Last visit was: Fri Sep 19, 2014 9:55 pm It is currently Fri Sep 19, 2014 9:55 pm

[ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Arriving to campground late 
Wanee Lover

Post Re: Arriving to campground late
Agreed^^^^^, if you get there at 10 (pm) things are going to be going full out. If you can, probably your best shot would be to settle for the night wherever you can and get up early in the morning when a majority of the people will still be sleeping it off. At 10 pm you wont be able to see much, and they may point you in a certain direction anyway. If you start in the am you shouldnt have a problem finding a good spot to settle into.

Sat Mar 08, 2014 1:01 pm Profile
Wanee Gnome

Y'all are all amazing. Thanks so much for all the advice. As of right now, we don't know anyone going. We have invited some people, but no commitments yet. We would love if we could find someone to save a space. We are coming in a Honda Element, with attachable tent. The idea of finding space, and just sleeping in car or something may be an idea, then set up in the morning. What time do shows usually start? Any additional thoughts would be welcome. We're committed, and going to make the best of it! It will be awesome regardless, I'm sure.

Sat Mar 08, 2014 2:27 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

Friday & Saturday shows start at 11AM.

Following the shadows of the skies or are they only figments of my eyes?
And I'm feeling close to where the race is run
Waiting in our boats to set sail, sea of joy

Sat Mar 08, 2014 2:40 pm Profile
Wanee Fan

so what i'm taking from this is that it would probably be a better idea for me (leaving from richmond, va on wednesday) to leave at midnight and get there around 10am than to leave from work and get there at 3 or 4? if i pitch a tent in the middle of the night, i know myself and ill be too lazy to relocate in the morning, haha.

Sat Mar 08, 2014 3:17 pm Profile
Wanee Master

If you get there at 10AM on Thursday you'll be able to make the meet and greet at Waneetopia 8-)

Sat Mar 08, 2014 6:22 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

Get there at 3-4 AM and get a few hours rest wherever. You’ll be grateful for those few extra hours rest before the party starts.

Following the shadows of the skies or are they only figments of my eyes?
And I'm feeling close to where the race is run
Waiting in our boats to set sail, sea of joy

Sat Mar 08, 2014 7:35 pm Profile
Wanee Fan

I agree with the idea of just finding a flat spot, popping up the tent, and taking out just enough to get through the night - then get up the next morning & go find your permanent spot.

My first time to the campground was for Magfest 2 years ago. I got there in the middle of the afternoon, and it still took me quite awhile to figure out where I was going (we were meeting friends who'd already set up camp). I'd guess I drove around for 1/2 an hour before finding them; it's not easy to figure out where to go when you've never been to the place. I can't imagine trying to do it in the dark, during the festival, with lots of people roaming around strolling to/from the shows.

Sun Mar 09, 2014 10:57 am Profile
Wanee Pro

sneake wrote:
so what i'm taking from this is that it would probably be a better idea for me (leaving from richmond, va on wednesday) to leave at midnight and get there around 10am than to leave from work and get there at 3 or 4? if i pitch a tent in the middle of the night, i know myself and ill be too lazy to relocate in the morning, haha.

Certainly your call, but remember you are likely going to be getting very little sleep on Thursday/Fri/Sat so do you really want an additional night of zero hours of sleep before the party even starts? Maybe Im just getting old (Im actually not very old), but to me a good nights rest on the night before the start of a festival really can be crucial. If I were you Id consider leaving directly from work, doing the bulk of the drive then grabbing a cheap hotel for the night. Wake up on Thursday morning refreshed , and finish your short drive into SoS. Thats what I did for MJ, and it worked out perfectly. My buddies whom I met there, drove through the night were felling it and ended up crashing early on the first night of the fest. The body can only take so many hours without sleep.

Sun Mar 09, 2014 12:06 pm Profile
Wanee Fan

handsNfeetRmangos wrote:
sneake wrote:

Certainly your call, but remember you are likely going to be getting very little sleep on Thursday/Fri/Sat so do you really want an additional night of zero hours of sleep before the party even starts? Maybe Im just getting old (Im actually not very old), but to me a good nights rest on the night before the start of a festival really can be crucial. If I were you Id consider leaving directly from work, doing the bulk of the drive then grabbing a cheap hotel for the night. Wake up on Thursday morning refreshed , and finish your short drive into SoS. Thats what I did for MJ, and it worked out perfectly. My buddies whom I met there, drove through the night were felling it and ended up crashing early on the first night of the fest. The body can only take so many hours without sleep.

I'll Sleep When I'm Dead

Sun Mar 09, 2014 1:12 pm Profile
Wanee Gnome

Hope not too silly a question...(its my 1st Wanee). So can I set up my tent right next to my car? And what if I wanted to leave the fest to get additional supplys..can I drive in and out? Just wondering...

Tue Mar 11, 2014 3:37 am Profile
 [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next