Last visit was: Wed Nov 26, 2014 9:41 pm It is currently Wed Nov 26, 2014 9:41 pm

[ 146 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next
 Schedule release 
Wanee Fan

Post Re: Schedule release
howdog wrote:
Dartdog82 wrote:
TommyRay wrote:
To the Skynyrd haters: There are exactly two Rock and Roll Hall of Famers on the bill at Wanee, and Skynyrd's one of 'em. Sure, the band is watered down. Death will do that to a band. And, yeah, they play the same setlist every night. But look at the setlist: Workin' for MCA, I Ain't the One, Last of a Dyin' Breed, What's Your Name, Gimme Back My Bullets, Down South Jukin', That Smell, You Got That Right, Saturday Night Special, I Know a Little, Simple Man, Mississippi Kid, Tuesday's Gone, Gimme Three Steps, Call Me the Breeze, Sweet Home Alabama, Freebird.
Not much filler in that set. And if you ain't dancing through Gimme Three Steps/Call Me the Breeze/Sweet Home Alabama, you ain't paying attention.
what he said ....
Where's that darn LIKE button :D

yea what they said.....

Fri Apr 04, 2014 12:18 pm Profile
Wanee Fan

soulshinesista wrote:
got the insight from live nation rep that they are reworking the schedule due to last minute ADDITIONS!

I can't wait to see who else is playing! :D :D :D 8-) 8-) 8-)

nice!!!!1

Fri Apr 04, 2014 12:21 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

howdog wrote:
waneecrasher wrote:
I am also curious you said at least 3 fest, name 3 fest they are responsible for at SOSMP????? :lol: :o

call the park and ask I don't know which ones but I was talking to them about making a festival there and they (the sos told me that)im not trying to argue just saying what I was told by park owners/management.

Big IV Productions is owned and operated by Paul Levine and Lyle Williams, founders of the Bear Creek Music Festival and co-producers of the brand new Blackwater Music Festival with Blackwater Music, LLC (a company owned by Williams and Judy Van Zant / owner of Jacksonville Beach, FL’s Freebird Live). Deeply engrained in the Florida music scene, Big IV Productions is also partners in Tallahassee’s Engine Room as well as Suwannee River Jam, and producers of the Purple Hatter’s Ball.

Following the shadows of the skies or are they only figments of my eyes?
And I'm feeling close to where the race is run
Waiting in our boats to set sail, sea of joy

Last edited by Waneebe on Fri Apr 04, 2014 12:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Apr 04, 2014 12:22 pm Profile
Wanee Gnome

Easy everybody not causing bad vibes here. Just it seemed an overstatement about LS having 3 fest at SOS when I believe there are only a couple of fest there including Wanee I don't care what some park ranger told you. Yes, LS will put on a good show and it will be a cool atmosphere with my friends bc they have so many good songs; but it isn't LS it's just not it's basically a cover band. LS compared to WSP or Further or SMB Or Black Keys which they have had in the past doesn't even come close to justice. LS has had like 30 band members in its lifetime. Don't care what all you LS fans think obviously people are disappointed they are playing and a lot of people wouldn't care if they got replaced. They could have done a lot better booking like doobie brothers, peter frampton, etc etc. It won't be hard to see a LS concert, they will always be around just replacing members as they go. SORRY I'm NOT SORRY that's just facts! :D :lol: :)

PS. I know they are inducted in the rock n roll hof, but it is simply the original LS, not who is playing, that doesn't mean squat. It would be like having a grateful dead or beatles or anybody who's members are dead and replacing them. Similar to like phish being inducted in the hof and mike gordon still playing calling the band phish. NOT THE SAME.

Fri Apr 04, 2014 12:27 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

Dartdog82 wrote:
TommyRay wrote:
To the Skynyrd haters: There are exactly two Rock and Roll Hall of Famers on the bill at Wanee, and Skynyrd's one of 'em. Sure, the band is watered down. Death will do that to a band. And, yeah, they play the same setlist every night. But look at the setlist: Workin' for MCA, I Ain't the One, Last of a Dyin' Breed, What's Your Name, Gimme Back My Bullets, Down South Jukin', That Smell, You Got That Right, Saturday Night Special, I Know a Little, Simple Man, Mississippi Kid, Tuesday's Gone, Gimme Three Steps, Call Me the Breeze, Sweet Home Alabama, Freebird.
Not much filler in that set. And if you ain't dancing through Gimme Three Steps/Call Me the Breeze/Sweet Home Alabama, you ain't paying attention.

Where's that darn LIKE button :D

so what youre saying is we wont hear swamp music, in a swamp?

this saddens me. maybe they will make an exception.

Fri Apr 04, 2014 12:31 pm Profile
Wanee Mushroom

waneecrasher wrote:
LS has had like 30 band members in its lifetime.

That's a gross exaggeration! It's only been 26!
(34 if you count the backup singers).

It's all good, 'Crasher. I just couldn't sit by and let people bash Skynyrd without sticking up for them.

Fri Apr 04, 2014 12:33 pm Profile
Wanee Master

waneecrasher wrote:
Easy everybody not causing bad vibes here. Just it seemed an overstatement about LS having 3 fest at SOS when I believe there are only a couple of fest there including Wanee I don't care what some park ranger told you. Yes, LS will put on a good show and it will be a cool atmosphere with my friends bc they have so many good songs; but it isn't LS it's just not it's basically a cover band. LS compared to WSP or Further or SMB Or Black Keys which they have had in the past doesn't even come close to justice. LS has had like 30 band members in its lifetime. Don't care what all you LS fans think obviously people are disappointed they are playing and a lot of people wouldn't care if they got replaced. They could have done a lot better booking like doobie brothers, peter frampton, etc etc. It won't be hard to see a LS concert, they will always be around just replacing members as they go. SORRY I'm NOT SORRY that's just facts! :D :lol: :)

PS. I know they are inducted in the rock n roll hof, but it is simply the original LS, not who is playing, that doesn't mean squat. It would be like having a grateful dead or beatles or anybody who's members are dead and replacing them. Similar to like phish being inducted in the hof and mike gordon still playing calling the band phish. NOT THE SAME.

Even ABB doesn't have original members, never stopped me from seeing them :!:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nm039Hw45aw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_FCQwv82 ... r_embedded

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NBo_POKv21w

Fri Apr 04, 2014 12:34 pm Profile WWW
Wanee Gnome

waneecrasher wrote:

couldn't have said it better myself!!! thank you so much!!! very well stated.

i don't mean to hate on LS, but it is like listening to a cover band. they played at Azalea Fest here in Wilmington last year, one night after the Avetts...and it stunk. waste of money. :(

WSP is headlining Azalea this year & i know my friends will have a blast at that.

I was hoping a Panic-like co-headliner at Wanee. i'll definitely dance to LS but if I had to pay to see them separate I would not...

Wanee is so close y'all!!! can't wait to see Warren (Mr. Haynes if your nasty) and my girl Susan (tedechi y'all)!!! :D :D :D :D

Fri Apr 04, 2014 12:34 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

Just throwing this out there, but me and my buddy are rednecking it up for the LS set. Redneck costume party has potential? When in Rome.

Alright, idea it out, now spread like wildfire!!

Fri Apr 04, 2014 12:36 pm Profile
Wanee Master

scotydog826 wrote:
but me and my buddy are rednecking it up for the LS set.

Yes....boots with cut-off jeans and shirts with the sleeves removed...big hat and a little t'backy...

I'll watch for you :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Fri Apr 04, 2014 12:41 pm Profile
 [ 146 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next