Last visit was: Tue Oct 21, 2014 6:21 am It is currently Tue Oct 21, 2014 6:21 am

[ 14 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Looking for a travel partner 
Wanee Veteran

Post Looking for a travel partner
Tired of doing this whole thing solo. Looking for a like minded person & where better to look than here.

So heres my plan...

I live in philly and im flying into ft lauderdale saturday before wanee and heading straight to key west for a few days. Actually camping out in the dry tortugas at ft jefferson. Never been? Gotta check it out......very cool.

Im gonna spend a few days down there and then on upto wanee by thursday afternoon to get my jam on.

Anybody interested in joining me in the keys & upto wanee?

Mon Jan 27, 2014 8:44 pm Profile
Wanee Master

Post Re: Looking for a travel partner
Of course once you get to Wanee, you're never alone!

Mon Jan 27, 2014 9:04 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

It seems your plan to arrive Wanee on Thursday afternoon might be a late arrival to many. Arrival on Wedneday afternoon is the latest I’d want to arrive and that would be by RV with no tents needed in the set up. Just a suggestion. 8-)

Following the shadows of the skies or are they only figments of my eyes?
And I'm feeling close to where the race is run
Waiting in our boats to set sail, sea of joy

Sun Feb 02, 2014 5:17 pm Profile
Wanee Master

Waneebe wrote:
It seems your plan to arrive Wanee on Thursday afternoon might be a late arrival to many. Arrival on Wedneday afternoon is the latest I’d want to arrive and that would be by RV with no tents needed in the set up. Just a suggestion. 8-)

Wise advice from someone who always arrives on Thursday [%^((

"Remember: music is a religion. You have to pray every day."
-- Jose' Luis "Cheo" Pardo, Los Amigos Invisibles

Sun Feb 02, 2014 9:27 pm Profile
Wanee Master

Let me rephrase. I did not insinuate I am wise (well, a wise-ass, but that's different).

Waneebe's advice was rock-solid.

"Remember: music is a religion. You have to pray every day."
-- Jose' Luis "Cheo" Pardo, Los Amigos Invisibles

Sun Feb 02, 2014 9:28 pm Profile
Wanee Veteran

Ive been to 4 wanees and have never arrived before thursday & ive always found a good comfy, sparsly populated area. Ive got my little wanee camping secret. Since im really coming for ABB, im not gonna miss any music getting there thursday.

Even if you dont join me.....please check out ft jefferson in the dry tortugas.excellent live reefs, world class snorkeling, historic landmark. Very cool place

Sun Feb 02, 2014 9:44 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

Its not about finding a spot, its about the incredible pre-party WEEK and the people you meet. WANEE is a whole different place before the masses get there. It is almost a show in itself watching the place fill up.

"" I'm not gonna vote for more rules... we go to festivals to get away from most of the idiotic social customs and rules for a time, and be a bit more free than the regular world lets us... keep the rules simple and few, and let kindness rule rather than a rule book... ""

THIS. ↑↑↑↑

Author - Beach Bob - Monday 20 MAY 2013 - 8:22 am
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=10529&start=10&hilit=chairs

Mon Feb 03, 2014 5:27 am Profile WWW
Wanee Veteran

Volkemon wrote:
Its not about finding a spot, its about the incredible pre-party WEEK and the people you meet. WANEE is a whole different place before the masses get there. It is almost a show in itself watching the place fill up.

Some day I will make the early trip. I cant this year though. I have always wanted to go down early for the festivities. I do so much in the spring it is hard to get away from work for another day, let alone a week. I will, however, agree that the times I have gone primative and shown up late, I was still able to find a decent spot. One time I even pulled a camper and was able to get it in a good spot.

Mon Feb 03, 2014 9:29 am Profile
Wanee Veteran

Im sure wanee is about many different things to many different people. For me, it more about the music. Im not a huge party person anymore. Dont smoke, barey drink........sometimes, im kinda shy so being around large groups of people i dont really know can be difficult.

I have a small group of friends from ocala who i usually camp with, so im not alone. Im just looking for that really special woman who likes what i do. Its difficult to find her when ur as shy as me (around women). Thats why i posted here.

I do like big andys idea of a singles meet & greet though.

Mon Feb 03, 2014 9:30 am Profile
Wanee Lover

I hear ya Nickyler. I saved vacay time from last year, re-arranged my workweeks before the festy, and am missing Palm Sunday and the one before...a BIG deal to VolkeMom, the choir director.... BUT ITS WORTH IT!!

WANEE!!

@Dave - you posted while I was typing... We have more in common than you think. The fest certainly DOES mean different things to different people. Like many things, its hard to explain the pre-party unless you have been. Then it needs no explanation. Catch 22. :lol:

I have met some of the coolest people in 'the calm before the storm' that I prolly wouldnt have once the crowds were there. Its just so different then. There I go trying to explain again...
:roll:

"" I'm not gonna vote for more rules... we go to festivals to get away from most of the idiotic social customs and rules for a time, and be a bit more free than the regular world lets us... keep the rules simple and few, and let kindness rule rather than a rule book... ""

THIS. ↑↑↑↑

Author - Beach Bob - Monday 20 MAY 2013 - 8:22 am
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=10529&start=10&hilit=chairs

Last edited by Volkemon on Mon Feb 03, 2014 10:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Feb 03, 2014 9:36 am Profile WWW
 [ 14 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next