Last visit was: Fri Dec 19, 2014 10:23 am It is currently Fri Dec 19, 2014 10:23 am

[ 146 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next
 Schedule release 
Wanee Master

Post Re: Schedule release
:x :lol: :x :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nm039Hw45aw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_FCQwv82 ... r_embedded

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NBo_POKv21w

Fri Apr 04, 2014 2:23 pm Profile WWW
Wanee Gnome

I know that I will have a blast no matter who they add, change, remove, or whatever. BUT that being said there are parts of my festival planning that I would REALLY appreciate having a schedule to complete. What days do I not mind being at camp and cooking a real dinner and what days do I need to bring ramen for. Should I bring my Kayaks to paddle the river or do I need to leave those because there are too many "can't miss shows" during the times I would do so.

I think the general idea is that we all know Wanee is going to be incredible but lets all be honest here. We paid alot of money for these tickets and would like at least a sliver of customer support.

Fri Apr 04, 2014 2:25 pm Profile
Wanee Veteran

scotydog826 wrote:
noone against LS but moe. and Melvin against ABB family kinda stinks.I feel like the band is giving LS alot of respect being southern brothers so i'll play. I grew up listening to CCR, ABB, LS with my dad and wouldn't mind a swamp music, 4 walls, etc.

didn't Dfunk play opposite Furthur in 2012 or did i make that up?

I think they did one night. And Im fairly certain EOTO played during their set on the other night.

Fri Apr 04, 2014 3:40 pm Profile
Wanee Veteran

TommyRay wrote:
To the Skynyrd haters: There are exactly two Rock and Roll Hall of Famers on the bill at Wanee, and Skynyrd's one of 'em. Sure, the band is watered down. Death will do that to a band. And, yeah, they play the same setlist every night. But look at the setlist: Workin' for MCA, I Ain't the One, Last of a Dyin' Breed, What's Your Name, Gimme Back My Bullets, Down South Jukin', That Smell, You Got That Right, Saturday Night Special, I Know a Little, Simple Man, Mississippi Kid, Tuesday's Gone, Gimme Three Steps, Call Me the Breeze, Sweet Home Alabama, Freebird.
Not much filler in that set. And if you ain't dancing through Gimme Three Steps/Call Me the Breeze/Sweet Home Alabama, you ain't paying attention.

Ah great, now we all know the LS set ahead of time. Where's the spoiler alert?

On a related note, in my opinion a glorified cover band playing the exact same setlist every show without any creativity or originality is ALL filler.

That being said, I do anticipate some guests on stage during their set so maybe they will mix it up a bit. I dont really care either way. Im not in the anti-LS camp that many people are, but I also have zero desire to see them. If there is anyone playing opposite them, I will most likely be at the other bands set. If its just them, I will probably stop by for a bit and check it out, then wander around the park if Im not feeling it.

Fri Apr 04, 2014 3:47 pm Profile
Wanee Mushroom

When Gregg missed those two ABB shows at the Beacon last month did the ABB become a "glorified cover band"?

Just wondering...

Fri Apr 04, 2014 3:52 pm Profile
Wanee Veteran

TommyRay wrote:
To the Skynyrd haters: There are exactly two Rock and Roll Hall of Famers on the bill at Wanee, and Skynyrd's one of 'em. Sure, the band is watered down. Death will do that to a band. And, yeah, they play the same setlist every night. But look at the setlist: Workin' for MCA, I Ain't the One, Last of a Dyin' Breed, What's Your Name, Gimme Back My Bullets, Down South Jukin', That Smell, You Got That Right, Saturday Night Special, I Know a Little, Simple Man, Mississippi Kid, Tuesday's Gone, Gimme Three Steps, Call Me the Breeze, Sweet Home Alabama, Freebird.
Not much filler in that set. And if you ain't dancing through Gimme Three Steps/Call Me the Breeze/Sweet Home Alabama, you ain't paying attention.

Queen and The Doors are in the HoF too, but if their rhythm guitar players started touring with the name they would be booed off stage. Why should this be any different?

Fri Apr 04, 2014 3:55 pm Profile
Wanee Veteran

dinahmoehumm wrote:
When Gregg missed those two ABB shows at the Beacon last month did the ABB become a "glorified cover band"?

Just wondering...

Worried that was the case they cancelled the rest because "they could not perform at the desired level"

Fri Apr 04, 2014 3:56 pm Profile
Wanee Veteran

Loofdrone wrote:

Then you weren't at Wanee 2011. Guitar Shorty, who amazed Jimi Hendrix back in the day, walked down the front of the Peach stage and into the crowd, laid on his back while playing a killer solo.
Besides, Plant's Band of Joy was great, so I know you weren't there. Buddy Miller, Patty Griffin, Darrell Scott...played right thru a beautiful sunset at the Peach stage. It was magical.

Couple of things here.

I was at Wanee 2011. Buddy Guy was not. They sort of run together sometimes. I know who Guitar Shorty is, thanks for the history, but I have never seen him. I will be at this wanee. I will leave on Sunday saying that I have never seen Linyard Skinyard. It was 2009 when Buddy Guy walked through the crowd. Also Plant sang like 2 good licks that year. One was during houses of the Holy. Everyone cheered. Other than that It was 2 hours of Bible songs by the band of unenjoyment. IT SUCKED. The sunset was lovely. I could even go as far as magical so we arent splitting hairs.

Fri Apr 04, 2014 4:15 pm Profile
Wanee Veteran

i loved that robert plant set ? north miss allstars right before it was a good one too

Fri Apr 04, 2014 4:22 pm Profile
Wanee Veteran

whole lot of love wrote:
i loved that robert plant set ? north miss allstars right before it was a good one too

Yes he was lovely to look at with those flowing locks, but it would have been nice to hear him sing.
Was that when NMA did the Duo? Traveling stage? They were great all weekend.

Fri Apr 04, 2014 4:25 pm Profile
 [ 146 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next