Last visit was: Wed Aug 20, 2014 12:35 pm It is currently Wed Aug 20, 2014 12:35 pm

[ 11 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 wheelchair ACCESS. 
Wanee Peach

Post wheelchair ACCESS.
I have been to the last 2 Wanee fest. Im in a wheelchair due to polio. Im also 60. The first year at Wanee I hunted for electric to charge my power chair. I also camped with younger folks. Well they want to camp way off the paved RD. SO Here is my remedy.When I go to the diff. stages to hear a band I plug in to the power poles at each stage. So instead of charging my chair over night, I charge during the shows. Its truly a lot easier than the first year...Now to salve my camping spot. Im looking for a place to park my truck. I sleep in it. I would like to have a spot close to the paved RD. If someone has room for me to park I would appreciate it. Me and a friend. one truck.... The reason I ask is I may not get to Wanee until Thur.....Im 60 I like to play music and cookwhen Im not at the stage. I like the fest type gatherings. I dont drink but dont care what anyone else does. I do party.Im not desperate but it would be nice if I knew I had a parking spot. I need 8 foot on my passenger side for my wheelchair lift. and my friends tent. I look forword to hearing from you. I seen a few names on here I recognize, Hey the line up isnt a great one BUT its the WANEE experience and the people. Ive seen The ABB most of my life .I love ABB.PANIC,TTB. thats WANEE. peace....I hope this helps others with same issue I have with my mobility.DONT count on getting a ADA site. Walkers snag those sites rite away.

Tue Jan 21, 2014 3:25 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

Post Re: wheelchair ACCESS.
Camp Volke is just off the paved River road, just past the left turn to Hidden Woods. You are MORE than welcome. There is a building just up the road with outlets on the outside also, should the showtime charges not prove enough.

I can also bring a generator to charge you up, just let me know.

"" I'm not gonna vote for more rules... we go to festivals to get away from most of the idiotic social customs and rules for a time, and be a bit more free than the regular world lets us... keep the rules simple and few, and let kindness rule rather than a rule book... ""

THIS. ↑↑↑↑

Author - Beach Bob - Monday 20 MAY 2013 - 8:22 am
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=10529&start=10&hilit=chairs

Tue Jan 21, 2014 3:32 pm Profile WWW
Wanee Master

Volkemon wrote:
Camp Volke is just off the paved River road, just past the left turn to Hidden Woods. You are MORE than welcome. There is a building just up the road with outlets on the outside also, should the showtime charges not prove enough. I can also bring a generator to charge you up, just let me know

And that is why we get along....might not agree on bands...but we agree to help each other.
Thanks Randall

Tue Jan 21, 2014 4:05 pm Profile
Wanee Master

BRAVO!

Why am I NOT surprised?

"Remember: music is a religion. You have to pray every day."
-- Jose' Luis "Cheo" Pardo, Los Amigos Invisibles

Tue Jan 21, 2014 4:07 pm Profile
Wanee Peach

Thahks Volkman.... That sounds like the ticket. I can bring 100ft.cords.. I also wait and get new batteries about a month before. I appreciate that offer.

Tue Jan 21, 2014 4:30 pm Profile
Wanee Master

Just call him Volt Man now....
happy he was able to help a Brother. :D

Tue Jan 21, 2014 4:36 pm Profile
Wanee Peach

thanks Rivernole.

Tue Jan 21, 2014 4:44 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

Captain Brian may come along with a closer/better offer also. He has QUITE the Ponderosa in W/E member sites going on.

But you are covered now, feel free to improve your condition as others chime in.

"" I'm not gonna vote for more rules... we go to festivals to get away from most of the idiotic social customs and rules for a time, and be a bit more free than the regular world lets us... keep the rules simple and few, and let kindness rule rather than a rule book... ""

THIS. ↑↑↑↑

Tue Jan 21, 2014 4:47 pm Profile WWW
Wanee Peach

thanks Volt man. That sounds great. As you know I may not be around the campsite much. TUNES... but when I am Ill have extra what ever I have. CHERRIES IN SHINE. FOOD, TOOLS.. MUSIC...

Tue Jan 21, 2014 5:14 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

No worries.

You are welcome, you have a guaranteed place.

All I was saying is it is early, and many Sisters and Brothers have yet to chime in. Many cant chat at work like I do. ;)

You may find much more fitting accommodations closer. If they are offered, take them. I will take no offense if a better offer crops up and you take it, so dont hesitate.

I will hunt you down and get a cherry, however. :lol:

THIS. ↑↑↑↑

Tue Jan 21, 2014 5:20 pm Profile WWW
 [ 11 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next