Last visit was: Tue Sep 30, 2014 9:52 am It is currently Tue Sep 30, 2014 9:52 am

[ 51 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 I wanna see some VW Buses/Campers! 
Wanee Gnome

Post I wanna see some VW Buses/Campers!
I'm extremely excited about going to my first Wanee! I'll be driving in my 86 Westfalia and was wondering how many other VWs I could expect to see, or is there an area where they tend to gather like at some other festivals.

I'm a total VW van slut and am just as excited to see some cool vans/camping set ups as I am about all the music. lol

Thu Apr 04, 2013 9:48 am Profile
Wanee Lover

Post Re: I wanna see some VW Buses/Campers!
WOOOOOOO HOOOOO!!

1971 bay window, with a side tent here. :)

Getting there Tuesday AM, would LOVE to save room for any other buses.

Who's in?

BTW - I have been in the VW community for some time, and know of the splitty/bay/vgon divides.. for me, if it has a VW logo on the front, and is boxy, its a bus. Water or Air in its heart. I will celebrate with a Routan. Just another cuz. :) Peace.

"" I'm not gonna vote for more rules... we go to festivals to get away from most of the idiotic social customs and rules for a time, and be a bit more free than the regular world lets us... keep the rules simple and few, and let kindness rule rather than a rule book... ""

THIS. ↑↑↑↑

Author - Beach Bob - Monday 20 MAY 2013 - 8:22 am
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=10529&start=10&hilit=chairs

Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:12 pm Profile WWW
Wanee Fan

Last year I saw several buses down river road on the dirt road that runs along the power lines. There were 4 or 5 all together, just to help you find a spot. I'm not an owner (yet) but I like to check them out.

Happy Wanee :)

Thu Apr 04, 2013 3:09 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

I work for VW so I notice them, there have been quite a few of em there in past years. Some real old gems too, all rusty and ugly but still kicking!!!!! :D

Thu Apr 04, 2013 3:23 pm Profile
Wanee Gnome

Awesome! I'll be arriving first thing Wednesday and will probably end up by the lake. I'll be going with my parents who've been to 2-3 other Wanees, so I'm trusting them with picking the location.

I don't have the side tent, almost bought BusDepot's side tent for Wanee, but went with the large awning instead.

I'm like you Volkemon, I just love VWs in general. Over the years I've owned a gti and my wife had 2 cabriolets. They're all fun cars

Thu Apr 04, 2013 4:15 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

My side tent is a german issue westy tent, same as the US version but NO cloth floor. :idea: I had a friend stationed over there who brought it back. May run a shower/toilet setup off the left side, plans will be finalized this weekend.

I still have no idea where I am gonna camp.

I have been thinking along River road, but that is from a single suggestion. I are still clueless. :)

EDIT_ OMG... I just googled the BusDepot add a room... Wow..

2013 tech SURE makes for a nice product.. but my tent is 20 this year. Time will tell.

"" I'm not gonna vote for more rules... we go to festivals to get away from most of the idiotic social customs and rules for a time, and be a bit more free than the regular world lets us... keep the rules simple and few, and let kindness rule rather than a rule book... ""

THIS. ↑↑↑↑

Thu Apr 04, 2013 4:23 pm Profile WWW
Wanee Lover

:lol: :lol: :lol:

After SEVERAL years in the bag, my side tent is up. I was so sure I was missing pieces at first...stumbled around for a bit, put the shell on inside out.. :roll:

But she is up, and looking fine. Forgot how nice it was, and that I need new stakes.

helowrench wrote:
Harmonica_Dude wrote:
KarenN:

One tip from the "Boy Scout" in the group...
Set up your tent at home for the first time as a practice run.
It helps if you have to set up in the dark!

It also verifies you have all the pegs and poles!

:D

I go a step farther and set up everything I'm going to bring. Even though I've done it a thousand times, I still want to make sure it's all there. You never know what the ninja squirrels might take from you!

↑↑↑ SO true! ↑↑↑ :ugeek:

THIS. ↑↑↑↑

Sun Apr 07, 2013 6:48 am Profile WWW
Wanee Mushroom

Volkemon wrote:
WOOOOOOO HOOOOO!!

BTW - I have been in the VW community for some time, and know of the splitty/bay/vgon divides.. for me, if it has a VW logo on the front, and is boxy, its a bus. Water or Air in its heart. I will celebrate with a Routan. Just another cuz. :) Peace.

One big happy family!!!

We usually just roll into the woods and pop the top. There doesn't seem to be the same kind of VW section that some festivals have. Of course, that makes it all the more fun when you're wandering around and happen to find one. And most of us in this cult are more that happy to share VW stories/give tours.

Sun Apr 07, 2013 8:40 am Profile
Wanee Pro

Love the VW Bus, had two, '65 split window, then a 70. I owned them through the 70's. The 1970 had a fast motor, as we built race buggies back then. What a cool ride. Now a great memory.
I still have a cool bus. Our camper is named Buster. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WOb-h8vrWf4

Sun Apr 07, 2013 8:48 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

Bus is as Bus does. :ugeek:

:mrgreen:

THIS. ↑↑↑↑

Sun Apr 07, 2013 8:51 pm Profile WWW
 [ 51 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next