Last visit was: Sat Nov 22, 2014 12:42 pm It is currently Sat Nov 22, 2014 12:42 pm

[ 6 posts ] 
 Big request 
Wanee Lover

Post Big request
When I think about this and wonder how to go about it, and make some kind of plan, I begin to think it’s a preposterous request. I am looking for a friendly campsite where I might set-up my tent. It’s a rather large tent 18’ x 10’ for myself and my son who is 22 years old and mentally handicapped. He is a big teddy bear (6’3” 325lbs) and loves to hug. I have never brought him with me to a festival before but I must consider this or reconsider my attendance at all. I am looking for an spot close in proximity to the stages. I walk with a cane and he doesn’t enjoy walking. Also must be close to a bathhouse/restroom facility. I am hoping to arrive days in advance of the festival but these details are also not set as yet.

Following the shadows of the skies or are they only figments of my eyes?
And I'm feeling close to where the race is run
Waiting in our boats to set sail, sea of joy

Tue Jan 21, 2014 7:05 pm Profile
Wanee Peach

Post Re: Big request
I use a wheelchair.So I will tell ya my exp.at wanee..I was wanting to find the same things you are looking for.Close to bath house & stages.Here is how I would do it...Show up, find a spot, set camp up.People will help.THEN take your fold up lawnchairs and find one of the Bros. or Sist. on the gulf carts. get a ride to the gate where the stages are and the swag is. . Same coming back to camp. flag a cart down and ask for a ride back to camp. Really its not far from camps to stage.I dought you are a heavy drinker.LOL Look me up ...Im in a black power wheelchair and I have long silver hair.BILLY... Actualy Im hunting me a site at this time I have an offer that I most likely will take.I just sleep in my truck. and cover my chair with a tarp.You can do it.. and you will have a good time if you like that kind of music and a fest. type of crowd.

Tue Jan 21, 2014 7:39 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

evansvillenowmilton wrote:
I use a wheelchair.So I will tell ya my exp.at wanee..I was wanting to find the same things you are looking for.Close to bath house & stages.Here is how I would do it...Show up, find a spot, set camp up.People will help.THEN take your fold up lawnchairs and find one of the Bros. or Sist. on the gulf carts. get a ride to the gate where the stages are and the swag is. . Same coming back to camp. flag a cart down and ask for a ride back to camp. Really its not far from camps to stage.I dought you are a heavy drinker.LOL Look me up ...Im in a black power wheelchair and I have long silver hair.BILLY... Actualy Im hunting me a site at this time I have an offer that I most likely will take.I just sleep in my truck. and cover my chair with a tarp.You can do it.. and you will have a good time if you like that kind of music and a fest. type of crowd.

Thanks for the advise Billy. If I make it there this will be my 3rd Wanee. I have just never brought my son along with me. As for the offer extended to you by Volkemon, You’ll have no problem accessing his site. He even creates a driveway raked and cleared of all debris from the roadway.

Tue Jan 21, 2014 7:50 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

Chris is a big teddy bear. The first time he ever saw me, he greeted me with a huge hug. Nothing but love.

I dont think I have seen him without a smile on.

My site meets your requirements, Billy, but falls short on some of waneebe's. :(

"" I'm not gonna vote for more rules... we go to festivals to get away from most of the idiotic social customs and rules for a time, and be a bit more free than the regular world lets us... keep the rules simple and few, and let kindness rule rather than a rule book... ""

THIS. ↑↑↑↑

Author - Beach Bob - Monday 20 MAY 2013 - 8:22 am
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=10529&start=10&hilit=chairs

Tue Jan 21, 2014 7:53 pm Profile WWW
Wanee Lover

:? Scratch plan B. :arrow: Back to plan A…find an adult-sitter and a smaller tent.

Sat Jan 25, 2014 9:10 pm Profile
Wanee Master

So he's not coming? Or is the sitter for you Judie?. :lol:

Sun Jan 26, 2014 4:31 am Profile
 [ 6 posts ]