Last visit was: Sat Oct 25, 2014 5:13 pm It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 5:13 pm

[ 8 posts ] 
 RV boondocking question 
Wanee Mushroom

Post RV boondocking question
I used to get an RV site for Wanee but it has become to expensive for my tastes. When I go to the King Biscuit Blues Fest I camp in a field without any hookups for 6 days and have a great time. I checked with SOS and they said RV camping is allowed in the tent areas. My RV is only 28 feet and is easy to move around on dirt roads and in fields. I plan to get there on Monday and was wondering what tent camping area would be closest to the stages? I rarely run the generator and I like to cook and share with my neighbors. I also let people charge cell phones. Any suggestions?

Wed Jan 22, 2014 11:39 am Profile
Wanee Mushroom

Post Re: RV boondocking question
Hey Goombay,
I can certainly understand the cost situation. Seems to get "higher" :shock: every year. But we all still show up. :D
I'm also a lifetime member of the park. So, I don't have to pay for the campsite. I've been to every WANEE so far. Helps to lives 25 miles up the road. :mrgreen: I also take my RV down the weekend before and get it set up to avoid the rush in. Then I come down few times during the week to hang out and watch the WANEE city grow. Its an amazing thing to see.
Now, to answer your question.
There are many places where you can boondock in the park. I think the best place for you would be in the field where the bat house is located. I have seen RV's out there every year since the beginning. Since your getting there on Monday, you will have time and many choices to find you a good spot. Just sort of make sure you pick spot were the generator is pointing away from people/tents/etc. when you do run it. Find you a cool spot near a woodsline. I don't think you will have many issues as long as you can do that. Everybody is pretty cool at the WANEE. Although, as you know, there is always one or two bad apples at every event. But thats just the way it is. All in All, you should be fine.

Hope this helps.
Can't wait. The countdown clock is ticking louder and louder each day.

Wed Jan 22, 2014 12:18 pm Profile
Wanee Wizard

We tented in the field where the bat house is but as breezeman said, there are lots of RV's there. We brought our camper trailer last year and stayed in primitive near the lake and it was great all week but it was difficult to get out early on Sunday morning for the trek home. At times I had just an inch or two on each side of the trailer.

Wed Jan 22, 2014 12:32 pm Profile
Wanee Peach

Breezeman wrote:
Hey Goombay,
I can certainly understand the cost situation. Seems to get "higher" :shock: every year. But we all still show up. :D
I'm also a lifetime member of the park. So, I don't have to pay for the campsite. I've been to every WANEE so far. Helps to lives 25 miles up the road. :mrgreen: I also take my RV down the weekend before and get it set up to avoid the rush in. Then I come down few times during the week to hang out and watch the WANEE city grow. Its an amazing thing to see.
Now, to answer your question.
There are many places where you can boondock in the park. I think the best place for you would be in the field where the bat house is located. I have seen RV's out there every year since the beginning. Since your getting there on Monday, you will have time and many choices to find you a good spot. Just sort of make sure you pick spot were the generator is pointing away from people/tents/etc. when you do run it. Find you a cool spot near a woodsline. I don't think you will have many issues as long as you can do that. Everybody is pretty cool at the WANEE. Although, as you know, there is always one or two bad apples at every event. But thats just the way it is. All in All, you should be fine.

Hope this helps.
Can't wait. The countdown clock is ticking louder and louder each day.

We've also camped every year, except the first when we were on the lake, in the fields by the bat house and we loved it out there. There was a good mix of tent campers and RVers. I didn't hear generators running much...or I was so passed out at night that I didn't even notice. :shock:

Wed Jan 22, 2014 7:10 pm Profile
Wanee Fan

I park my pop up in lot C right near the bathouse every year. Easy in and out, about a 10 minute walk to the stage.

Thu Jan 23, 2014 8:07 am Profile
Wanee Wizard

Hardtail67 wrote:
I park my pop up in lot C right near the bathouse every year. Easy in and out, about a 10 minute walk to the stage.

That's not a bad walk at all, a couple of beers, depending on how many people you stop to talk with... And it's easy to find your way back... :lol:

Thu Jan 23, 2014 1:04 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

EnjoyingTheRide wrote:
That's not a bad walk at all, a couple of beers, depending on how many people you stop to talk with...

All of them.

Thu Jan 23, 2014 1:56 pm Profile
Wanee Veteran

the big field next to the horse stables is good too. Shorter walk to the big stage.

Thu Jan 23, 2014 2:13 pm Profile
 [ 8 posts ]