Last visit was: Sat Aug 02, 2014 4:39 am It is currently Sat Aug 02, 2014 4:39 am

[ 146 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next
 Schedule release 
Wanee Gnome

Post Re: Schedule release
I am also curious you said at least 3 fest, name 3 fest they are responsible for at SOSMP????? :lol: :o

Fri Apr 04, 2014 11:14 am Profile
Wanee Fan

LA LA LA LA LA LA......Its almost Wanee time so I don't care.....as I have said in a zillion posts (ok I am only a fan so not a zillion), I go for so much more than the music....

I couldn't care less how well someone or someones play....without the atmosphere, the music is just that music.....

And unless music speaks to you in one way or another....its just noise....

In other words, I am going to wanee to enjoy Wanee and some damn good soul dancing music rather than going to hear some damn good soul dancing music at Wanee...

Fri Apr 04, 2014 11:20 am Profile
Wanee Veteran

Loofdrone wrote:
nickyler wrote:
Steve MiltonBurg was pretty good too. Plant Sucked. Wish I would have stayed at camp. Buddy Guy was FANTASTIC, dont forget him from that year. I patted him on the back as he played through the crowd.

That wasn't Buddy Guy :lol: :lol: :lol: That was Guitar Shorty!

I've never seen him. Let alone touched him.

Fri Apr 04, 2014 11:27 am Profile
Wanee Gnome

waneecrasher wrote:
That is not true at all, watch any of the there live shows and they do not jam at all, all look at their setlist they play the exact same songs in order for the same period every show. No jamming at all they just go through the motions. I hope they get dropped and anybody goes in their place.

I saw Skynyrd and Bad Company in NJ last summer and had a blast.. It was my best friends bachlorette party (it was the only time we could do it and they were the only bands around that were worth going to), granted we drank ourselves into another world before the show, but both skynyrd and bad company put on a fun show. I was tore up from the floor up but when you are around great friends and great surroundings and hear some familiar tunes, it's always a fun time.

Fri Apr 04, 2014 11:32 am Profile
Wanee Mushroom

nickyler wrote:
Loofdrone wrote:
nickyler wrote:
Steve MiltonBurg was pretty good too. Plant Sucked. Wish I would have stayed at camp. Buddy Guy was FANTASTIC, dont forget him from that year. I patted him on the back as he played through the crowd.

That wasn't Buddy Guy :lol: :lol: :lol: That was Guitar Shorty!

I've never seen him. Let alone touched him.

Then you weren't at Wanee 2011. Guitar Shorty, who amazed Jimi Hendrix back in the day, walked down the front of the Peach stage and into the crowd, laid on his back while playing a killer solo.
Besides, Plant's Band of Joy was great, so I know you weren't there. Buddy Miller, Patty Griffin, Darrell Scott...played right thru a beautiful sunset at the Peach stage. It was magical.

Fri Apr 04, 2014 11:36 am Profile
Wanee Mushroom

To the Skynyrd haters: There are exactly two Rock and Roll Hall of Famers on the bill at Wanee, and Skynyrd's one of 'em. Sure, the band is watered down. Death will do that to a band. And, yeah, they play the same setlist every night. But look at the setlist: Workin' for MCA, I Ain't the One, Last of a Dyin' Breed, What's Your Name, Gimme Back My Bullets, Down South Jukin', That Smell, You Got That Right, Saturday Night Special, I Know a Little, Simple Man, Mississippi Kid, Tuesday's Gone, Gimme Three Steps, Call Me the Breeze, Sweet Home Alabama, Freebird.
Not much filler in that set. And if you ain't dancing through Gimme Three Steps/Call Me the Breeze/Sweet Home Alabama, you ain't paying attention.

Fri Apr 04, 2014 11:54 am Profile
Wanee Master

TommyRay wrote:
To the Skynyrd haters: There are exactly two Rock and Roll Hall of Famers on the bill at Wanee, and Skynyrd's one of 'em. Sure, the band is watered down. Death will do that to a band. And, yeah, they play the same setlist every night. But look at the setlist: Workin' for MCA, I Ain't the One, Last of a Dyin' Breed, What's Your Name, Gimme Back My Bullets, Down South Jukin', That Smell, You Got That Right, Saturday Night Special, I Know a Little, Simple Man, Mississippi Kid, Tuesday's Gone, Gimme Three Steps, Call Me the Breeze, Sweet Home Alabama, Freebird.
Not much filler in that set. And if you ain't dancing through Gimme Three Steps/Call Me the Breeze/Sweet Home Alabama, you ain't paying attention.

Where's that darn LIKE button :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nm039Hw45aw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_FCQwv82 ... r_embedded

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NBo_POKv21w

Fri Apr 04, 2014 11:59 am Profile WWW
Wanee Fan

waneecrasher wrote:
I am also curious you said at least 3 fest, name 3 fest they are responsible for at SOSMP????? :lol: :o

call the park and ask I don't know which ones but I was talking to them about making a festival there and they (the sos told me that)im not trying to argue just saying what I was told by park owners/management.

Fri Apr 04, 2014 12:07 pm Profile
Wanee Fan

Dartdog82 wrote:
TommyRay wrote:
what he said ....
Where's that darn LIKE button :D

Fri Apr 04, 2014 12:08 pm Profile
Wanee Gnome

got the insight from live nation rep that they are reworking the schedule due to last minute ADDITIONS!

I can't wait to see who else is playing! :D :D :D 8-) 8-) 8-)

Fri Apr 04, 2014 12:17 pm Profile
 [ 146 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next