Last visit was: Wed Oct 22, 2014 9:53 am It is currently Wed Oct 22, 2014 9:53 am

[ 252 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 26  Next
 lockn???? 
Wanee Wizard

Post Re: lockn????
marley1311 wrote:
I'm liking this phases of the moon festival. So many festivals I've learned about since getting on this forum. Do the brothers usually play this?

This is the first for Phases of the Moon... If it wasn't the weekend after Lockn' I'd consider...

Sun Feb 16, 2014 6:33 pm Profile
Wanee Fan

tabernacle1225 wrote:
Phases of the Moon for me. Closer and cheaper. Locken was great last year though. They were only concerned with glass when I was searched so hide that liquor bottle under a fully packed trunk and I mean pack it like crazy! BTW if any of you are young but not in college buy the student pass anyway bc they were not checking student IDs.

cheaper for a reason, just sayin. lockn' looks to have another insane lineup this year. im confident they'll be able to get nych to show up. i mean, it'll be one of the last shows for nych AND abb. how can you possibly pass that up? and with the lockn' theme of interlocking musical acts, who's to say they won't play together? sounds like a once in a lifetime sort of event

Sun Feb 16, 2014 7:07 pm Profile
Wanee Wizard

A little light reading regarding Lockn' from The News Virginian dated 2/15/14.

http://www.dailyprogress.com/newsvirgin ... f6878.html

Sun Feb 16, 2014 7:14 pm Profile
Wanee Fan

marley1311 wrote:
We we're thinking about going to lockn but on the website they list alot of rules.1case of beer no hard liquor is this for real??? I know they have to post rules but what I wanna know is do they enforce them???? Anyone know???

When I went there last year I was just as concerned as you are about how hard they were going to be during the security part of the admission. I was one of the first thru the gate and they kind of poked around but they didn't spend a lot of time looking. When they asked me about a small 2 by 4 that I had, I told them it was my hammer, since real hammers weren't allowed.
I just made sure I had no glass, basically. (except the quart I had rolled in my sleeping bag)

Gettin' High
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xJgtVFKQUb4

Sun Feb 16, 2014 9:26 pm Profile WWW
Wanee Mushroom

I live in illinois and am expecting some collaboration such as lockn has. Plus I'm very interested in this Lunar Landing Conspiracy ideas. Both festivals will be impossible.

Mon Feb 17, 2014 2:31 am Profile
Wanee Lover

Lockn' was great musically but something about it didn't sit well with me. 10 bucks for a bag of ice inside, noone know what was going on, the security coming in. I am glad i went but i probably wont be making that drive again.

I am sure they ironed out some of the problems they had last yr being a first time fest, but the SOS has spoiled me. Lockn' seemed more about the money.

Mon Feb 17, 2014 9:16 am Profile
Wanee Peach

scotydog826 wrote:
Lockn' was great musically but something about it didn't sit well with me. 10 bucks for a bag of ice inside, noone know what was going on, the security coming in. I am glad i went but i probably wont be making that drive again.

I am sure they ironed out some of the problems they had last yr being a first time fest, but the SOS has spoiled me. Lockn' seemed more about the money.

That's what i thought. Looked like it was a money show. If its worth it ill def spend the money. I love shows like xmas jamz where its more about donations to habitat for humanity then making money on $10 ice. I have seizures so the part about security not knowing what going on kinda scares me :shock:

Mon Feb 17, 2014 10:10 am Profile
Wanee Fan

they seem to be well aware of the problems everyone is concerned about and have promised to make a concerted effort to fix them this year. concerning the cost, i can understand it from both points of view. first time fest, so they had to try to make some money if they wanted it to be an annual thing. as far as the ice, i bet they contracted that out to some company who then charged whatever they felt like. do yourself a favor and properly pack a cooler with some dry ice. i got one bag of ice last year and probably didn't even HAVE to get that one.
for anyone with questions on how to pack a cooler with dry ice, check out this thread:
http://lockn.proboards.com/thread/208/pack-dry-ice

Mon Feb 17, 2014 11:40 am Profile
Wanee Master

That was a wealth of good information. Might try it at Wanee this year.

Mon Feb 17, 2014 11:53 am Profile
Wanee Fan

Rivernole wrote:
That was a wealth of good information. Might try it at Wanee this year.

trust me, you won't regret it. it really does work like a charm. it will save you a ton of money from not having to buy lots of ice at the festival, and will also save you the hike to and from the ice vendor. it also helps keep everything from getting really soggy. don't expect there to be no melting, but it is highly efficient. i packed my cooler wed night and the last of my dry ice was gone by saturday sometime.

Mon Feb 17, 2014 12:46 pm Profile
 [ 252 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 26  Next