Last visit was: Sat Nov 29, 2014 2:15 am It is currently Sat Nov 29, 2014 2:15 am

[ 252 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 26  Next
 lockn???? 
Wanee Peach

Post lockn????
We we're thinking about going to lockn but on the website they list alot of rules.1case of beer no hard liquor is this for real??? I know they have to post rules but what I wanna know is do they enforce them???? Anyone know???

Sat Feb 15, 2014 6:12 pm Profile
Wanee Fan

Post Re: lockn????
they did a pretty decent search last year. no dogs or anything, but made you take your coolers out and open them. i brought in two cases of beer and a couple bottles of liquor no problem last year. just stash them a little bit and make it known that you are aware of the rules. i just put the stuff at the bottom of my trunk and piled on my tent and bags and all that other stuff. they aren't going to make you take everything out.
one thing they do enforce pretty strongly is the no glass thing. i saw them taking out cases of beer in bottles. just bring a couple 24 packs of canned beer and a couple bottles of well hidden liquor and you'll be fine.

Sat Feb 15, 2014 7:00 pm Profile
Wanee Fan

i went back and read the info section and it says you are allowed a bottle of liquor. it's weird wording. it says no hard liquors, then says you are allowed a bottle of liquor. either way, shouldnt be a problem.

Sat Feb 15, 2014 7:05 pm Profile
Wanee Peach

Cool thanks.I'm still leaning more towards the peach fest but if it works out hopefully can do both.better start making some money lockn looks pretty pricey but its the brothers I can't help myself. :D

Sat Feb 15, 2014 7:12 pm Profile
Wanee Fan

put in some ot. do both. i'm a little partial to lockn' since it's only 2 hours from my house, but it's a really amazing venue. the shanendoah valley is a great place to have a fest and the weather in september in va is awesome. warm during the day and cool at night.

Sat Feb 15, 2014 7:59 pm Profile
Wanee Peach

sneake wrote:
put in some ot. do both. i'm a little partial to lockn' since it's only 2 hours from my house, but it's a really amazing venue. the shanendoah valley is a great place to have a fest and the weather in september in va is awesome. warm during the day and cool at night.

I do landscaping so no ot right now but spring is coming 8-) im only 3hrs away in winston salem so travels no big deal n I love me some road trippin

Sat Feb 15, 2014 8:25 pm Profile
Wanee Mushroom

Phases of the Moon for me. Closer and cheaper. Locken was great last year though. They were only concerned with glass when I was searched so hide that liquor bottle under a fully packed trunk and I mean pack it like crazy! BTW if any of you are young but not in college buy the student pass anyway bc they were not checking student IDs.

Sat Feb 15, 2014 9:10 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

The search by the time we got to the gate consisted of a guy asking me if I had any drugs he needed to know about? No. Any glass? No. Ok have a nice day. I expect next year to be somewhere in between the two extremes.

Sun Feb 16, 2014 4:02 pm Profile
Wanee Master

They searched Harmonica Dude's RV top to bottom, he lives in it so there was glass everywhere, including beers in the fridge, also my jar of pickles from Brandi. They even went in the shower. The searcher just said to make sure the bottles didn't leave the campsite. Easy peasy.

Sun Feb 16, 2014 4:38 pm Profile
Wanee Peach

tabernacle1225 wrote:
Phases of the Moon for me. Closer and cheaper. Locken was great last year though. They were only concerned with glass when I was searched so hide that liquor bottle under a fully packed trunk and I mean pack it like crazy! BTW if any of you are young but not in college buy the student pass anyway bc they were not checking student IDs.

I'm liking this phases of the moon festival. So many festivals I've learned about since getting on this forum. Do the brothers usually play this?

Sun Feb 16, 2014 6:22 pm Profile
 [ 252 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 26  Next