Last visit was: Thu Sep 18, 2014 9:43 am It is currently Thu Sep 18, 2014 9:43 am

[ 46 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Ticket sales strong? Max capacity? 
Wanee Gnome

Post Ticket sales strong? Max capacity?
Figured I should ask here, because there seems to be a whole lot of people in the know...

How are ticket sales looking thus far, compared to past years?
What's max capacity of park? (heard about 20,000) any chance of selling out?

Already got my early bird ticket, and so excited to return to the best site for music I've ever been to (first visit over 10 years ago) but usually I know at least 25 people from my town going, and so far numbers may be a bit down from my local crew- variety of reasons- money, work, kids on the way, etc...not too many people complaining about line-up, but without WSP (fingers crossed for Thurs) some are holding out, so I thought numbers may be a little down from years past...

BUT...then I spoke with a friend who said he heard tickets were selling fast (b/c Wanee is awesome, and may be last chance to see ABB, etc.) and in fact they may need to cap the number of tickets this year- so a possible sellout? Maybe no gate tickets?

I know it's still early and still tickets available now for those who want them, but a lot of friends wait to the last minute, and I don't want anyone to miss it...I got mine, and my tight crew does too, but like to see a lot of familiar friendly faces too.

Anyone know anything? Or just want to give their gut feeling...

Thu Feb 20, 2014 2:32 am Profile
Wanee Wizard

Post Re: Ticket sales strong? Max capacity?
I know nothing, except that we'll be there! :D

And..................... Welcome the the forum!

Last edited by EnjoyingTheRide on Thu Feb 20, 2014 9:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Feb 20, 2014 9:42 am Profile
Wanee Master

Lakester wrote:
Anyone know anything?

We Know Nothing....
Personally, I think it will hold more than 20,000.
Yes there has been some grumbling about the list of bands....and yes this may be the last time we see ABB as a group at Wanee...so it is hard to say. LN has never released facts about sales in previous years, or this year, that I know of.
Many of us go ....just to be with the friends we have made with each other....the music is just a bonus.

Thu Feb 20, 2014 9:42 am Profile
Wanee Veteran

What is the largest crowd that anyone has seen at Wanee? If you dont know the number then Just put down a year. I thought 2011 and 2012 were pretty big. I didnt go last year but heard it was less. I would be with Rivernole on this too. I think the park could do A LOT more than 20,000. I was gonna guess closer to 30,000 for Further.

Thu Feb 20, 2014 9:46 am Profile
Wanee Master

Rivernole wrote:
Lakester wrote:
Anyone know anything?

We Know Nothing....
Personally, I think it will hold more than 20,000.
Yes there has been some grumbling about the list of bands....and yes this may be the last time we see ABB as a group at Wanee...so it is hard to say. LN has never released facts about sales in previous years, or this year, that I know of.
Many of us go ....just to be with the friends we have made with each other....the music is just a bonus.

Great Sgt. Schultz shout-out, Nole!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=34ag4nkSh7Q

And just how was it that we watched that show and thought, "Oh, those silly Nazis!"

"Remember: music is a religion. You have to pray every day."
-- Jose' Luis "Cheo" Pardo, Los Amigos Invisibles

Thu Feb 20, 2014 10:35 am Profile
Wanee Master

tieyourshoes51 wrote:
And just how was it that we watched that show and thought, "Oh, those silly Nazis!"

Might have been silly comedy...but sad reality.

Thu Feb 20, 2014 11:15 am Profile
Wanee Lover

Welcome to the Wanee Forum, Lakester

IMHO I believe 2012 with Furthur was the largest.
Don't think it will be that big this year, which is fine by me.
But... you just never know.

I seriously doubt it will ever sell out.

Thu Feb 20, 2014 11:27 am Profile
Wanee Pro

I have never heard of SOSMP selling out for anything, they have tons of unused space every year so I want to say that getting tickets later would not be an issue.

I would be really surprised if this year was a high capacity year, sure it is the last run of the ABB but in terms of overall lineup Wanee is a little light on the lineup compared to some of the other festivals they are going to be featured at this year. Peach festival, mountain jam and Lock'n all are going to have monster lineups comparatively and those are just the ones that feature the brothers, I fully expect these festivals to draw some folks away. If someone is looking purely at the bang for the buck Wanee just is not serving up the same kind of talent as these other festivals this year.

I am sure this will be a wonderful Wanee and I cannot wait to go but I really think it will be a smaller crowd this year.

Thu Feb 20, 2014 11:50 am Profile
Wanee Veteran

funkengroovin wrote:
I am sure this will be a wonderful Wanee and I cannot wait to go but I really think it will be a smaller crowd this year.

Agreed. It would take a VERY small crowd for it to be too small. Like probably 4000-5000 people. I have seen it that small for a springfest before, and we still found plenty of people to jam with when riding around. I have seen the crowd too big too i.e. Further. That was a nightmare arriving late, but alot of fun too. Even that year was no where near capacity though. The festival grounds would run out of room long before the campground would.

Thu Feb 20, 2014 12:39 pm Profile
Wanee Pro

nickyler wrote:
funkengroovin wrote:

Agreed. It would take a VERY small crowd for it to be too small. Like probably 4000-5000 people. I have seen it that small for a springfest before, and we still found plenty of people to jam with when riding around. I have seen the crowd too big too i.e. Further. That was a nightmare arriving late, but alot of fun too. Even that year was no where near capacity though. The festival grounds would run out of room long before the campground would.

My early guess for this year is going to be 10,000-15,000 but maybe as much as 18,000 leaning towards the 15,000. I thought Further was the highest capacity I have seen but we have to keep in mind Further brought their own crowd, probably to the tune of at least 7,000-10,000 unique fans, WSP also brings their own draw and I believe they probably brought 5,000-8,000 unique fans. There is no one on the lineup this year besides the brothers who draw those kind of numbers on their own.

Truth be told that is fine by me, the lineup suits my tastes very well and I certainly do not mind shorter lines for the facilities. When Further came it was a chore to use the facilities and they really got mangled.

Thu Feb 20, 2014 12:50 pm Profile
 [ 46 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next