Last visit was: Wed Aug 27, 2014 8:52 am It is currently Wed Aug 27, 2014 8:52 am

[ 15 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 noob needs some music help 
Wanee Fan

Post noob needs some music help
i've only gotten into this music scene in the last year to year and a half. i still have so much to learn and discover. two bands that i keep hearing so much about are moe and umphrey's mcgee. i'm not a rich man, so i checked out pirate bay to see what i could find to see if i even liked them, but to my surprise, there was nothing there. where can i find some of their music? what albums should i start with? i'm feeling around in the dark on this one and could use a little guidance.

edit: to clarify, i'm not asking where i can get pirated copies. just looking for some guidance on where to start as far as albums.

Sat Feb 08, 2014 11:51 am Profile
Wanee Veteran

Post Re: noob needs some music help
Hello Sneake, I dont have any of their albums, but if you listen to Jam On sirius xm channel 29, you can hear one or the other about every hour. I too am going to seek new stuff from them. They have both been to Wanee and the shows were stellar!

Sat Feb 08, 2014 12:06 pm Profile
Wanee Gnome

Here's a link w/ a boatload of shows from both bands and many others. Enjoy!

http://archive.org/browse.php?collectio ... %2Fcreator

Sat Feb 08, 2014 12:12 pm Profile
Wanee Gnome

hey sneak, I check out bands on youtube and if I want something I get it on my tablet...google play store...also can preview all the songs there as well ;}

Sat Feb 08, 2014 12:21 pm Profile
Wanee Fan

suntzu wrote:
Hello Sneake, I dont have any of their albums, but if you listen to Jam On sirius xm channel 29, you can hear one or the other about every hour. I too am going to seek new stuff from them. They have both been to Wanee and the shows were stellar!

i wish i had sirius. mabye there is something on iheartradio somewhere...

gypsygirl wrote:
hey sneak, I check out bands on youtube and if I want something I get it on my tablet...google play store...also can preview all the songs there as well ;}

that's a good idea. by previewing i can get at least a tiny idea of what they sound like before spending my hard earned bread

Sat Feb 08, 2014 12:25 pm Profile
Wanee Fan

Check out this on YouTube;

Sick Ass Wappy Sprayberry!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=27KFoMnoQDk

Gettin' High
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xJgtVFKQUb4

Sat Feb 08, 2014 12:32 pm Profile WWW
Wanee Master

You can also listen to many, many bands that you might never have heard before on
panicstream.net

just have to look around the site a little to find the band that you want to listen to. Go into the vault and there are literally hundreds of bands....including the 2 that you listed, I think. You can listen to whole festies such as Wanee also.

Last edited by Rivernole on Sat Feb 08, 2014 1:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Feb 08, 2014 12:52 pm Profile
Wanee Veteran

I have heard Panicstream. ohhhhh the live shows from Wanee! Great stuff 8-)

Sat Feb 08, 2014 1:13 pm Profile
Wanee Fan

i didn't think of panicstream. i used that once last year to download the whole lockn' festival. really neat website.

Sat Feb 08, 2014 1:13 pm Profile
Wanee Fan

my goodness, i totally forgot about my sub to qello.com. they have 4 moe concerts and 1 umph. if you guys have never checked out qello, do yourself a favor. tons and tons of concerts available for streaming from a wide variety of artists. $5 a month, but seems like a hell of a deal to me. oh, and when i say streaming, i mean streaming of video, not just audio.

Sat Feb 08, 2014 1:20 pm Profile
 [ 15 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next