Last visit was: Wed Nov 26, 2014 10:03 am It is currently Wed Nov 26, 2014 10:03 am

[ 36 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Arriving to campground late 
Wanee Gnome

Post Arriving to campground late
I have read through and see similar questions, but not exactly what we are trying to figure out...
We are going to be flying home to Atlanta from Phoenix on Thursday morning, jumping into the packed car and heading down. We are first timers to Wanee, and with our 6 year old daughter. We don't anticipate arriving to campground until roughly 10pm on Thursday night. Will it be possible to ck in then? Will it be difficult to find a nice camping spot? Will we even be able to get around the campground well after dark? Any suggestion on best location for camping with kids? Sorry for all of the questions and Thanks for any advice! We are so excited!

Fri Mar 07, 2014 10:44 pm Profile
Wanee Fan

Post Re: Arriving to campground late
Welcome to the forum Sparks!
This is going to be my first Wanee but I believe you will be able to check in after 10pm no problem. Not sure about how many good camping spots will be left, or camping area's with kids, but there are some really good Wanee Veterans here that I'm sure can answer those questions for you.

Gettin' High
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xJgtVFKQUb4

Sat Mar 08, 2014 1:20 am Profile WWW
Wanee Master

The earleyer you arrive the more space you have :!: :D 8-)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nm039Hw45aw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_FCQwv82 ... r_embedded

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NBo_POKv21w

Sat Mar 08, 2014 1:33 am Profile WWW
Wanee Master

Welcome to the Forum Sparks.

You will be able to check in 24 hour gate, finding a decent camping spot on Thursday night is going to be a challenge.

Good luck and have a Merry Wanee. 8-)

Sat Mar 08, 2014 7:35 am Profile
Wanee Master

Hello and welcome! Checking in will be a breeze! Finding a spot in the dark on Thirsday might be tricky, but don't be discouraged. Is doable. Do you know anyone else coming? They could save you some real estate.

Sat Mar 08, 2014 7:52 am Profile
Wanee Lover

We'll keep the lights on, but please be quiet as we will all be asleep by then! :lol:

Sat Mar 08, 2014 8:30 am Profile
Wanee Lover

ReverendHugh wrote:
We'll keep the lights on, but please be quiet as we will all be asleep by then! :lol:

Ummmmm Rev, I think they meant 10 at night, not 10 in the morning!

Sat Mar 08, 2014 8:40 am Profile
Wanee Master

Thursday night around the middle of Call Me The Breeze :twisted:

Sat Mar 08, 2014 10:02 am Profile
Wanee Lover

Given your circumstances it’s obvious an earlier arrival isn’t possible. What is your camping situation... RV, travel trailer, pop-up camper, or tent? Movement through the park at that hour will be difficult at best. If you have friends attending that can save you a spot then at least you will have a sense of direction upon arrival. If not, continue to seek out help through this forum. Lots of friendly’s here.

Good luck and Wanee on.

Following the shadows of the skies or are they only figments of my eyes?
And I'm feeling close to where the race is run
Waiting in our boats to set sail, sea of joy

Sat Mar 08, 2014 11:43 am Profile
Wanee Pro

I think the dark will be more of an issue than lack of space. I have a suspicion that there will be plenty of space this year. Granted, arriving at that time will likely prevent you from getting anything at the lake or other prime spots, but with a 6 year old you likely wouldnt be camping at the lake anyways. Since its going to be dark, Id say take the path of least resistance. Follow the roads to one of the field areas and camp there. You likely be able to find some real estate without much of a problem. The other option is to not fully set up on Thursday, just keep it simple find a spot and throw up the tent. You can then drive around Fri AM when its light out and find a site that more suites you needs/preferences.

Sat Mar 08, 2014 12:00 pm Profile
 [ 36 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next