Last visit was: Mon Jul 28, 2014 12:16 am It is currently Mon Jul 28, 2014 12:16 am

[ 146 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 15  Next
 Schedule release 
Wanee Mushroom

Post Re: Schedule release
There is a reason that Trey and LS are placed directly before the Allman Bros. Gives Warren and Derek a breather between their hour and a half set and the bros two and a half hour set.
Also, no one should be playing opposite of either Mule or TTB. Bad planning to do so

Fri Apr 04, 2014 9:38 am Profile
Wanee Lover

noone against LS but moe. and Melvin against ABB family kinda stinks.I feel like the band is giving LS alot of respect being southern brothers so i'll play. I grew up listening to CCR, ABB, LS with my dad and wouldn't mind a swamp music, 4 walls, etc.

didn't Dfunk play opposite Furthur in 2012 or did i make that up?

Fri Apr 04, 2014 9:41 am Profile
Wanee Mushroom

TheresaCee wrote:
Not everyone wants to see Skynyrd Go....I for one am going especially for them.....(or whats left of them)...

ABB is a great reason to be there, but the clincher for me this year was Skynyrd

Some of you need to lighten up on Skynyrd. Like TheresaCee shared, I went to my first Wanee in 2011 because of Robert Plant and Steve Miller - and then fell in love with the whole festival - and "fans" were pissing and moaning about those artists ruining "their" Wanee that year.

Johnny Van Zant has paid his dues, suffered the loss of his brother like Gregg did, and continues to bring quality southern rock music to fans everywhere. Don't forget, the original band came from Jax, FL and this is home. Makes sense for them to be a guest at Wanee.

Fri Apr 04, 2014 10:12 am Profile
Wanee Veteran

stevie miller, robert plant and especially ween gave us awesome shows that yr

Fri Apr 04, 2014 10:19 am Profile
Wanee Veteran

whole lot of love wrote:
stevie miller, robert plant and especially ween gave us awesome shows that yr

Smile on Mighty Jesus, Spinal Meningitis Got Me Down!!!

Fri Apr 04, 2014 10:28 am Profile
Wanee Veteran

Steve MiltonBurg was pretty good too. Plant Sucked. Wish I would have stayed at camp. Buddy Guy was FANTASTIC, dont forget him from that year. I patted him on the back as he played through the crowd.

Fri Apr 04, 2014 10:29 am Profile
Wanee Gnome

I saw ABB in Atlanta and Charlotte in 2012.

LS was the opening for ABB in Charlotte. Not being a huge LS fan, I was skeptical. LS put on a great show and really amped the crowd up.

As a result ABB came out and blew the doors off the place .... one of the best ABB shows I have seen in the past few years.

Fri Apr 04, 2014 10:31 am Profile
Wanee Mushroom

nickyler wrote:
Steve MiltonBurg was pretty good too. Plant Sucked. Wish I would have stayed at camp. Buddy Guy was FANTASTIC, dont forget him from that year. I patted him on the back as he played through the crowd.

That wasn't Buddy Guy :lol: :lol: :lol: That was Guitar Shorty!

Fri Apr 04, 2014 10:39 am Profile
Wanee Fan

TheresaCee wrote:
Not everyone wants to see Skynyrd Go....I for one am going especially for them.....(or whats left of them)...

ABB is a great reason to be there, but the clincher for me this year was Skynyrd

GrozDozer wrote:
Hope Skynard does drop out. Give TTB their slot and move a smaller band into TTB's old slot so there isn't that Moe/TTB conflict and let the Heavy Pets stay and play an early show on Friday. Move Chris Robinson back and give them his slot. Just get Skynard outta there.

what most of you probably don't know is the van zant family currently is responcable for at least 3 festivals at sos they just don't advertise , think yall should give skynyrd a break they will jam no need to hate

Fri Apr 04, 2014 10:55 am Profile
Wanee Gnome

howdog wrote:
TheresaCee wrote:

GrozDozer wrote:
Hope Skynard does drop out. Give TTB their slot and move a smaller band into TTB's old slot so there isn't that Moe/TTB conflict and let the Heavy Pets stay and play an early show on Friday. Move Chris Robinson back and give them his slot. Just get Skynard outta there.

what most of you probably don't know is the van zant family currently is responcable for at least 3 festivals at sos they just don't advertise , think yall should give skynyrd a break they will jam no need to hate

That is not true at all, watch any of the there live shows and they do not jam at all, all look at their setlist they play the exact same songs in order for the same period every show. No jamming at all they just go through the motions. I hope they get dropped and anybody goes in their place.

Fri Apr 04, 2014 11:13 am Profile
 [ 146 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 15  Next