a question for you Marky: what was your intent in posting those song lyrics in response to me asking you nicely to let the DAC thing die? If you think that song is funny then I most definitely have a problem with you. Please explain your motive for posting that song?

I will apologize to you and the forum for being so liberal, hard headed, and opinionated if you will apologize for posting those song lyrics. And just because WSP played the song doesn’t make it right.

We are going on vacation so you will all get a well needed break from my liberal opinions. I wish nothing but love to all my brothers and sisters here, but I can tell you that if this kind of thing is going to be tolerated here it will hurt me deeply. I’m sorry to Wavo and all who want me to just keep my mouth shut about stuff like this but this is how I roll and I will never change.

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/clickToGive/home.faces?siteId=3

Thu Jun 18, 2009 3:12 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

Sorry but this is how I read it. Maybe a different response to my request would have been in order.

Thu Jun 18, 2009 3:25 pm Profile
Wanee Fan

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RY75BmkF5q4

Ahhhh, the good'ol days of punk rock. When a song was over in 3 min. and no chance of a hidden cryptic message.

Thu Jun 18, 2009 4:04 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

Yeah you probably shouldn’t post the words to a song about a monkey man going back to Africa in response to someone reminding you of their hard line anti racist feelings. :D :D

The smile faces absolve me... :D :D

Thu Jun 18, 2009 4:21 pm Profile
Wanee Demi-God

OK.... My 2 cents........
Marky, we all like you around here but I think you are wrong on this. Its really not cool to needle someone with a subject that you know is near and dear to them. You have been doing that with LTS. Why even come close to the subject when you know he is very passionate about it. HE did ask you in a brotherly manner to stop. Even your last post........
marky wrote:
note to self... don;t post song lyrics about monkeys. :roll:

was a slap in his direction. Please just let it go....... ;)
We just want to keep the Wanee Vibe going.

My 2 cents.

THE "MRS. VIPER DANCE"

Thu Jun 18, 2009 5:00 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

So what is your preference for a campsite:

Everyone camped in a circle with banners/blankets/tie dyed sheets hanging all around for privacy.

Or

Open campsite close to the road for 'people watching'?

Each has its advantages and disadvantages.

We will probably have enough people for both!

Thu Jun 18, 2009 9:24 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

This year we did a little of both.We had tiedyed sheets hanging on three sides with front of campsite open to watch all the lovely people.We had all the privacy we needed.

Thu Jun 18, 2009 10:40 pm Profile
Wanee Master

I love the idea of being near where LTS or Mule Lady were. You could hear music and it was a short walk to the stages. It was nice to walk over in between sets and meet up with people. Being able to meet and greet strangers walking by was pretty cool too.

Fri Jun 19, 2009 12:51 pm Profile
Wanee Pro

AndieBee wrote:
I love the idea of being near where LTS or Mule Lady were. You could hear music and it was a short walk to the stages. It was nice to walk over in between sets and meet up with people. Being able to meet and greet strangers walking by was pretty cool too.

and we can get back to back sites there. form big quads.

Fri Jun 19, 2009 1:10 pm Profile
Wanee Fan

I just called the park and September 4th is when they will start taking reservations. Up until then, the people that had a reserved spot this year can re reserve that same place. we may end up with mini camps all around the park which would be fun too :) the park is so beautiful and each area has it advantages.

Fri Jun 19, 2009 1:30 pm Profile
 [ 88 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next