Last visit was: Sun Nov 23, 2014 8:10 pm It is currently Sun Nov 23, 2014 8:10 pm

[ 13 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 CITIZEN COPE 
Wanee Lover

Post CITIZEN COPE
I heard this band on the Mountain Jam web cast last year and then caught them again on the Bonaroo web cast and really liked them so I downloaded a show of theirs on archive.org and I just can't stop listening to them!!!Music that has some substance, any body else dig this band? or if you havn't heard them I highly recomend you do,not many bands hit me this way!!!!!!

http://mulearmy.proboards.com/index.cgi?

Thu Jun 18, 2009 6:15 pm Profile
Wanee Veteran

Post Re: CITIZEN COPE
Yea ive seen them about 5 times; four with the band and one that was in New Orleans at the House of Blues, a solo acoustic performance that was...whew, that was something else. The lead singer, Clarence Greenwood, is an INTENSELY powerful lyricist, and writes the music as well. I own all their cds as well as about 20 live shows, most you can find on LMA, but some were gifted to me. I posted about them here a while back, but nobody responded so i took that as i dont know who they are. But i know and kev is right, check em out. If you want a really good show, dl 2005-09-20 off of LMA, very good s#%t.

Thu Jun 18, 2009 9:37 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

Do you have a link to LMA and would you recomend live or studio,the band seems really tight so I was thinking that the studio recordings may be really good let me know,Thanks Kevin

Fri Jun 19, 2009 6:17 am Profile
Wanee Veteran

LMA = live music archive, aka archive.org

there are some good ones on there, 2005-09-20 and 2009-01-27 and 29 are some of the best shows/best recordings ive found on there. As your attorney i suggest getting all 3 of their cds, Citizen Cope, Every Waking Moment, and The Clarence Greenwood Recordings.

Fri Jun 19, 2009 8:03 am Profile
Wanee Lover

Im gonna have to look them up when i get home. Because im defitnitly trying to broaden my horizons with music :)

Fri Jun 19, 2009 8:27 am Profile WWW
Wanee Veteran

yea ive been a cope fan for a while now and like kev said, there is just something about this music that is just...u know. I want to say they played wanee before, but not sure, but if you EVER get a chance to see them do it, preferably in a small, intimate venue, but anywhere will do. Now that we seem to have a few people's attention on this topic, maybe more exposure will happen. He brings a girl called Alice Smith (I think its Smith, i know its Alice) and she can belt it, shes worth checking out as well. Just DL the 2005-09-20 show off archive.org and tell me what yall think. Sideways is one of his marquee songs, but about my fav is the trio of 107 degrees > Somehow > John Lennon.

CHECK THIS BAND OUT PEOPLE!!!

Fri Jun 19, 2009 9:05 am Profile
Wanee Veteran

He has played twice at freebird in the last 6 months... I though it was coming soon but I guess it just passed.

Fri Jun 19, 2009 11:17 am Profile
Wanee Peach

kevhic wrote:
I heard this band on the Mountain Jam web cast last year and then caught them again on the Bonaroo web cast and really liked them so I downloaded a show of theirs on archive.org and I just can't stop listening to them!!!Music that has some substance, any body else dig this band? or if you havn't heard them I highly recomend you do,not many bands hit me this way!!!!!!

I caught them at Sunfest in West Palm Beach. I agree with you. I'll post some photos later.

Fri Jun 19, 2009 3:25 pm Profile YIM WWW
Wanee Lover

thedude420 wrote:
LMA = live music archive, aka archive.org

there are some good ones on there, 2005-09-20 and 2009-01-27 and 29 are some of the best shows/best recordings ive found on there. As your attorney i suggest getting all 3 of their cds, Citizen Cope, Every Waking Moment, and The Clarence Greenwood Recordings.

RAOUL DUKE thanks you for sevices!!!!!!!!!!
I downloaded 1-29-09 and will be going to my local cd
store tomorrow

Fri Jun 19, 2009 3:53 pm Profile
Wanee Veteran

Get that 9-20-05 show asap. very good setlist and very good recording. If you can find all 3 cds, get em. Every one is great.

Fri Jun 19, 2009 8:03 pm Profile
 [ 13 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next