Last visit was: Sat Dec 20, 2014 8:14 am It is currently Sat Dec 20, 2014 8:14 am

[ 34 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Gregg says he's ready for Wanee 
Wanee Mushroom

Post Gregg says he's ready for Wanee
http://www.pollstar.com/news_article.aspx?ID=810445

Tue Apr 08, 2014 5:45 pm Profile
Wanee Master

Post Re: Gregg says he's ready for Wanee
Thank you very much for all these reports. They certainly help to disspell all of the silly rumors.

"Remember: music is a religion. You have to pray every day."
-- Jose' Luis "Cheo" Pardo, Los Amigos Invisibles

Wed Apr 09, 2014 8:21 am Profile
Wanee Veteran

jbstylez wrote:
No offense but the band is large and he is the only allman.... can't they go on without him for a few nights. Someone can play for him and the band knows the songs. Also... who cares what a doctor says... how does he feel? Sounds like he's playing but I wonder if a year off would be relaxing. Don't know him from a hole in the wall but sometimes I wonder why the allman machine keeps pumping. He doesn't even look like himself anymore and its like the most pumped up almost cover band ever. Sometimes I almost grit my teeth while he tries to keep up. No offense and godspeed.

The More You Post..... The less likely you are to find a ride.
Just Sayin'

Wed Apr 09, 2014 10:28 am Profile
Wanee Veteran

jbstylez wrote:
No offense but the band is large and he is the only allman.... can't they go on without him for a few nights. Someone can play for him and the band knows the songs. Also... who cares what a doctor says... how does he feel? Sounds like he's playing but I wonder if a year off would be relaxing. Don't know him from a hole in the wall but sometimes I wonder why the allman machine keeps pumping. He doesn't even look like himself anymore and its like the most pumped up almost cover band ever. Sometimes I almost grit my teeth while he tries to keep up. No offense and godspeed.

No offense but allow me to make several offensive comments. Good luck with that ride, you are going to need it.

Wed Apr 09, 2014 10:52 am Profile
Wanee Veteran

Two people are leaving cause they have been in the band for 15 and 25 years and want to play their own music.... If they weren't "a good fit" doubt they would make it that long.

:roll: Your overly defensive stance is not a good look. Everyone IS entitled to their own opinion. Including you, and including other people on the board.

Wed Apr 09, 2014 11:07 am Profile
Wanee Veteran

jbstylez wrote:
good luck with that ride!!

honest comments, greggs health... affects his performance... band is breaking up. they are not paying me to love them. love is everywhere, but so is truth. and so is hate. you pick which one you want.

you all had a choice. make money, help a sister out. you chose the side of a festival that isn't going to pay you.

Here is the thing whether you see it or not this is an Allman festival and your original and subsequent comments somehow manages to alienate you from 90% of the good folks heading out to wanee, you know those same people you are asking for help from. Call me crazy but it just is not a good look. So yes good luck finding a ride although you managed to insult many of the very people you are asking for help.

Wed Apr 09, 2014 11:29 am Profile
Wanee Veteran

It has often been my experience that people who go around calling themselves a "real person" are trying their hardest to become one. People who are actually comfortable with themselves don't need to label themselves. This world is full of "fake people" who follow along in society blindly and never discover their own path. If deciding between the two is your biggest goal then you really have accomplished nothing. Getting on a forum that is for the most part full of like minded people and insulting the symbol of their like mindedness is not going to get you anywhere(edit: Literally!). You are entitled to your opinions. Never let anyone take that away from you. Maybe learn when to shut up though. Especially when it benfits you. Good luck.

Oh and BTW. They would/will play without Gregg. It happens all the time. Some people do come to see Gregg though. Regardless of the product he is putting out. Especially on his last run. I saw Richie Havens a few years ago. If he was an aspiring new artist I would have said it was terrible. Looking back, it was an amazing experience. FREEDOM! FREEDOM!

P.S. I am driving right through Orlando. Not Stopping

Wed Apr 09, 2014 11:38 am Profile
Wanee Veteran

You may be right. Some would agree with you that Gregg is old and he sucks now. They would probably also drive themselves.... Somewhere else.... I was simply, from the onset of your whole troll here, pointing out hte fact that you were not helping your ride chances.

However, after all this, I have no doubt now that someone will PM you and offer you a ride. Happy Wanee!

Wed Apr 09, 2014 12:28 pm Profile
Wanee Veteran

The bottom line is that you don't come into someones house and s#%t on their couch..... its bad manners....

Wed Apr 09, 2014 12:32 pm Profile
Wanee Veteran

Nasty Nate wrote:
The bottom line is that you don't come into someones house and s#%t on their couch..... its bad manners....

Someone $#!T on the coats!

Wed Apr 09, 2014 12:34 pm Profile
 [ 34 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next