Last visit was: Fri Aug 01, 2014 5:53 am It is currently Fri Aug 01, 2014 5:53 am

[ 15 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 R.I.P. Paco De Lucia 
Wanee Lover

Post Re: R.I.P. Paco De Lucia
petewhit wrote:
Reverend you have seen more cool music of yesteryear. unbelievable! I had the opportunity to see the original Dixie Dregs lineup one time. In 1981 opening for guess who? The Atlanta Rhythm Section along with a guy we are going to hear at Wanee. The Johnny Van Zant Band! Should have been reversed as far as I'm concerned. I have to ask, we're you lucky enough to hear the original Mahavishnu Orchestra? I bet the answer is yes.

I am a blessed man and know it! Not boasting, just testifying!

I saw the Dixie Dregs a bunch of times in the late 70's and early 80's with violinists Alan Sloan, Jerry Goodman, and Mark O'Connor, and bassist Andy West. West's was the first guitar that I ever saw that didn't have tuning knobs and he was as amazing as the rest, Morse, T. Lavitz, Rod Morganstein!

After seeing those violin greats, I became a great fan of the violin, and after hearing Jean Luc Ponty with Zappa and the Mothers, I went to see the Mahavishnu orchestra on the Riverboat President in New Orleans. There are no words to describe that magical experience. I don't know how I broke away, but during one of Billy Cobham's solos my brother and I went up to the top deck for a safety meeting and was joined by the Mahavishnu himself. Hooked.

Speaking of ARS, when I was in high school, I used to sneak over to Atlanta for the Champagne Jam, and rock my southern soul! I got to meet Maggot (Paul Goddard) their bassist the first time and he got me passes to see all of the Champagne Jams. :D

Obviously I can go on and on, but again, let me say that I am blessed.

Thu Feb 27, 2014 5:10 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

Hopefully, I will see you at Wanee as I did at Bear Creek and we can sit down over a few beers and you can just start talking. :D

Thu Feb 27, 2014 5:14 pm Profile
Wanee Master

talking????....More like Confessing...

Thu Feb 27, 2014 5:20 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

Rivernole wrote:
talking????....More like Confessing...

Not guilty your honor! I enjoyed every second of it! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thu Feb 27, 2014 5:22 pm Profile
Wanee Master