Last visit was: Thu Oct 23, 2014 3:56 am It is currently Thu Oct 23, 2014 3:56 am

[ 94 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 bands for next year 
Wanee Pro

Post Re: bands for next year
Can't believe I didn't mention "24 hours at a time" from MTB's Where we all belong album as it's my favorite. Charlie's fiddle, Jerry's sax, Tommy's bass and Toy's lead guitar. Heaven. But for lead guitar solos, lately I've been listening very closely to Duane on Fillmore East, especially "You Don't Love Me"....that work, side by side with Toy's flawless work on Everyday I Have the Blues, man I'm near drooling.....well, that's also from boredom at work and looking out the window at the 102 heat....
greg

Fri Jun 26, 2009 2:43 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

granger@cp-tel.net wrote:
lately I've been listening very closely to Duane on Fillmore East, especially "You Don't Love Me"....that work, side by side with Toy's flawless work on Everyday I Have the Blues, man I'm near drooling.....well, that's also from boredom at work and looking out the window at the 102 heat....
greg

I wore that vinyl out and had to buy another (Fillmore East). I need to hook up my vinyl to mp3 converter and rip it. Or set up the turntable and listen to all that good music I have tucked away in a closet.

Fri Jun 26, 2009 2:53 pm Profile
Wanee Pro

I've been meaning to look into one of those converters, only recently heard about them. I painfully but rightfully purged my closet of many many old albums, many of which were too scratched (I did save some covers to frame). But I still have some and my wife's are in better shape, but would love to try out the converter idea. I've been on a Duane obsession lately, I guess I go through that every now and then with a few different artists, but I just can't get enough these days. I plan to soon start purchasing the live ABB CDs available on their site.

Fri Jun 26, 2009 3:05 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

granger@cp-tel.net wrote:
I've been meaning to look into one of those converters, only recently heard about them.

I picked mine up on woot....I still haven't hooked it up to try it. I better do that to make sure it works while I still have warranty.

Fri Jun 26, 2009 3:10 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

I would suggest saving them in wave or audio files. You can always cut them down to MP3 size later. If you have a turntable and your computer sound card has an audio input, you can record the audio directly into your computer to save for posterity.

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/clickToGive/home.faces?siteId=3

Fri Jun 26, 2009 3:13 pm Profile
Wanee Pro

Thanks much for the information, LTS, there's so much I don't know in the tech world.

Fri Jun 26, 2009 3:37 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

liketosmoke wrote:
I would suggest saving them in wave or audio files. You can always cut them down to MP3 size later. If you have a turntable and your computer sound card has an audio input, you can record the audio directly into your computer to save for posterity.

:geek:(geek speak warning!!!!!) :geek:
I haven't decided what to do yet. I can't make them lossless....that would be my first choice. I'm thinking Flac...advertised as lossless but can it really be? I need to try different codecs and see if I can really tell a difference. I also need to see what my car player will play....I know it does MP3s but flac to mp3 should be a quick conversion while still having the high quality flac for later use. I dunno.......

If I could retire, I would have time for all these things!

Fri Jun 26, 2009 3:53 pm Profile
Wanee Pro

You can do me a huge favor and define "lossless" in this context. I see it on archive.org, and FLAC etc, but am just not up to speed on this language. Is there a site I can find this info so as not to bug ya with my ignorance?? thx

greg

Fri Jun 26, 2009 5:28 pm Profile
Wanee Pro

I just realized I've veered from the thread pretty strongly, sorry about that.

on a slightly more related note, the Voodoo Fest lineup is available.
Widespread Panic, Robert Randolf, G Clinton and P-Funk.

http://thevoodooexperience.com/2009/

Fri Jun 26, 2009 5:31 pm Profile
Wanee Veteran

i just saw the voodoo lineup...wow it sucks. I would like to see randolph, pfunk (will bernie be with em?), flaming lips and Black Keys, but other than that, that a no. Will be going to the two night run of ABB/WP at charlotte on Oct 3 and 4

Fri Jun 26, 2009 6:38 pm Profile
 [ 94 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next