Last visit was: Sat Nov 01, 2014 10:08 am It is currently Sat Nov 01, 2014 10:08 am

[ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Arriving to campground late 
Wanee Master

Post Re: Arriving to campground late
capecodbob wrote:
Hope not too silly a question...(its my 1st Wanee). So can I set up my tent right next to my car? And what if I wanted to leave the fest to get additional supplys..can I drive in and out? Just wondering...

No problem on both questions...and welcome to the Forum capecodbob

Tue Mar 11, 2014 7:32 am Profile
Wanee Mushroom

capecodbob wrote:
Hope not too silly a question...(its my 1st Wanee). So can I set up my tent right next to my car? And what if I wanted to leave the fest to get additional supplys..can I drive in and out? Just wondering...

Yes and yes.

Tue Mar 11, 2014 8:48 am Profile
Wanee Lover

Jensen B Gator wrote:
capecodbob wrote:

No problem on both questions...and welcome to the Forum capecodbob

Two of the many best things about this venue!

Welcome ccbob.

Tue Mar 11, 2014 8:56 am Profile
Wanee Mushroom

Sparks wrote:
I have read through and see similar questions, but not exactly what we are trying to figure out...
We are going to be flying home to Atlanta from Phoenix on Thursday morning, jumping into the packed car and heading down. We are first timers to Wanee, and with our 6 year old daughter. We don't anticipate arriving to campground until roughly 10pm on Thursday night. Will it be possible to ck in then? Will it be difficult to find a nice camping spot? Will we even be able to get around the campground well after dark? Any suggestion on best location for camping with kids? Sorry for all of the questions and Thanks for any advice! We are so excited!

You'll be able to check in when you arrive, but it's gonna be tough for you to get around the park in the dark, especially since you've never been there before. It's a big place, with lots of nooks and crannies.

Where you end up on the first night may not end up where you want to be for the remainder of the festival, so keep that in mind. As far as the best place to go if you're camping with kids, the answer to that is everywhere! You will meet the nicest folks, and I've never heard anyone complain about kids being around, and this will be my seventh Wanee.

I actually salute you for bringing your daughter, it shows that you care about her musical education and broadening her view of the world. I took my son to see Santana years ago when he was five, and he loved it. He still talks about it to this day, and he's nearly 30 now!

Tue Mar 11, 2014 9:01 am Profile
Wanee Fan

Ha, here is my Santana story. Back when Carlos did that first album with a bunch of other artists, my brother's son was a kid (around 8 or so). I call my bro to ask what the kid might want for his birthday; he asks him & then tells me "He said he'd like some hot new CD that has on it a song by the singer from Matchbox 20 and some old guy playing the guitar." I laughed & told my brother, "Yeah, you'll probably recognize the old guy."

Tue Mar 11, 2014 1:34 pm Profile
Wanee Peach

We'll be coming from Atlanta Wednesday night, and like others have said, we are not going to try and navigate a 700 acre park we've never been to before and try to set up at night. We got a hotel in nearby Valdosta and will be coming early Thursday morning to find a place to camp and set up. :)

Being our first time, I have to say the maps of this place couldn't be any more confusing. On one map a lake is on the top, on another its to the east, etc. Every one we've seen looks different, no one really seems to know where the entrance is, so we really have no idea from a point of reference where we want to camp or how to where we would want to camp anyway...so....I think we'll just wing it. Either way, we're excited!!

Tue Mar 11, 2014 1:45 pm Profile
Wanee Master

Party moguls...look at the top and you will see a topic that says something like 17 maps of the park....open the very first one and that should be sufficient for all you need to know. Look on the right side and you will see Exit 3....which they should list as Entrance....as when you turn down that little road you will see a road that goes through a grassy area...and down that little road is the area they check your tickets and give you an armband. Once you have done that....the road goes straight ahead and simply follow that road to the area where you see the office....turn left there and you will be on River Road....just go straight to find a spot....or you can turn down any of the other roads to spots. It is not complicated at all.
I would come in Wednesday night if at all possible....forget the hotel...and music will be playing that afternoon and night. You can sleep in the car, if necessary that night and Thursday ....look for a site that suits you.
Forget all the different maps....as that one is sufficient. During the daylight hours....just wander around and get acclimated to the park.
Remember....your way back to your spot
AND
If you haven't been lost at least once....you haven't tried hard enough.

Tue Mar 11, 2014 2:16 pm Profile
Wanee Peach

Thanks for the info Rivernole...much appreciated! :)

Tue Mar 11, 2014 2:29 pm Profile
Wanee Veteran

One mistake alot of first timers make is that they dont realize how huge this place is. You come in the gate and see a crowd and immedietely start looking for a spot before someone else grabs it. It has been said here before, take your time and scout the place out. There is alot of room.

Tue Mar 11, 2014 3:35 pm Profile
Wanee Peach

I've heard about the Loop area, and it seems relatively close to the stages. Can you pitch a tent in that area?
Thanks!

Tue Mar 11, 2014 3:40 pm Profile
 [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next