Last visit was: Thu Nov 27, 2014 4:50 pm It is currently Thu Nov 27, 2014 4:50 pm

[ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Robbed in NY 
Wanee Lover

Post Robbed in NY
So I just needed to get this out!

So for those of you that dont know. I work for Washington Mutual Bank here in Long Island.

Today at 3:25pm there was a armed robbery at my branch. I just have to say, it was the scariest thing that has ever happened to me!

If anybody works for a bank, i hope if this ever happens to you, that you keep your cool the way i did. I freaked out when it was over.

Guy and Girl walked into my bank at 320pm and demanded all our money. When i realized my teller was being robbed, i took over the sitation and did the proper robbery procedures. Gave the man to money and got him out of my store. Finally at 930pm after being with the police i finally got home. It was probaly the worst day ive ever had working at wamu, but i got thru it.....

Im now looking forward to the peace and serenity of the next festival...I would like to thank my wanee peace of mind for keeping my coool and getting thru my armed robbery...

Thank You all for giving great memories to fall back on in very scary times

Fri Jun 19, 2009 11:19 pm Profile WWW
Wanee Lover

Location: SWFLwhere Gregg,Matt,Dickey and several others lived and still live!
Post Re: Robbed in NY
:shock: WOW Bello, Thank the Good Lord you kept your cool and didn't panic!!! And that you are safe! Sorry to hear that happened!! Before Wanee and right after the same bank was robbed here in town and my daughter was at the intersection both times(on the way to get the truck fixed!!) The first robber was lying in the street all bloodied up and swat teams all over the place with their guns etc.. she was freakin out!! I told her to go a different route next time as they will look at the footage of the nearby businesses and see my truck in all the tapes!! :o They need to hire plain closed cops to work these banks it is happening almost everday here!! This is a fairly small community too? I can just imagine what it is like in NY!!??? :( But if you had not reamained COOL then that is when sometimes these jerks freak on you!! Peace and Love and positive VIBES your way!!!! ;)

Fri Jun 19, 2009 11:49 pm Profile
Wanee Master

Wow belloefelice, glad to see you got through it ok! These days and times I'm seeing little old ladys desperate and robbing banks also. I think you are going to see more of that do to the economic times.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nm039Hw45aw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_FCQwv82 ... r_embedded

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NBo_POKv21w

Last edited by Dartdog82 on Mon Jun 22, 2009 7:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Jun 20, 2009 3:36 am Profile WWW
Wanee Wizard

THAT IS HORRIBLE!! :o I am so glad no one was hurt!! BAD PEOPLE SUUUUUCK!!

One of our attorneys from our Orange County office and a summer associate flew into Kansas City on Thursday night, arrived late and rented a car. They took a wrong highway and instead of heading into downtown KC they ended up in Kansas City KANSAS..not a nice place to be. They stopped at a BP, went inside for something to drink and directions, and came out to a man with a shotgun. He demanded the keys to the car, jacked the car along with everything they had, purse, wallet, luggage..and the rental car. HORRIFYING. they had no ID to get them back on the plane home.

as I said...bad people SUUUUCK!! :evil:

Sat Jun 20, 2009 10:27 am Profile
Site Admin

So glad you kept your cool during it and everything turned out okay.

Things are just getting worse everyday. I have a concealed carry permit and do not hesitate at all to carry when we go out. We have spent plenty of time on the range and mrs waneelover looooves putting rounds down range with her 45. You just never know what the day is going to deal you.

What is your listening pleasure today? Find it at
AccuRadio

Deep Nuggets on Tunein Radio - Deep Nugs

And don't forget Deep Jams Radio on Tunein Deep Jams Radio

Sat Jun 20, 2009 10:49 am Profile
Wanee Lover

Oh my gosh Bello! That is crazy!!! So glad that you and all that work with you are safe. Thank goodness for that Wanee calm. I have had it too since the festival. Just try to get me riled up....and if an armed robbery can't rattle you while it is happening I say they need to bottle that s#%t and sell it. :) good work girl! :)

Sat Jun 20, 2009 10:52 am Profile
Wanee Demi-God

Thankfull that you are safe and sound, although shaken! I'm with Owly on this ........BAD PEOPLE SUCK!! :evil:

THE "MRS. VIPER DANCE"

Sat Jun 20, 2009 1:11 pm Profile
Wanee Fan

Bell, what amazing courage to take control and keep your colleagues and customers safe. They were blessed to have you with them.
You rock!!!!!

Sat Jun 20, 2009 10:22 pm Profile
Wanee Master

I'm so sorry to hear about this awful event. Thank goodness everyone is safe and you were able to keep your head. Hopefully you did something relaxing when you got home...

Sun Jun 21, 2009 1:43 am Profile
Wanee Lover

AndieBee wrote:
I'm so sorry to hear about this awful event. Thank goodness everyone is safe and you were able to keep your head. Hopefully you did something relaxing when you got home...

I drank a entire bottle of wine! Woot :)

Bad people do suck!
Heres the article on the robbery.

An upstate man suspected of robbing three banks with a weapon was arrested Friday after he jumped into the Massapequa River in an effort to avoid capture, police said.

Two Calverton teenagers who were with him also were arrested, police said.

David Freeland, 22, of Schenectady, was charged with three counts of robbery and criminal use of a firearm as were the two teens -- Victoria Wiechow, 18, of Hillrise Court and Monroe Nash, 17, of Hill Court.

Freeland is also charged with robbery in connection with a Washington Mutual Bank in Bethpage that was robbed June 9, police said.

All three were scheduled to be arraigned Saturday in First District Court in Hempstead.

In less than three hours Friday, police said, the trio hit up three banks.

Around 3:28 p.m. Friday, Wiechow and Nash entered a Washington Mutual Bank in Wantagh and Nash demanded money from a teller while displaying a handgun in his waistband, police said. They received an undetermined amount of money and fled on foot to Freeland's waiting car, police said. (This is my bank)

At 4:40 p.m., Wiechow and Nash robbed a Capital One Bank in East Meadow in the same manner and fled with Freeland in the getaway car, police said.

Around 5:55 p.m. Wiechow and Freeland went a TD Bank in Massapequa , and Freeland displayed the weapon to a teller, demanding money, police said.

They fled after receiving an undisclosed amount and were seen entering a car with Texas plates, which was located and stopped by officers on Lafayette Place in Massapequa, police said.

Freeland fled and jumped into the Massapequa River at the end of Lafayette Place, but officers were able to lift him out of the canal and arrested him without further incident.

Sun Jun 21, 2009 1:35 pm Profile WWW
 [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next