Last visit was: Wed Jul 30, 2014 11:24 pm It is currently Wed Jul 30, 2014 11:24 pm

[ 26 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Extra space... 
Wanee Pro

Post Extra space...
Hoping to find someone in the reserved camping area who might have some extra space for a couple of extra people this year. My wife and I usually camp out past the bat field which is pretty good jog from both stages and we recently found out my wife is pregnant, she still really wants to go but is a little concerned about the long walk and lack of real rest rooms in that area. We usually get in afternoonish on Thursday and have trouble finding anything close so we end up in the woods past the bat house.

If anyone has any extra space at their site for us we would be glad to share expenses.

Tue Feb 11, 2014 5:05 pm Profile
Wanee Veteran

Post Re: Extra space...
Just rent a Golf Cart. It adds a whole new element to the show, and the park. There was good info on one of these threads. My wife went to Magfest 4 days before our son was born. Couldn't have done it without the cart.

Just looked. "Golf Cart" thread. Pages 2,3,4

Wed Feb 12, 2014 12:16 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

IIRC, renting a cart at the park is $375 + $100 deposit. Renting from an outside party may run $60-80 / day plus the $200 fee to enter..

That may be a bit much for many people's budget, especially with a child coming. Offering to split fees may be much more economical.

"" I'm not gonna vote for more rules... we go to festivals to get away from most of the idiotic social customs and rules for a time, and be a bit more free than the regular world lets us... keep the rules simple and few, and let kindness rule rather than a rule book... ""

THIS. ↑↑↑↑

Author - Beach Bob - Monday 20 MAY 2013 - 8:22 am
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=10529&start=10&hilit=chairs

Wed Feb 12, 2014 12:24 pm Profile WWW
Wanee Veteran

Yeah its a shame they cant waive that trail fee for a pregnant woman. If only she had a temorary handicap permit issued to her by her OB due to back pain, anemia, shortness of breath, or any number of issues dealing with pregnancy.

Wed Feb 12, 2014 12:56 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

Now THAT is a winning idea... :idea:

"" I'm not gonna vote for more rules... we go to festivals to get away from most of the idiotic social customs and rules for a time, and be a bit more free than the regular world lets us... keep the rules simple and few, and let kindness rule rather than a rule book... ""

THIS. ↑↑↑↑

Author - Beach Bob - Monday 20 MAY 2013 - 8:22 am
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=10529&start=10&hilit=chairs

Wed Feb 12, 2014 1:01 pm Profile WWW
Wanee Pro

Thought about the golf cart, just too expensive and quite frankly we would never get the use out of it, we spend most of the day at the stages. It would be awesome if it were cheaper. We were really hoping a kind soul would have some extra space closer to the stages that seems like it would work out the best.

Wed Feb 12, 2014 1:52 pm Profile
Wanee Mushroom

Hey Funkengroovin,
I may can set you up with some space closer to the stages. Are you talking about pitching a tent, etc.
1 of my buddies that usually pitches a tent by me isn't going to make it this year. It is actually a small wooded space behind me that is a perfect little secluded spot. Good for sleeping at night anyways. I understand the pregnant wife issue. Pregnant wife and I were down there years ago at festival. If momma ain't happy, makes for long weekend. LOL My wife don't go to WANEE with me. It is me, stepson, his girl and couple buddies. Stepson and his girl pitch tent. Me and 2 buddies in my RV. We will have 2 golf carts also. So may can give you ride here and there.
It is straight shot down river road on the left. Less than half the walk from past the bat house. Let me know. PM me and we can chat more. Happy to help out.

Wed Feb 12, 2014 2:42 pm Profile
Wanee Master

Breezeman wrote:
Hey Funkengroovin,
I may can set you up with some space closer to the stages. Are you talking about pitching a tent, etc.
1 of my buddies that usually pitches a tent by me isn't going to make it this year. It is actually a small wooded space behind me that is a perfect little secluded spot. Good for sleeping at night anyways. I understand the pregnant wife issue. Pregnant wife and I were down there years ago at festival. If momma ain't happy, makes for long weekend. LOL My wife don't go to WANEE with me. It is me, stepson, his girl and couple buddies. Stepson and his girl pitch tent. Me and 2 buddies in my RV. We will have 2 golf carts also. So may can give you ride here and there.
It is straight shot down river road on the left. Less than half the walk from past the bat house. Let me know. PM me and we can chat more. Happy to help out.

Don't you just love the Wanee Love :!: :!: :!:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nm039Hw45aw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_FCQwv82 ... r_embedded

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NBo_POKv21w

Wed Feb 12, 2014 2:51 pm Profile WWW
Wanee Master

Ask and you shall receive on here.
Thank you for helping a Sister out Breezeman
:D

Wed Feb 12, 2014 2:57 pm Profile
Wanee Pro