Last visit was: Thu Oct 23, 2014 12:36 am It is currently Thu Oct 23, 2014 12:36 am

[ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Wow 
Wanee Master

Post Re: Wow
Rivernole wrote:
And TYS hits [size=200]4000[/size] ....soon will blow by me

Go my friend!

No. We are going to coast in together.

December 29, 1978. Month of insanity. I ran the Maryland Marathon on December 3rd and the Schlitz Marathon in Tampa on December 16th. So now I am at Sebastian Inlet south of Melbourne with 100 other idiots prepared to run the Space Coast 50K (31.1 miles on the beach!).

The funny part is that your calves don't hurt because you are not pounding on the pavement. The un-funny part is that your thighs are screaming because you have to lift your legs more every step -- because you don't get that bounce off the pavement!

At 10 miles, I fell in with a dentist from Clearwater (who became "famous" for two events years later). We propped each other up through the 20-mile mark and then through the marathon mark. With five miles to go, stopping seemed VERY appealing. He and I decided not to let the other one quit, and we passed together under the finish line at the Cocoa Beach pier arm in arm.

This will be a LOT less painful for Rivernole and me!!!!! As we speak, Jensen B and And AndieB are approaching mastery themselves!

This will call for some hootin' and a-hollerin' at Wanee!

"Remember: music is a religion. You have to pray every day."
-- Jose' Luis "Cheo" Pardo, Los Amigos Invisibles

Tue Jan 21, 2014 3:41 pm Profile
Wanee Master

I'm reminded of the "Concur Keeb" thread here ;)

ImageImageImage

Tue Jan 21, 2014 4:08 pm Profile
Wanee Demi-God

GMaC sorry to hear you won't be there this year! {{{{{{{{{healing Vibes}}}}}}}}}} to Jerry and the Vipers have you in our thoughts daily!!

It has always amazed me how a few bad apples can blow up all the good things that this forum has brought to most of us.....my best advice is just ignore those bad apples and keep coming back and chiming in. I have seen them come and go.....once everyone stops responding to the nonsense it seems to go away. Just my two cents.

THE "MRS. VIPER DANCE"

Tue Jan 21, 2014 5:10 pm Profile
Wanee Master

Just like last year people complaining about WSP, some people aint happy unless they are complaining.

For the most part regulars aren't complaining just some people trolling to start sh!t.

I've never met a better large group of people that my chosen Sisters and Brothers I met first here on the Forum. :D

Tue Jan 21, 2014 5:49 pm Profile
Wanee Demi-God

Jensen B Gator wrote:
Just like last year people complaining about WSP, some people aint happy unless they are complaining.

For the most part regulars aren't complaining just some people trolling to start sh!t.

I've never met a better large group of people that my chosen Sisters and Brothers I met first here on the Forum. :D

Exactly! Every year there are those that are not happy with the line up. Personally there are bands I don't really like that much every year but hey I just don't go see them. My choice, but I know there are others who like them so I keep my opinions to myself.

THE "MRS. VIPER DANCE"

Tue Jan 21, 2014 5:52 pm Profile
Wanee Pro

Jensen B Gator wrote:

Don't you just hate people that whine about the line up. It is so childish!

Tue Jan 21, 2014 7:26 pm Profile
Wanee Master

I missed the thread you're referring to, but it's been said countless times that we are a huge group now. We come from very diverse backgrounds, but we are family. People who don't respect that are not our family. Let them pound their heads against the walls they create for themselves... As for the lineup, I can't wait to see Los Wavos! They are one of my Wanee Favorites.

Wed Jan 22, 2014 9:57 am Profile
Wanee Demi-God

AndieBee wrote:
I missed the thread you're referring to, but it's been said countless times that we are a huge group now. We come from very diverse backgrounds, but we are family. People who don't respect that are not our family. Let them pound their heads against the walls they create for themselves... As for the lineup, I can't wait to see Los Wavos! They are one of my Wanee Favorites.

Spoken like a true SOS!!

THE "MRS. VIPER DANCE"

Wed Jan 22, 2014 5:03 pm Profile
Wanee Master

NCviper wrote:
Spoken like a true SOS!!

The Viper's last post....spoken like a true gentleman...

Thu Feb 06, 2014 12:39 pm Profile
Wanee Master

NCviper wrote:
GMaC sorry to hear you won't be there this year! {{{{{{{{{healing Vibes}}}}}}}}}} to Jerry and the Vipers have you in our thoughts daily!!

It has always amazed me how a few bad apples can blow up all the good things that this forum has brought to most of us.....my best advice is just ignore those bad apples and keep coming back and chiming in. I have seen them come and go.....once everyone stops responding to the nonsense it seems to go away. Just my two cents.

Two cents, my foot. That advice is worth a million smackers!

"Remember: music is a religion. You have to pray every day."
-- Jose' Luis "Cheo" Pardo, Los Amigos Invisibles

Thu Feb 06, 2014 12:43 pm Profile
 [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next