Last visit was: Sun Nov 23, 2014 10:53 pm It is currently Sun Nov 23, 2014 10:53 pm

[ 26 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Gotta Say 
Wanee Fan

Post Re: Gotta Say
Pre-Wanee era.

Anybody see Ratdog play in the pouring rain with grocery bags on their feet during Great Southern Music Harvest 2003?

Back when there was no A/B campsites on River Rd? 1 big site.

I love this park. It has helped change me. As long as there is music I like being played in this park, I will be there.

:D

Tue Jan 21, 2014 9:30 pm Profile
Wanee Pro

I have to agree with hands and feet are mangos. If you take Skynyrd out of the lineup, most of the hate will go with it. And this is coming from a guy who thought 'Skynyrd??? Really???' I agree with the thought of ever increasing prices and less bands, but I would pay the 200 bucks for it to be JUST the ABB for two nights at SOSMP.

Tue Jan 21, 2014 10:10 pm Profile
Wanee Pro

funkengroovin wrote:
handsNfeetRmangos wrote:
I think that the underwhelming lineup is actually more reason to suspect that this is not the last Wanee. If it was, one would think they would try to use that as a marketing tool, would announce it as such and would bring the fire so to speak when it comes to the lineup.

That being said, I dont think its the planned last Wanee, but depending on how this one goes, things could always change. If there is a massive drop in attendance the promoters may decide it is no longer worth it to put on the fest. Now personally, I dont anticipate that there will be this huge drop off in numbers. Granted its missing one big act to co-headline, but aside from that I think its actually a strong lineup IMO. (Its funny, you take out Lynyrd Skynyrd, just take them out and not even replace them with anyone, and I think the overall outlook on the lineup changes dramatically. ) Plus Wanee and SoS have a certain pedigree. Wanee has become a yearly tradition for many people, and nearly everyone who goes to SoS raves about it and wants to go back. I can personally speak on this when I say that I am going this year only 50% for the music and the other 50% is for the opportunity to spend a weekend surrounded by great people at one of my favorite places on earth.

I really think Wanee will live on, but maybe I am just being unrealistically optimisticc.

Unfortunately, I really think there will be a drop in attendance this year, the last 3 years have been the biggest years but they also featured WSP/Furthur who sold a lot of tickets on their own, I would estimate those two bands brought in 5,000-10,000 unique fans that might not come just for the Brothers and the undercard. Deadheads and Spreadheads are willing to cover a lot of ground and tour along with their respective bands, that draw is just not going to be there this year. I know Furthur brought a lot more people, in my opinion 2012 was the most packed I have seen SOSMP for Wanee.

I like the lineup, I am excited about a lot of it but at the same token I am disappointed with it in many ways. First and foremost that everything about Wanee has gone up in price and without any doubt or question the amount of money they are spending on talent is down considerably. I have no doubt in my mind the budget for talent this year is down at least 20% from last year. I anticipate this will hurt attendance.

I anticipate a 5,000 person drop, I dont think that would be dramatic. That would still leave it as the biggest fest at SoS (I dont know how big the country music fest is but that doesnt count). Now I would consider a 10,000 person drop to be dramatic, which would drop the attendance down to Bear Creek size. I dont see that happening, but then again I could be wrong. I am wrong a lot.

Tue Jan 21, 2014 10:15 pm Profile
Wanee Master

Hulaween ran 2nd this past year at 8000 from what I hear.... Bear Creek was ridiculously small.... half normal, but weather was great and it was the best fest there of last year on all fronts.

ImageImageImage

Tue Jan 21, 2014 10:20 pm Profile
Wanee Master

Bear Creek was awesome.

As far as less attendance this year at Wanee I have no problem with that, I'll be there and I need the elbow room. ;)

Wed Jan 22, 2014 7:06 am Profile
Wanee Lover

Jensen B Gator wrote:
Bear Creek was awesome.

As far as less attendance this year at Wanee I have no problem with that, I'll be there and I need the elbow room. ;)

Not to mention foot room since you have clown sized feet!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Wed Jan 22, 2014 7:43 am Profile
Wanee Master

I'm 6'4" I need big feet to keep me upright

Wed Jan 22, 2014 7:56 am Profile
Wanee Lover

Jensen B Gator wrote:
I'm 6'4" I need big feet to keep me upright

Wed Jan 22, 2014 8:00 am Profile
Wanee Peach

happycamper wrote:
I have to agree with hands and feet are mangos. If you take Skynyrd out of the lineup, most of the hate will go with it. And this is coming from a guy who thought 'Skynyrd??? Really???' I agree with the thought of ever increasing prices and less bands, but I would pay the 200 bucks for it to be JUST the ABB for two nights at SOSMP.

I would too.

Wed Jan 22, 2014 8:41 am Profile
Wanee Veteran

i expect about the same as last yr wanne is nice because you can camp next to the vehicle thats a big plus + plenty of great bands playing this yr

Wed Jan 22, 2014 9:12 am Profile
 [ 26 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next