Last visit was: Wed Nov 26, 2014 3:47 am It is currently Wed Nov 26, 2014 3:47 am

[ 15 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Wanee Newbie needs housing advice/assistance 
Wanee Gnome

Post Wanee Newbie needs housing advice/assistance
Hi, everyone. Because I didn't know I could go to Wanee until now, I tried to find housing a few days ago and cannot get a cabin in the park or a hotel room in Live Oak. I don't want to drive as far as Lake City, but ... ABB on NYE 1971 (Warehouse in NOLA!) was my first of a lifetime of shows and I worship Warren. No time to put off Wanee anymore.

I cannot sleep on the basis of primitive camping. I will be alone, in all likelihood.

Any suggestions, in terms of what to try and hen to try it, for trying to slide into a place in the park or a room in Lake City would be so appreciated!

Thanks for all assistance you can offer.
Allison

Tue Jan 28, 2014 5:39 am Profile
Wanee Lover

Post Re: Wanee Newbie needs housing advice/assistance
Welcome to the forum, Nolafishhead.

Try to stay in the Park. That's where all the fun is!
You are never alone at Wanee. Always a helping hand nearby.

Always Primitive! :D 8-)

Tue Jan 28, 2014 8:46 am Profile
Wanee Veteran

i just saw some brand new tents says 4 people but more like two for only 35$ at a nearby outlet store. put somekind of identification flag over it and your set. the music is only 1/2 the show.

Tue Jan 28, 2014 9:09 am Profile
Wanee Lover

I sleep solo in my 6 person tent with a queen size air mattress.

Primitive doesn't have to be Spartan! 8-)

Tue Jan 28, 2014 9:14 am Profile
Site Admin

I can certainly appreciate the desire for a room and understand that maybe you don't have camp gear available. A suggestion is to check out this hotel and see if they have anything available and if not, ask them and others around the park if there is a waiting list and put yourself on all of them. People cancel all the time and I'm hopeful a room will be available, if that is the route you decide to go.
As others have mentioned, staying at the park is the way to go - if you are prepared with equipment and weather gear.

Hopefully this google map link shows the hotel info - https://www.google.com/maps/preview/pla ... 2be7?hl=en

There is a back road out(136) that cuts through the farms and over to the park.

What is your listening pleasure today? Find it at
AccuRadio

Deep Nuggets on Tunein Radio - Deep Nugs

And don't forget Deep Jams Radio on Tunein Deep Jams Radio

Tue Jan 28, 2014 11:27 am Profile
Wanee Lover

Nolafishhead wrote:
I cannot sleep on the basis of primitive camping. I will be alone, in all likelihood.

Thanks for all assistance you can offer.
Allison

Not sure what you mean there. You may be unaccompanied, but now you are not alone. ;) Welcome.

'Primitive' camping , as mushdaddy pointed out, is not necessarily spartan. And the park and people are as much fun as the music. For me, more. :shock: I could not imagine Wanee in a hotel.

But then again, I have hot and cold running water, 16 sq foot indoor shower, LP gas heat, oven, cooktop, smoker... in primitive camping. VW bus with side tent. With a few others around in the circle. Dont think Primitive is you alone in a tent under a tree in the woods. SOS/BOS is all over, and you may find the campsite community something wonderful.

Oh yes... and FIRE!! Those hotels are SO uptight about fires... :lol:

"" I'm not gonna vote for more rules... we go to festivals to get away from most of the idiotic social customs and rules for a time, and be a bit more free than the regular world lets us... keep the rules simple and few, and let kindness rule rather than a rule book... ""

THIS. ↑↑↑↑

Author - Beach Bob - Monday 20 MAY 2013 - 8:22 am
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=10529&start=10&hilit=chairs

Tue Jan 28, 2014 11:45 am Profile WWW
Site Admin

And for the record Allison - Mrs. waneelover and I stayed at this hotel 9 wanee's ago and had a blast partying with many other festy folks both pre and post show. Do whatever your heart tells you and know there are folks everywhere ready to be there for you.

waneelover wrote:
I can certainly appreciate the desire for a room and understand that maybe you don't have camp gear available. A suggestion is to check out this hotel and see if they have anything available and if not, ask them and others around the park if there is a waiting list and put yourself on all of them. People cancel all the time and I'm hopeful a room will be available, if that is the route you decide to go.
As others have mentioned, staying at the park is the way to go - if you are prepared with equipment and weather gear.

Hopefully this google map link shows the hotel info - https://www.google.com/maps/preview/pla ... 2be7?hl=en

There is a back road out(136) that cuts through the farms and over to the park.

What is your listening pleasure today? Find it at
AccuRadio

Deep Nuggets on Tunein Radio - Deep Nugs

And don't forget Deep Jams Radio on Tunein Deep Jams Radio

Tue Jan 28, 2014 12:00 pm Profile
Wanee Master

If those options do not pan out, PM me. Linda has decided not to go this year, which means i do not need the hotel room I have reserved. Not sure how we could transfer the room to you, but we could try. It is the Best Western just south of I-10 about 7 miles from the park.

"Remember: music is a religion. You have to pray every day."
-- Jose' Luis "Cheo" Pardo, Los Amigos Invisibles

Tue Jan 28, 2014 12:03 pm Profile
Wanee Master

tieyourshoes51 wrote:
If those options do not pan out, PM me. Linda has decided not to go this year, which means i do not need the hotel room I have reserved. Not sure how we could transfer the room to you, but we could try. It is the Best Western just south of I-10 about 7 miles from the park.

Does this mean you'll be camping with the rest of us? Yay!

Tue Jan 28, 2014 12:58 pm Profile
Wanee Fan

tieyourshoes51 wrote:

I think you can call them and tell them your "niece" will be arriving first and she will check in first...and then she can just pay...tell them you are getting delayed by a day...

I pretty much camp solo and never had any issues at any festie...then again, I use my 20x10 tent, my full service gander mountain kitchen complete with sink and spice racks, airmattress and blow up night stands...

Tue Jan 28, 2014 1:24 pm Profile
 [ 15 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next